TrueBlueArmy Forums
Team for Rotherham - Printable Version

+- TrueBlueArmy Forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com)
+-- Forum: TBA forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Play Up Pompey (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Team for Rotherham (/showthread.php?tid=1736)

Pages: 1 2

RE: Team for Rotherham - Rescue Dog - 13-04-2022

Not been to a lot of games this year due to Saturday work commitments (and getting a bit bored with what's on offer) but thoroughly enjoyed last night. 

Some really decent and exciting football. 

Curtis didn't have a great game but the rest were excellent. Whilst Rotherham may be on a poor run they have some decent players and, at times, played some decent football; we were just better.

The back 4 were excellent, the midfield competitive and upfront Hirst was super (very impressed with Thomson, also).

If we could keep the bulk of this side (a big 'if', I know) and make some competent signings then there is hope for next year (as long as Cowley stops over complicating 'things').

RE: Team for Rotherham - Isaac Hunt - 13-04-2022

I ask the question again...why are we not playing Webber in goal ?

RE: Team for Rotherham - exgaffer - 13-04-2022

(13-04-2022, 10:09 AM)Rescue Dog Wrote: Not been to a lot of games this year due to Saturday work commitments (and getting a bit bored with what's on offer) but thoroughly enjoyed last night. 

Some really decent and exciting football. 

Curtis didn't have a great game but the rest were excellent. Whilst Rotherham may be on a poor run they have some decent players and, at times, played some decent football; we were just better.

The back 4 were excellent, the midfield competitive and upfront Hirst was super (very impressed with Thomson, also).

If we could keep the bulk of this side (a big 'if', I know) and make some competent signings then there is hope for next year (as long as Cowley stops over complicating 'things').

Very good post RD.

Your assessment of Curtis ‘not having a great game’ is charitable to say the least though  Smile .

He hasn’t been playing well lately and is arguably not worth a place in the side at the moment.

His mum probably wouldn’t agree with that of course  Smile .

RE: Team for Rotherham - Rocketman - 13-04-2022

Completely agree with both comment. If only The News asked tough post-game comments like "really good game tonight Danny, but why were the players motivated tonight but not against Cheltenham, ad who's fault is that. How much time do you insist the players spent practicing free-kicks and crosses? Why do we get so many injuries"?

RE: Team for Rotherham - Pedalo_menders - 13-04-2022

And why the fook are we still starting players who you've already said will not be here next year.

To be fair to cowley, he did take responsibility for the Cheltenham game instead of doing a Derek Adams and pretending all is is fine.

RE: Team for Rotherham - briefcase_wanchor - 13-04-2022

(13-04-2022, 11:36 AM)Rocketman Wrote: Completely agree with both comment. If only The News asked tough post-game comments  like "really good game tonight Danny, but why were the players motivated tonight but not against Cheltenham, ad who's fault is that. How much time do you insist the players spent practicing free-kicks and crosses? Why do we get so many injuries"?

In the early 90's I played football with a journalist who reported on Norwich City for the main paper in the city; had access to the ground, training pitches, and travelled with the team, including on their European trips (it was the time they beat Brian Munich).  After a period of frustration he began asking the awkward questions which the club don't want journo's to ask.  He was soon persona non grata and taken off duties with the club.  So, I suspect local reporters, especially the younger ones, have an element of self preservation. Doesn't necessarily sit with what the discerning supporter wants to know though. My mate went on to become freelance for Fleet St rags and had a much wider ambit.

RE: Team for Rotherham - Isaac Hunt - 13-04-2022

More power then to 3 lads in a pub

RE: Team for Rotherham - Pompeyg100 - 13-04-2022

(13-04-2022, 02:35 PM)briefcase_wanchor Wrote:
(13-04-2022, 11:36 AM)Rocketman Wrote: Completely agree with both comment. If only The News asked tough post-game comments  like "really good game tonight Danny, but why were the players motivated tonight but not against Cheltenham, ad who's fault is that. How much time do you insist the players spent practicing free-kicks and crosses? Why do we get so many injuries"?

In the early 90's I played football with a journalist who reported on Norwich City for the main paper in the city; had access to the ground, training pitches, and travelled with the team, including on their European trips (it was the time they beat Brian Munich).  After a period of frustration he began asking the awkward questions which the club don't want journo's to ask.  He was soon persona non grata and taken off duties with the club.  So, I suspect local reporters, especially the younger ones, have an element of self preservation. Doesn't necessarily sit with what the discerning supporter wants to know though. My mate went on to become freelance for Fleet St rags and had a much wider ambit.

The News have been banned from the club before haven’t they?

RE: Team for Rotherham - BilltheCat - 13-04-2022

Brian Munich.

That is how they will be named in my house from now on.

Thank you!

RE: Team for Rotherham - Deebo - 13-04-2022

They've got a game against Wilfsburg this weekend.

RE: Team for Rotherham - Rescue Dog - 13-04-2022

(13-04-2022, 03:45 PM)Pompeyg100 Wrote:
(13-04-2022, 02:35 PM)briefcase_wanchor Wrote:

The News have been banned from the club before haven’t they?

I believe that was under the Gregory's (but going on memory rather than a quick search).