TrueBlueArmy Forums
Westwood - Printable Version

+- TrueBlueArmy Forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com)
+-- Forum: TBA forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Play Up Pompey (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Westwood (/showthread.php?tid=1746)

Pages: 1 2

Westwood - slayer - 13-04-2022

Think he might be a goner after his behaviour last two games away to Crewe and after last night. Lots of complaints have gone in to the club

RE: Westwood - Pompeyg100 - 13-04-2022

(13-04-2022, 12:26 PM)scumslayer Wrote: Think he might be a goner after his behaviour last two games away to Crewe and after last night. Lots of complaints have gone in to the club

Long overdue, he was only in his seat for 30 mins out of the 90.

I don’t believe any other fan would be allowed to be in that state.

He’s a fcking embarrassment  to this club.

RE: Westwood - Cressers - 13-04-2022

But what's new?

RE: Westwood - Isaac Hunt - 13-04-2022

What he do ?

RE: Westwood - BilltheCat - 13-04-2022

He rocked up after 25 minutes in to the game at Cheltenham.

A lovely bloke when sober but such events are far and few between!

RE: Westwood - Pedalo_menders - 13-04-2022

I doubt he's murdered anyone? Without knowing what the crime is, it's hard to comment but usually these sorts of things are sorted with a quiet word in the ear.

RE: Westwood - Isaac Hunt - 13-04-2022

He is Mr Pompey ffs  Angry

RE: Westwood - Hammie - 13-04-2022

watching the video of the pre match contract presentation, I could not make sense of what the speaker was saying. But I could hear Westwood's bell loud and clear form somewhere. Incidentally it was a mid week game, many did not make the game at all, so his turning up late is nothing to do with anyone but himself.

RE: Westwood - Gerry Hatrick - 13-04-2022

Unless you've got some specific incident to relate instead of innuendo "Oh, he turned up late!", leave alone! The fella is a legend in terms of Pompey support. Yes, I was there whe he turned up for the last 20 minutes of the Exeter match but so what. At least he was THERE! And there are no supporters more passionate abolut their club than JPFCW.

He was obviously slaughtered, having a go at a woman and then for the 2nd game chanting about woman shouldn’t be at football. He then swears at anyone who dares to speak to him about it.

He’s no legend, he’s an embarrassment to the club.

I do agree that some of the chants he starts are now clearly unacceptable. Personally I get really fed up when they start up the anti stains chants usually just when the team needs some proper support.
I seem to recall the last time I could get along live there was some really unacceptable racist or sexist song which very few joined in with. As the club is obviously trying to get more children and families along he could indeed hear a word in his ear from someone in authority, can't see the current chief exec putting up with it for very long.

RE: Westwood - exgaffer - 13-04-2022

(13-04-2022, 04:25 PM)Gerry Hatrick Wrote: Unless you've got some specific incident to relate instead of innuendo "Oh, he turned up late!", leave alone! The fella is a legend in terms of Pompey support. Yes, I was there whe he turned up for the last 20 minutes of the Exeter match but so what. At least he was THERE! And there are no supporters more passionate abolut their club than JPFCW.

He always turns up late because he’s in the pub with the strange crew of cronies he travels with.

I’ve never understood why anyone would travel hundreds of miles and then not get to the match on time.

As BTC rightly says, he is a really nice, intelligent bloke when sober.

I don’t propose complete sobriety, heaven forbid, you need a few sherbets to make watching Pompey bearable sometimes. You don’t need to get absolutely paralytic every time, resulting in missing large chunks of matches though.

Having said that, each to his own. What people do with their time is entirely a matter for them.

(13-04-2022, 06:43 PM)exgaffer Wrote:
(13-04-2022, 04:25 PM)Gerry Hatrick Wrote: Unless you've got some specific incident to relate instead of innuendo "Oh, he turned up late!", leave alone! The fella is a legend in terms of Pompey support. Yes, I was there whe he turned up for the last 20 minutes of the Exeter match but so what. At least he was THERE! And there are no supporters more passionate abolut their club than JPFCW.

He always turns up late because he’s in the pub with the strange crew of cronies he travels with.

I’ve never understood why anyone would travel hundreds of miles and then not get to the match on time.

As BTC rightly says, he is a really nice, intelligent bloke when sober.

I don’t propose complete sobriety, heaven forbid, you need a few sherbets to make watching Pompey bearable sometimes. You don’t need to get absolutely paralytic every time, resulting in missing large chunks of matches though.

Having said that, each to his own. What people do with their time is entirely a matter for them.

What he does is up to him providing he isn’t turning up to a venue with thousands of other people including women and children and being abusive, then it’s not each to their own.

RE: Westwood - BilltheCat - 13-04-2022

Oddly enough, when he does turn up he's invariably on his own.

(13-04-2022, 07:26 PM)BilltheCat Wrote: Oddly enough, when he does turn up he's invariably on his own.

getting old, has to visit the bog more often than the rest of his crew?

RE: Westwood - Lawrence - 13-04-2022

A legend? And nobody is more passionate  about pompey than him? Really?

I always remember when we played West ham at Upton Park in our last season in the Premier league. I needed the lavender half way through the game . On my way, I passesd pompey most passionate supporter watching the game on TV with a pint in his hand. That's the game being played live a few yards away. Amazing.

Don't want to encourage this thread coz hes a pompey fan, but I respectfully disagree the guy has legendary status for most of us. 

I do admire his liver though!

(13-04-2022, 08:08 PM)Lawrence Wrote:

A legend? And nobody is more passionate  about pompey than him? Really?

I always remember when we played West ham at Upton Park in our last season in the Premier league. I needed the lavender half way through the game . On my way, I passesd pompey most passionate supporter watching the game on TV with a pint in his hand. That's the game being played live a few yards away. Amazing.

Don't want to encourage this thread coz hes a pompey fan, but I respectfully disagree the guy has legendary status for most of us. 

I do admire his liver though!

He watches less than half the game and I doubt he can remember much about that. Certainly no legend.

RE: Westwood - Ain’t got a Danny - 13-04-2022

Binge drinker with self esteem issues.

RE: Westwood - Rescue Dog - 13-04-2022

He's pretty harmless, likes a drink (or 5) and is passionate about Pompey; when sober (away from match days) he's very friendly and articulate.

A genuine eccentric in an eccentric club; wouldn't have it any other way Big Grin 

A couple of times over the years, when following Pompey away, home fans have asked if I knew where Westwood was; they were genuinely intrigued.

Whatever anyone's personal opinions on Westwood he is a bit of a minor celebrity in English football (same with Docker, 'back in the day')

RE: Westwood - Isaac Hunt - 14-04-2022

When they get round to building the corporate boxes, they should give him one to go with his lifetime ticket.
He can do what he wants then behind glass

RE: Westwood - Cunninglinguist - 14-04-2022

A simple refusal of entry, on the basis of being pissed, would address the issue. No need to do anything else.

RE: Westwood - scouse - 14-04-2022

Once upon a time, I helped run a summer playscheme for disabled kids. One day, Westwood was our guest celebrity. He came in full regalia, chatted with the little 'uns, posed for photos, generally joined in. He was really nice. Not to excuse any current misogynistic or other activities, but he can be a quite different person.

RE: Westwood - briefcase_wanchor - 14-04-2022

Definitely a Jekyll and Hyde character, no doubt due to the loopy juice.

RE: Westwood - Isaac Hunt - 14-04-2022

(14-04-2022, 06:08 AM)Santa release Claus Wrote: If a grown man can't dress in a clown suit, don a blue wig, drink himself senseless, piss his pants, rock up half an hour into a match, slur homophobic and misogynistic abuse at strangers, surround himself with kids with learning difficulties and relentlessly and dementedly ring a bell for an hour of a Saturday afternoon, then by God, England has fallen.

Never seen him in a clown suit ! Big shoes yes

RE: Westwood - Pompeyg100 - 14-04-2022

(14-04-2022, 07:54 AM)scouse Wrote: Once upon a time, I helped run a summer playscheme for disabled kids. One day, Westwood was our guest celebrity. He came in full regalia, chatted with the little 'uns, posed for photos, generally joined in. He was really nice. Not to excuse any current misogynistic or other activities, but he can be a quite different person.

Sounds like he can be an asset if he sorts himself out and stops abusing people.