TrueBlueArmy Forums
Players given up - Printable Version

+- TrueBlueArmy Forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com)
+-- Forum: TBA forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Play Up Pompey (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Players given up (/showthread.php?tid=1722)

Players given up - stayinupforever - 09-04-2022

Looks that way.No promotion or relegation. Some will be leaving in the summer, others going ack to their clubs. Poor season again.

RE: Players given up - ForeverPompey - 09-04-2022

Going backwards.

RE: Players given up - Pompeyg100 - 09-04-2022

Surely you have to start in order to give up?

RE: Players given up - Hammie - 09-04-2022

Too much techy play and not enough heart.

RE: Players given up - bluetagagain - 10-04-2022

How I’d love a Neil Warnock style manager. Someone would sort the dressing room out. Just a pity he’s retired.

RE: Players given up - exgaffer - 10-04-2022

(10-04-2022, 07:25 AM)bluetagagain Wrote: How I’d love a Neil Warnock style manager. Someone would sort the dressing room out. Just a pity he’s retired.

He wouldn’t tolerate lack of effort and ‘going through the motions’ that’s for sure.

Walker wouldn’t be anywhere near the starting line up for a start and he would put a rocket up Harness’ backside too.

The Cowleys are into ‘sport science’ rather than passion, you need a mixture of both and the game can not be played on a laptop.

Five changes again yesterday says it all. You need a settled side in order to get some consistency, only teams like Citeh, who have world class players throughout the squad, can get away with chopping and changing all the time.

A decent manager knows his best eleven and plays them, unless forced to change by injury or loss of form. 

Please, please, please give us a decent manager.

RE: Players given up - Bluebob - 10-04-2022

(10-04-2022, 08:59 AM)exgaffer Wrote:
(10-04-2022, 07:25 AM)bluetagagain Wrote: How I’d love a Neil Warnock style manager. Someone would sort the dressing room out. Just a pity he’s retired.

He wouldn’t tolerate lack of effort and ‘going through the motions’ that’s for sure.

Walker wouldn’t be anywhere near the starting line up for a start and he would put a rocket up Harness’ backside too.

The Cowleys are into ‘sport science’ rather than passion, you need a mixture of both and the game can not be played on a laptop.

Five changes again yesterday says it all. You need a settled side in order to get some consistency, only teams like Citeh, who have world class players throughout the squad, can get away with chopping and changing all the time.

A decent manager knows his best eleven and plays them, unless forced to change by injury or loss of form. 

Please, please, please give us a decent manager.
Absolutely spot on. Before yesterday we had 7 games left, just come off a decent performance at Bolton and Cowley feels he can make 5 changes because we have a tough game against Rotherham on Tuesday. Personally I would have stuck with the same team to get a morel boosting win at a below mid-table team going into the Rotherham. All this rubbish about how many games we have in a short time, they just have had 2 weeks off.
I was really hopeful that after the boring football under Jackett the Cowley’s would be a bit of fresh air but sadly not. After 56yrs of following Pompey home and away it is getting harder and harder to justify another season ticket.

RE: Players given up - 66zoolane - 10-04-2022

(10-04-2022, 07:25 AM)bluetagagain Wrote: How I’d love a Neil Warnock style manager. Someone would sort the dressing room out. Just a pity he’s retired

We'd be a nice little retirement job. That or B&Q.

RE: Players given up - Hammie - 10-04-2022

Far too much reliance on the results from the sports bra thing. We have some decent players but are not getting anything like the best from them.