TrueBlueArmy Forums
Morecambe - Printable Version

+- TrueBlueArmy Forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com)
+-- Forum: TBA forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Play Up Pompey (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Morecambe (/showthread.php?tid=1760)

Pages: 1 2

RE: Morecambe - ForeverPompey - 18-04-2022

Not gonna miss Baz next season )))))

RE: Morecambe - Northstander - 18-04-2022

I was there the night their keeper equalised. It was a corner same end, from the same side as today

RE: Morecambe - Hammie - 18-04-2022

"And will our esteemed manager find a reason to moan before and another, after the game?"

He will now. We will have been too tired to play to the final whistle.

RE: Morecambe - Pangus - 18-04-2022

To be honest a draw was a fair result. We were under almost continuous pressure throughout the second half and never looked capable of maintaining a grip on the game. The equaliser was well deserved given the effort Morecambe put in. Attacking wise we offered very little and it would have been a robbery if we had come away with a win. Cowley is upset with the referee over the goal but Bazunu simply came for the ball, collided with one of their players and dropped it. There didn't appear to be any sort of foul.

RE: Morecambe - Pedalo_menders - 18-04-2022

I blame Curtis just as much as Bazunu for that goal. Why is Curtis taking pop-shots (ignoring the fact that he NEVER scores them) when he should be finding a white shirt or going for the corner. WTF is he doing gifting possession back to them like that?

Morecambe deserved to win that game though so can't begrudge them their last min goal.

Monumental improvement needed to have a promotion team next year.

Goalkeepers expect an exclusion zone around them now. To me coming for crosses is the part of his game that most needs work. He is a brilliant shot stopper. But compared to say Forde, the command of his are is a work in progress still, as you would expect at his age.

RE: Morecambe - Jizbag - 18-04-2022

Were we under instructions to sit back in the 2nd half? Romeo adds absolutely nothing to the team either.

(18-04-2022, 04:10 PM)Jizbag Wrote: Were we under instructions to sit back in the 2nd half? Romeo adds absolutely nothing to the team either.

Romeo seems to have started brilliantly and gradually become less and less influential as the season has progressed. The opposite to Hirst  guess.
Which might mean he would be available to buy, but would we want him now?

RE: Morecambe - Pompeyg100 - 18-04-2022

What have we got for DC excuses bingo today?

(18-04-2022, 04:22 PM)Pompeyg100 Wrote: What have we got for DC excuses bingo today?

I was thinking it was just me who was getting fed up with his constant whinging. He clearly believes he should be managing in the Prem with the variety of reasons he finds to blame poor performances.

RE: Morecambe - Kingo - 18-04-2022

We're not going to miss him next season!

RE: Morecambe - Isaac Hunt - 18-04-2022

Pep Cowley

All the refs fault today and apparently all season.

I've not been able o hear his comments yet. I am amazed that he has not criticised the fixture list, playing more than once a week, the size of the squad, the alignment of the planets, Westwood's bell and the general unfairness of having to work during the school holidays.

RE: Morecambe - mikey393 - 18-04-2022

Pathetic excuses, always someone elses fault never his of course.

Once the ground improvements are finished & capacity is increased Eisner needs to give the manager the funds to be competitive. Looking at the club by club player spend this season we are in 7th place so that's around where we should finish.

I can't believe we lost out on approx 10 targets to our competitors. Even Wycombe beat us to Lewis Wing! Mediocre sums us up in a word!

(18-04-2022, 06:37 PM)mikey393 Wrote: Pathetic excuses, always someone elses fault never his of course.

Once the ground improvements are finished & capacity is increased Eisner needs to give the manager the funds to be competitive. Looking at the club by club player spend this season we are in 7th place so that's around where we should finish.

I can't believe we lost out on approx 10 targets to our competitors. Even Wycombe beat us to Lewis Wing! Mediocre sums us up in a word!

You can look at whatever figures you want but no one knows what’s spent or what players are on, it’s all guess work.

RE: Morecambe - briefcase_wanchor - 18-04-2022

Our away form this season has just not been good enough for a team challenging for promotion. Today was just another example. It’s what has set us apart from the top 6 or 7. If the result really mattered to us I’d probably really have the hump after watching a pretty abject performance, but as it is it’s just further proof that we have not been good enough this season.

Toothless up front and we can’t even blame Walker this time. When Curtis fluffed his shot you just knew we’d get punished. Does he not know how to play out games!?

RE: Morecambe - Wightblue - 18-04-2022

Agreed but the figures that aren’t guesswork are Points and League position.

5 years of serially underperforming and no real end in sight.

Still, one thing about today, it removed even the mathematical chance that we could still make the Playoffs…….now everyone from Eisner down can concentrate their minds and efforts on next season.

I can hear the cogs whirring from here !

RE: Morecambe - Cowespompey - 18-04-2022

(18-04-2022, 04:21 PM)Hammie Wrote:
(18-04-2022, 04:10 PM)Jizbag Wrote: Were we under instructions to sit back in the 2nd half? Romeo adds absolutely nothing to the team either.

Romeo seems to have started brilliantly and gradually become less and less influential as the season has progressed. The opposite to Hirst  guess.
Which might mean he would be available to buy, but would we want him now?

No

RE: Morecambe - firqdays - 19-04-2022

Concerning much of the comment above -

Baz .... great match overall but does remain suspect at near post - refer my post a few weeks ago

When Curtis had possession in our break-away in stoppage time I was screaming get to the corner, use up time - pen them in , begs the question of players lack of disciplined tactics .... and/or, - failing to adhere to them ....

And Romeo - very much agree on that one he started so well but gone very much south lately in his performances ...

Saturday's attendance and atmosphere may indicate a consensus on what needs to happen before the go into next years League ONE including Derby County with new owners!
( Just one auto slot up for grabs ? )

RE: Morecambe - ForeverPompey - 19-04-2022

Agreed from me also about Romeo. Promising start and ended up as just another squad member. We don't miss him when he's on the bench.

RE: Morecambe - Pedalo_menders - 19-04-2022

(19-04-2022, 08:37 AM)firqdays Wrote: Concerning much of the comment above -

Baz ....  great match overall but does remain suspect at near post - refer my post a few weeks ago

When Curtis had possession in our break-away in stoppage time I was screaming get to the corner,  use up time - pen them in , begs the question of players lack of disciplined tactics .... and/or,  -  failing to adhere to them ....

And Romeo - very much agree on that one he started so well but gone very much south lately in his performances ...

Saturday's attendance and atmosphere may indicate a consensus on what needs to happen before the go into next years League ONE including Derby County with new owners!
( Just one auto slot up for grabs ? )

I think Derby will find it hard to adjust to life in L1, much the same as us, Sunderland & Ipswich have struggled to assert dominance on the league. Barnsley are far more consistent so would expect them to be fighting for the top 2.

Peterborough look to be coming back down too, barring a miracle. Thats good news for us as I don't think they are as strong a team as when they went up.

It'll be the usual suspects battling it out for a playoff spot next year and to be honest, I think that's all we can aim for at best. We weren't even in the race this year so to ask for an extra 7-10 points is already pushing towards impossible, given how much work needs to be done to the squad over the summer. We need a miracle.

RE: Morecambe - firqdays - 19-04-2022

There is a certain centre forward who I would love to be signed - NO 1 PRIORITY !!

RE: Morecambe - Hammie - 19-04-2022

(19-04-2022, 03:25 PM)firqdays Wrote: There is a certain centre forward who I would love to be signed - NO 1 PRIORIT
Any permanent signing of a striker would be nice

RE: Morecambe - mikey393 - 19-04-2022

Unlucky not to have got a free kick for obstruction. Bas was impeded I thought.