TrueBlueArmy Forums
Bass and Marquis - Printable Version

+- TrueBlueArmy Forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com)
+-- Forum: TBA forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Play Up Pompey (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Bass and Marquis (/showthread.php?tid=1752)

Bass and Marquis - Isaac Hunt - 14-04-2022

Bass seems to be doing ok at Bradford. 
Will be strange next season with Bass I suppose No 1 and a young up and coming international as No 2
Orrrr do we get Baz back ?

I see that Marquis was sub last game.

RE: Bass and Marquis - BlueArmy - 14-04-2022

I wish Marquis well. He was a trier and I will applaud him tomorrow if he plays.

Bass is doing OK but he is not good enough for a club of Pompeys size. Bass is a league 2 keeper. Not sure he is league one standard.

We should try and get Baz back for another season. Or a keeper of similar standard.

RE: Bass and Marquis - Pompeyg100 - 14-04-2022

(14-04-2022, 05:32 PM)Isaac Hunt Wrote: Bass seems to be doing ok at Bradford. 
Will be strange next season with Bass I suppose No 1 and a young up and coming international as No 2
Orrrr do we get Baz back ?

I see that Marquis was sub last game.

Bass will be sold, not a DC signing.

RE: Bass and Marquis - PompeyDB - 14-04-2022

Surely Man City and Baz himself will be expecting Baz to be playing at a higher level next season.

He'll collect every player of the year award going, but we won't be seeing him in a Pompey shirt again.

RE: Bass and Marquis - Isaac Hunt - 14-04-2022

(14-04-2022, 05:39 PM)PompeyDB Wrote: Surely Man City and Baz himself will be expecting Baz to be playing at a higher level next season.

He'll collect every player of the year award going, but we won't be seeing him in a Pompey shirt again.
So what,  you reckon a new signing as No 1 or promote Webber ? if it is promoting Webber then he should be playing now.

(14-04-2022, 05:45 PM)Isaac Hunt Wrote:
(14-04-2022, 05:39 PM)PompeyDB Wrote: Surely Man City and Baz himself will be expecting Baz to be playing at a higher level next season.

So what,  you reckon a new signing as No 1 or promote Webber ?  if it is promoting Webber then he should be playing now.

Someone who played for him at Dover will come in to be no 1

RE: Bass and Marquis - dsmg - 14-04-2022

Raggers my player of the season. Baz is very good but he does tend to make the odd clanger and odd decision.

(14-04-2022, 05:36 PM)BlueArmy Wrote: I wish Marquis well. He was a trier and I will applaud him tomorrow if he plays.

Bass is doing OK but he is not good enough for a club of Pompeys size. Bass is a league 2 keeper. Not sure he is league one standard.

We should try and get Baz back for another season. Or a keeper of similar standard.

There is zero chance of Baz coming back.

Bass is more than good enough for L1

RE: Bass and Marquis - Hammie - 14-04-2022

Not sure how we can judge Bass hardly seen him. On the few times I did see him he looked very good.

RE: Bass and Marquis - Isaac Hunt - 14-04-2022

(14-04-2022, 07:01 PM)Hammie Wrote: Not sure how we can judge Bass hardly seen him. On the few times I did see him he looked very good.

I only judge him on the match reports of Bradford, where,  apart from one ill judged charge (resulting in a penalty) he seems to have done ok

RE: Bass and Marquis - BlueArmy - 14-04-2022

I don't think Bass is good enough for us.

Going to be hard to get a keeper of Bazs quality if he leaves but we have to do better than Bass.

RE: Bass and Marquis - Hammie - 14-04-2022

for me, either Bass or an experienced old head who can command his area, like Forde did, he made the crucial difference in the div 2 team to me. Not sure any young keeper is likely to be much better than Bass offers us. Either way we have to add two keepers if we keep him. Is the other youngster contracted or just short term?

So on one thread we moan about the youth set up, letting the youngsters leave and the Eisners not doing enough with the academy and then on another we write off a young English homegrown player who has played at every level for the club.

RE: Bass and Marquis - Pedalo_menders - 14-04-2022

Bass should be starting for us next season. No doubt whatsoever he's good enough.

RE: Bass and Marquis - Hammie - 15-04-2022

and the only way to find out is to play him. We will no doubt be bringing in a third keeper from somewhere, but don't bring in a loan that then plays and stops the development of our own.

RE: Bass and Marquis - Northstander - 15-04-2022

From an article A Young Man with the World at his feet...A number of Premier League clubs are said to be interested in Bazunu, which could be largely to do with his excellent performances for Ireland in competitive games.
Even more excitingly, Bazunu is also being looked at by clubs in the Serie A and the German Bundesliga, which could provide some great experience for the Firhouse man.
In League One this season, Bazunu has kept a stunning 16 clean sheets and made more passes (811) than any other goalkeeper in the division.

As for Marquis he hasn't scored since March 5th and has been on the bench for 2 of Lincoln's last 3 games. You can bet he'll start today, can we keep him scoreless ?

RE: Bass and Marquis - mikey393 - 15-04-2022

(15-04-2022, 09:03 AM)Northstander Wrote: From an article A Young Man with the World at his feet...A number of Premier League clubs are said to be interested in Bazunu, which could be largely to do with his excellent performances for Ireland in competitive games.
Even more excitingly, Bazunu is also being looked at by clubs in the Serie A and the German Bundesliga, which could provide some great experience for the Firhouse man.
In League One this season, Bazunu has kept a stunning 16 clean sheets and made more passes (811) than any other goalkeeper in the division.

As for Marquis he hasn't scored since March 5th and has been on the bench for 2 of Lincoln's last 3 games. You can bet he'll start today, can we keep him scoreless ?

Answer Yes, he didn't score & House his sub scored within a minute of coming on!

RE: Bass and Marquis - Northstander - 15-04-2022

After a forgettable 1st half it was a crazy 2nd half for sure. I didn't think Marquis was any threat to us, no surprise that he was subbed. Tks Mikey I didn't realise it was his sub who scored. I'm sure many of the Lincoln support will be saying how did we manage to lose that, They lost because their Keeper made his boob and Curtis was on hand to put the chance away

RE: Bass and Marquis - Hammie - 15-04-2022

(15-04-2022, 05:08 PM)Northstander Wrote: After a forgettable 1st half it was a crazy 2nd half for sure. I didn't think Marquis was any threat to us, no surprise that he was subbed. Tks Mikey I didn't realise it was his sub who scored. I'm sure many of the Lincoln support will be saying how did we manage to lose that, They lost because their Keeper made his boob and Curtis was on hand to put the chance away

classic shot by Raggett too, bouncing just in front of the keeper. That was always what you were supposed to do, especially on the old fashioned mud heaps!

RE: Bass and Marquis - Isaac Hunt - 18-04-2022

Marquis on bench again. Busted flush now I reckon...real shame as good bloke