TrueBlueArmy Forums
Great Win! - Printable Version

+- TrueBlueArmy Forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com)
+-- Forum: TBA forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Play Up Pompey (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Great Win! (/showthread.php?tid=1742)

Great Win! - mikey393 - 12-04-2022

Really well done boys & greatly deserved.

Cowley finally got the tactics right for a change.

Bas setting up attacks with long goal kicks playing 3 against 3 in the attacking half.

Who needs Courtinho when we have Jacobs! Harness sounded like he really played well &  scored as  well.

Hirst is getting better each game & just needs to work on his finishing.

Clean sheet with a solid back 4.

Even David Connolly said Pompey played well which is a first!

RE: Great Win! - Hammie - 12-04-2022

a solid back 4
the most important thing of the evening against a big physical team like Rotherham, even on a downward spiral.
Attacking at pace was brilliant to see

RE: Great Win! - Pompeyg100 - 12-04-2022

(12-04-2022, 09:09 PM)Hammie Wrote: a solid back 4
the most important thing of the evening against a big physical team like Rotherham, even on a downward spiral.
Attacking at pace was brilliant to see

An excellent well deserved result unfortunately 6 games too late. Look forward to wing backs and 5 changes on Friday.

RE: Great Win! - ForeverPompey - 12-04-2022

Solid hard fought win against an abject Rotherham. Hirst excellent 2nd half as was Harness in patches. Defence sound. Makes you wonder where they all disappear to for long spells in the season. Happy and frustrated at the same time.

RE: Great Win! - Pedalo_menders - 12-04-2022

As a one off game, that was really enjoyable to watch. Glad the players put in a shift.

RE: Great Win! - Isaac Hunt - 13-04-2022

Maybe some of the players realize that if they want to attract the attention of other clubs, they have to put on a show.

RE: Great Win! - stayinupforever - 13-04-2022

(13-04-2022, 04:42 AM)Isaac Hunt Wrote: Maybe some of the players realize that if they want to attract the attention of other clubs, they have to put on a show.

I thought exactly that! It's almost as if somebody had a word.

RE: Great Win! - Pompeyg100 - 13-04-2022

(13-04-2022, 06:52 AM)stayinupforever Wrote:
(13-04-2022, 04:42 AM)Isaac Hunt Wrote: Maybe some of the players realize that if they want to attract the attention of other clubs, they have to put on a show.

Not sure 1 games is enough to do that!

RE: Great Win! - mikey393 - 13-04-2022

(13-04-2022, 06:52 AM)stayinupforever Wrote:

The word I heard is that the Owners are due over any time soon.

So the cowley's needed a performance last night & got it.

Things could improve if they came over more often.

RE: Great Win! - Wightblue - 13-04-2022

Moon or Whitts said last evening that Eric is Fratton bound.

Loads to discuss but especially Season ticket pricing, Playing budget, Academy budget etc etc.

RE: Great Win! - Hammie - 13-04-2022

They have been talking about Roko (as was) in previous interviews. Will be nice to hear that the plans are now in place and that ..... is now being built there and what that means as regards the youth and young player set up going forward. To me the "reserve" team set up is now possibly more urgent than the youth thing, I know that it takes a long time for youth to come through but unless we can develop 19-23 year olds into the first team we are going to keep having to release any decent youngsters that we bring through.

RE: Great Win! - Theyak2 - 14-04-2022

Blowing hot and cold. Well thats Pompey this and indeed the last several seasons.
Rather than just blurt out how well I thought we played the other night, I've tempered that with miller's fans views to boot.
Universally we agree pompey played well. Yet their fans thought we were very average. That's not sour grapes, they acknowledge they were 2nd best on the night.
So where actually are we?
The stadium is having necessary works carried out but when they've finished will we actually be in a better place? Watching the stadium updates it looks really 2nd rate. Sorry but it does. Thats only my opinion of course.
On the field we have several key positions occupied with loans. I've never been a fan of the system and pompey have been rather tragic in it, especially loan returns in January and the ones we have got in as well in January.
Other players ate coming up for contract talks and another close season of upheaval is on the horizon.
Stagnation on and off the park seems to be our way at the moment.
I'm not sure when the owners envisage a run at promotion but certainly we are not a top 6 side by any stretch.
So whilst I concede the result the other night was good, it was against a side bereft of confidence on its way down out of promotion contention. Just days before we were humbled at Cheltenham. I've not forgotten that shit show.
I'll be back again next year but it's beginning to get boring now and I'd like the Eisners to get us moving or find someone who would carry on the work

RE: Great Win! - Pompeyg100 - 14-04-2022

(14-04-2022, 01:04 PM)Theyak2 Wrote: Blowing hot and cold. Well thats Pompey this and indeed the last several seasons.
Rather than just blurt out how well I thought we played the other night, I've tempered that with miller's fans views to boot.
Universally we agree pompey played well. Yet their fans thought we were very average. That's not sour grapes, they acknowledge they were 2nd best on the night.
So where actually are we?
The stadium is having necessary works carried out but when they've finished will we actually be in a better place? Watching the stadium updates it looks really 2nd rate. Sorry but it does. Thats only my opinion of course.
On the field we have several key positions occupied with loans. I've never been a fan of the system and pompey have been rather tragic in it, especially loan returns in January and the ones we have got in as well in January.
Other players ate coming up for contract talks and another close season of upheaval is on the horizon.
Stagnation on and off the park seems to be our way at the moment.
I'm not sure when the owners envisage a run at promotion but certainly we are not a top 6 side by any stretch.
So whilst I concede the result the other night was good, it was against a side bereft of confidence on its way down out of promotion contention. Just days before we were humbled at Cheltenham. I've not forgotten that shit show.
I'll be back again next year but it's beginning to get boring now and I'd like the Eisners to get us moving or find someone who would carry on the work

Yes we will be in a far better place when the work is done because we won’t have to close parts of the ground for a start.

What do you think someone else will do? Saddle us with debt with no guarantee we’d get promoted?

The only thing they need to do is sack the manager.

RE: Great Win! - Hammie - 14-04-2022

and announce the start date for the top of the North Stand (with a hotel)

RE: Great Win! - Isaac Hunt - 14-04-2022

And announce that Westwood is to be seconded to the board

RE: Great Win! - Hammie - 14-04-2022

threaten to send him in the chaging room every time the team can't be bothered