TrueBlueArmy Forums
Next Manager - Printable Version

+- TrueBlueArmy Forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com)
+-- Forum: TBA forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Play Up Pompey (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Next Manager (/showthread.php?tid=1729)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: Next Manager - Cleaver Greene - 22-04-2022

(21-04-2022, 07:20 PM)Rick Pumpkin Wrote:
(20-04-2022, 05:12 PM)Pedalo_menders Wrote: Put a clause that fines him a tenner every time he uses the term "intelligent"

Can we add 'humility' and 'humble' in there too?

And "Energy"

RE: Next Manager - Tomsk - 22-04-2022

I'm struggling to think of a manager who plays attractive football, is a winner, is calm yet passionate, talks intelligently, honestly and knowledgeably, and not a hint of bullshit, who is available in League 1

RE: Next Manager - Pedalo_menders - 22-04-2022

(22-04-2022, 10:13 AM)Tomsk Wrote: I'm struggling to think of a manager who plays attractive football, is a winner, is calm yet passionate, talks intelligently, honestly and knowledgeably, and not a hint of bullshit, who is available in League 1

No-one that ticks all of those boxes unfortunately. All of those mangers are in champ or higher. We've just gotta pray that Gary O'Neil keeps on developing and turns out to be the next Eddie Howe.  Wink

RE: Next Manager - Pompeyg100 - 22-04-2022

I’ll take a winner, not that fussed about anything else.

RE: Next Manager - exgaffer - 22-04-2022

(22-04-2022, 03:50 PM)Pompeyg100 Wrote: I’ll take a winner, not that fussed about anything else.

Well winning certainly makes the bullshit interviews less annoying, that’s for sure.

RE: Next Manager - 66zoolane - 22-04-2022

(22-04-2022, 03:50 PM)Pompeyg100 Wrote: I’ll take a winner, not that fussed about anything else.

But then you're back to Jackett - good win percentage while achieving nothing worthwhile, and terrible unwatchable football to achieve the nothing.

RE: Next Manager - Pompeyg100 - 22-04-2022

Then we’re back to DC, unwatchable football and achieving nothing.

RE: Next Manager - Tomsk - 23-04-2022

(15-04-2022, 04:05 PM)mikey393 Wrote: Sean Dyche

Someone on the Everton board described him as 'another Benitiz crossed with a scotch egg'  Shy

RE: Next Manager - Isaac Hunt - 23-04-2022

So cr-edible then

RE: Next Manager - Cleaver Greene - 01-05-2022

Two managers now out of work.
Tony Mowbray and Michael Appleton.

RE: Next Manager - Pangus - 01-05-2022

We couldn't afford either of them I'm afraid to say,

RE: Next Manager - Tomsk - 01-05-2022

Good, that would be a no and no from me

RE: Next Manager - bluebollox - 01-05-2022

(01-05-2022, 09:17 AM)Tomsk Wrote: Good, that would be a no and no from me

And me, why would anyone want a dinosaur like Mowbray or yesterdays man in Appleton. Both are rapidly gaining a reputation for being a bit shite.

RE: Next Manager - Hammie - 01-05-2022

to be fair looking around there does not seem an obvious candidate. and the form after the january squad settled in was pretty good. So I guess we settle down, keep our fingers crossed for a decent round of resigning what we have and adding a bit of depth and at least one striker (be lovely to keep Hirst now he is settled and I will be most impressed if we somehow manage it.) plus sort the keeper situation out urgently as the top sides are usually those who also let the least goals in by the end of the season.

RE: Next Manager - firqdays - 01-05-2022

Hammie,

Too true regarding HIRST what a good start that would be, but sadly it WILL be a miracle if we achieve it.

To my mind we must establish BASS as our stopper for next season, he will not let us down.

And, concerning our manager ... well things will not change - the Eisner's have already stated that,
let's just hope for some magic in identifying and signing the right players. PUP

RE: Next Manager - mikey393 - 02-05-2022

Unfortunately, having watched the interview we are stuck with the Cowley's for the near future.

Get the ground seating finished asap & get the capacity back up to 20K then look to gradually increase to 25K which we will need for The Championship. I can't see 30k being needed until we reach The Promised Land of the Premier League. How have the owner's left it to the Council & H&S to get them to sort out the unsafe seating & in the middle of a season as well?

On the playing side: Hirst is No. 1 priority to sign permanently somehow, Carter & maybe Romeo.
One of Harness or Jacobs or both may need to be cashed in on to give us a decent war chest.
The owner's seem very reluctant to splash any decent amount of cash. Yes, it's Great being Debt Free but that doesn't win us promotion! Let the Cowley's get the business done early before any of the friendlies so we're fully ready for the season. Again get in early for any loans we may need from London area clubs preferably.

Nearly forgot, Director of Football currently being recruited to sort out transfer targets. Really needs to be the right person & believe Harry is available! Whoever it is, will need a competive budget it or forget it.

The academy really needs sorting out asap. They won their last game 3-2 against the Wombles but were playing 3 triallists. We need to build a decent full-time squad for next season now.

RE: Next Manager - Pompeyg100 - 02-05-2022

No one but Cowley is stopping Cowley getting business done early!! He gets his budget, he spends it.

How much you spend doesn’t dictate where you finish.