TrueBlueArmy Forums
Next Manager - Printable Version

+- TrueBlueArmy Forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com)
+-- Forum: TBA forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Play Up Pompey (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Next Manager (/showthread.php?tid=1729)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: Next Manager - Pompeyg100 - 19-04-2022

I wouldn’t agree that he did well, he also got the sack.

The never should have hired him, that’s the owners only mistake I would say and in what was is he better than KJ? We haven’t even flirted either the play offs this season.

Give him a window and then get someone else in at Xmas who wants to rebuild the squad again? DC failed his trial 12 games and he’s failed this season so best to get rid now.

RE: Next Manager - bluebollox - 19-04-2022

(19-04-2022, 04:31 PM)Pompeyg100 Wrote: I wouldn’t agree that he did well, he also got the sack.

The never should have hired him, that’s the owners only mistake I would say and in what was is he better than KJ? We haven’t even flirted either the play offs this season.

Give him a window and then get someone else in at Xmas who wants to rebuild the squad again? DC failed his trial 12 games and he’s failed this season so best to get rid now.

I know lets bring back the dinosaur Jackett. Job done. Sell the midfielders because we sure as hell wont need them with that twot back.  Big Grin
Yes we play through the midfield nowadays-something Jackett wasn't fussed over. lol
Huddersfield-stayed up, new owner comes in etc iirc. His job was to keep them up when they were looking precarious-he kept them up. Thats a decent job well done imho.

RE: Next Manager - Pedalo_menders - 19-04-2022

The football itself is better than jackettball. But jacketball was definitely the worst football I have ever witnessed at Pompey. Jacket should have focused on the league when he had the chance (twice) to win it, instead of risking it all on the pisspot trophy.

Jackettball was worse than Barker, Whittingham or Awford. Perhaps on a par with Paul Hart but with worse players.

Cowleys football is more exciting because he does at least try getting the players to pass to eachother. However it is tactically naieve and overly complicated to the extent that the basics aren't being done properly. The thing that really passes me off is that DC (and the recruitment team) should have done far more to prepare for the 2022/23 season. Our patience isn't going to extend for another year. Next season is do or die.

(19-04-2022, 04:46 PM)bluebollox Wrote:
(19-04-2022, 04:31 PM)Pompeyg100 Wrote: I wouldn’t agree that he did well, he also got the sack.

I know lets bring back the dinosaur Jackett. Job done. Sell the midfielders because we sure as hell wont need them with that twot back.  Big Grin
Yes we play through the midfield nowadays-something Jackett wasn't fussed over. lol
Huddersfield-stayed up, new owner comes in etc iirc. His job was to keep them up when they were looking precarious-he kept them up. Thats a decent job well done imho.
Did I say bring him back?

That wasn’t his job, he was hired to keep them up, he was hired as their manager.  He had a win % of 33% or something, that’s not good enough.

I couldn’t give a crap what the football is like, but DC’s is still turd. We just need to get out of this league and the Chuckle Brothers won’t get us out. So it’s all very well giving him another window but the result will be the same and then we’ve wasted another season.

(19-04-2022, 04:54 PM)Pedalo_menders Wrote: The football itself is better than jackettball. But jacketball was definitely the worst football I have ever witnessed at Pompey. Jacket should have focused on the league when he had the chance (twice) to win it, instead of risking it all on the pisspot trophy.

Jackettball was worse than Barker, Whittingham or Awford. Perhaps on a par with Paul Hart but with worse players.

Cowleys football is more exciting because he does at least try getting the players to pass to eachother. However it is tactically naieve and overly complicated to the extent that the basics aren't being done properly. The thing that really passes me off is that DC (and the recruitment team) should have done far more to prepare for the 2022/23 season. Our patience isn't going to extend for another year. Next season is do or die.

More exciting but not exciting, it’s been pretty bad to watch for the majority of the season.

RE: Next Manager - bluebollox - 19-04-2022

(19-04-2022, 05:36 PM)Pompeyg100 Wrote:

That wasn’t his job, he was hired to keep them up, he was hired as their manager.  He had a win % of 33% or something, that’s not good enough.

I couldn’t give a crap what the football is like, but DC’s is still turd. We just need to get out of this league and the Chuckle Brothers won’t get us out. So it’s all very well giving him another window but the result will be the same and then we’ve wasted another season.

Thats 30secs of my life I'll never get back.  Dodgy

(19-04-2022, 06:25 PM)bluebollox Wrote:
(19-04-2022, 05:36 PM)Pompeyg100 Wrote:

Thats 30secs of my life I'll never get back.  Dodgy

Good reply!!

RE: Next Manager - Jizbag - 20-04-2022

(19-04-2022, 04:54 PM)Pedalo_menders Wrote: The football itself is better than jackettball. But jacketball was definitely the worst football I have ever witnessed at Pompey. Jacket should have focused on the league when he had the chance (twice) to win it, instead of risking it all on the pisspot trophy.

Cowleys football is more exciting because he does at least try getting the players to pass to eachother. However it is tactically naieve and overly complicated to the extent that the basics aren't being done properly. The thing that really passes me off is that DC (and the recruitment team) should have done far more to prepare for the 2022/23 season. Our patience isn't going to extend for another year. Next season is do or die
You don't remember Pullis then....

RE: Next Manager - Jizbag - 20-04-2022

I'd like to see a replacement for Cowley. What about MK Dons manager? He's got links with Cullen who hired him. I think Cowley has gone as far as can with Pompey, his lack of discipline in plain to see as is tactical naivety. Missed out on the playoffs twice since he's been here...that's enough for me.

RE: Next Manager - bluebollox - 20-04-2022

(20-04-2022, 12:21 PM)Jizbag Wrote: I'd like to see a replacement for Cowley. What about MK Dons manager? He's got links with Cullen who hired him. I think Cowley has gone as far as can with Pompey, his lack of discipline in plain to see as is tactical naivety. Missed out on the playoffs twice since he's been here...that's enough for me.

Last season was all about Catlin telling players they were in for big pay cuts. They gave up after he told them in february. Stupid from Catlin. 
So The Cowleys get a pass on that & this season imho, saddled with players on big wages like Harrison & Marquis limited their ability to perform in the TW.
However if they feck it up this summer then fair play I may well be joining you.

RE: Next Manager - Pompeyg100 - 20-04-2022

Let’s give DC a new contract with built in excuses for failure.

RE: Next Manager - bluebollox - 20-04-2022

(20-04-2022, 02:21 PM)Pompeyg100 Wrote: Let’s give DC a new contract with built in excuses for failure.

Sounds like a plan.  Smile

RE: Next Manager - Pedalo_menders - 20-04-2022

Put a clause that fines him a tenner every time he uses the term "intelligent"

RE: Next Manager - jowa - 21-04-2022

As much as it is nice to speculate over who could lead us back to the prem, I think DC is here to stay for a long time. The Eisners have been going on and on about sustainable development, I doubt they'd really want to splash the cash on bringing someone decent in over developing facilities etc.

RE: Next Manager - exterminator - 21-04-2022

(21-04-2022, 03:58 PM)jowa Wrote: As much as it is nice to speculate over who could lead us back to the prem, I think DC is here to stay for a long time. The Eisners have been going on and on about sustainable development, I doubt they'd really want to splash the cash on bringing someone decent in over developing facilities etc.

Spot on, DC only took over temporarily in Mid Narch 2021, he can hardly be blamed for not achieving anything in two months last season.

In Summer 2021 he was given "a long term contract" - that means to me 4 or even 5 years -Tornante/ Eisners are quite happy to build the infrastructure and be promoted as and when the time is right.

Tornante/The Eisners/ DC/NC are ALL here long term !!

RE: Next Manager - Pompeyg100 - 21-04-2022

He was given a 12 game trial and said we would miss the play offs over his dead body. He failed.

I don’t believe he would have been given longer than 3 years.

RE: Next Manager - Rick Pumpkin - 21-04-2022

(20-04-2022, 05:12 PM)Pedalo_menders Wrote: Put a clause that fines him a tenner every time he uses the term "intelligent"

Can we add 'humility' and 'humble' in there too?

RE: Next Manager - exterminator - 21-04-2022

(21-04-2022, 07:20 PM)Pompeyg100 Wrote: He was given a 12 game trial and said we would miss the play offs over his dead body. He failed.

You can believe what you like, but you are wrong in just 3 years.

Tornante & The Eisners have always talked about " long term plans" and  "getting the right young managerial team and giving them plenty of time".

As Eric Eisner said in his recent tweets, they don't want us to be a yo-yo team (promotion/relegation). They are quite prepared to bide their time, get the infrastructure/ training ground/academy right  and give the coach/manager that time as well.

(21-04-2022, 08:27 PM)exterminator Wrote:
(21-04-2022, 07:20 PM)Pompeyg100 Wrote: He was given a 12 game trial and said we would miss the play offs over his dead body. He failed.

You can believe what you like, but you are wrong in just 3 years.

Tornante & The Eisners have always talked about " long term plans" and  "getting the right young managerial team and giving them plenty of time".

As Eric Eisner said in his recent tweets, they don't want us to be a yo-yo team (promotion/relegation). They are quite prepared to bide their time, get the infrastructure/ training ground/academy right  and give the coach/manager that time as well.
They won’t be saying that at Xmas. What owner says anything different.

The worrying thing for me was that he says they want all teams at the club playing the same style.

‘If we can add those qualities and keep this group together then I think we’ll be in a really good place to be competitive next year.’

You can’t keep this group together Danny, you haven’t realised yet that you signed loan players?

RE: Next Manager - DeepBlue - 21-04-2022

(21-04-2022, 08:45 PM)Pompeyg100 Wrote: ‘If we can add those qualities and keep this group together then I think we’ll be in a really good place to be competitive next year.’

You can’t keep this group together Danny, you haven’t realised yet that you signed loan players?

Hirst and Carter would both be up for staying ... don't write them off totally yet.

RE: Next Manager - Hammie - 21-04-2022

If we can keep Carter that would be a huge coup and would really give us a strong defence to build a team on.

(21-04-2022, 09:30 PM)Hammie Wrote: If we can keep Carter that would be a huge coup and would really give us a strong defence to build a team on.

It would, but we won’t.

RE: Next Manager - Hammie - 22-04-2022

I'm not expecting to. Problem is that he mostly wants to sign champ players but they are four times the wages. From the start when they arrived, we were going down the sign young and improve route, which was going pretty well until we took a dead end when we signed Marquis. Trouble is it must take time to do that and a lot of our fans have run out of patience.

RE: Next Manager - DeepBlue - 22-04-2022

(22-04-2022, 08:41 AM)Hammie Wrote: I'm not expecting to. Problem is that he mostly wants to sign champ players but they are four times the wages. From the start when they arrived, we were going down the sign young and improve route, which was going pretty well until we took a dead end when we signed Marquis. Trouble is it must take time to do that and a lot of our fans have run out of patience.

Eh ??   Marquis was signed by Jackett nearly three years ago long before Cowley's 'sign em young and improve them' strategy.