TrueBlueArmy Forums
Eisner and Redman interview - Printable Version

+- TrueBlueArmy Forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com)
+-- Forum: TBA forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Play Up Pompey (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Eisner and Redman interview (/showthread.php?tid=1782)

Pages: 1 2

RE: Eisner and Redman interview - Tufnell_Chimes - 26-04-2022

"But hey you enjoy those wood-effect bar kiosks in the North Stand"

These are particularly naff. Real lipstick on a pig, as marketing wonks like to say.

RE: Eisner and Redman interview - Pedalo_menders - 26-04-2022

I found the interview rather depressing. Where is the ambition? Where is the plan for the academy? They say there isn't enough space at Roko but a few months ago they were talking about adding a housing development onto the site! Which is it ffs???!

The more I hear from redman the less I like him. Spare me the "we wish we could have been here sooner" bollocks. You messed up the Topps deal so you had to put out that fire before being able to focus on Pompey. You don't have the sufficient corporate structure & expertise in place to manage both business successfully.

The ambition is missing. The alarm bells are ringing.

RE: Eisner and Redman interview - teeftwo - 26-04-2022

(26-04-2022, 10:02 AM)Lawrence Wrote: Nobody is saying that we want a mega stadium and billions spent on players. That's a red herring argument. 

In my opinion, every penny that has been spent on this club by the Eisners so far has been to a) protect their assets and b) maintain us at the level at which we they bought the club. Comparatively negligible amounts have been spent at preparing for our future or any intention to head for the next level in the future. They have displayed zero ambition as displayed by being quite happy for our team to fail so disgracefully last season and be so underwhelming this year. Our academy is still a joke. As for the future, we still allow players to work out their notices and close season will continue to be scraping the bins for talent. Do you think last season's desperate free agent trial festival represent the actions of an ambitious, progressive club?

Anything that requires any major commitment, the Eisners try to get other organisations like Network Rail or PCC to blame for their lack of action. Im still out about Cowley but I'm tired of our owners and fed up being outperformed year in year out. Just like what we demand of our players, all we want is some forward-looking sign that is club is going places, and we haven't really had that for so long.

But hey you enjoy those wood-effect bar kiosks in the North Stand, whilst we probably wave Forest Green (or another L2 club) through on their way to the Championship.

Business owner spends money on key asset to keep it in a condition fit for use shocker.

Let's just conveniently forget all the necessary works just to stay open with a decent capacity, the Roko purchase, the funding to get us through the pandemic, the correction of decades of underinvestment.

The owner you want, that will spend millions upon millions and require nothing in return does not exist. There are for sure others out there who would spend millions, but not of their money. And then one day the debt needs repaying and there's nothing to pay it with.

Things will change, just not at the speed you want.

RE: Eisner and Redman interview - Harrysgirl - 26-04-2022

(26-04-2022, 10:02 AM)Lawrence Wrote:
(26-04-2022, 09:07 AM)Pompeyg100 Wrote:
(26-04-2022, 07:53 AM)exgaffer Wrote: Let’s face it, there is nothing these blokes could say that would satisfy the discontents.

Nothing short of ‘we are going to spend millions increasing the capacity of FP to 50,000 and building a new bridge to Fratton station and out spend all the other clubs in the division on players’ would appease them. Even then they’d moan that the bogs weren’t fragrant enough.

They are doing what they said they would do.

I’d like a different manager but we won’t get one, so I’ll just get over it.

The summer is coming, be happy  Smile .

If they said they were going to do all that those people would moan about that too!

Nobody is saying that we want a mega stadium and billions spent on players. That's a red herring argument. 

In my opinion, every penny that has been spent on this club by the Eisners so far has been to a) protect their assets and b) maintain us at the level at which we they bought the club. Comparatively negligible amounts have been spent at preparing for our future or any intention to head for the next level in the future. They have displayed zero ambition as displayed by being quite happy for our team to fail so disgracefully last season and be so underwhelming this year. Our academy is still a joke. As for the future, we still allow players to work out their notices and close season will continue to be scraping the bins for talent. Do you think last season's desperate free agent trial festival represent the actions of an ambitious, progressive club?

Anything that requires any major commitment, the Eisners try to get other organisations like Network Rail or PCC to blame for their lack of action. Im still out about Cowley but I'm tired of our owners and fed up being outperformed year in year out. Just like what we demand of our players, all we want is some forward-looking sign that is club is going places, and we haven't really had that for so long.

But hey you enjoy those wood-effect bar kiosks in the North Stand, whilst we probably wave Forest Green (or another L2 club) through on their way to the Championship.

RE: Eisner and Redman interview - Harrysgirl - 26-04-2022

(26-04-2022, 05:17 PM)Harrysgirl Wrote:
(26-04-2022, 10:02 AM)Lawrence Wrote:
(26-04-2022, 09:07 AM)Pompeyg100 Wrote:
(26-04-2022, 07:53 AM)exgaffer Wrote: Let’s face it, there is nothing these blokes could say that would satisfy the discontents.

Nothing short of ‘we are going to spend millions increasing the capacity of FP to 50,000 and building a new bridge to Fratton station and out spend all the other clubs in the division on players’ would appease them. Even then they’d moan that the bogs weren’t fragrant enough.

They are doing what they said they would do.

I’d like a different manager but we won’t get one, so I’ll just get over it.

The summer is coming, be happy  Smile .

If they said they were going to do all that those people would moan about that too!

Nobody is saying that we want a mega stadium and billions spent on players. That's a red herring argument. 

Lawrence - totally agree I have missed a handful of games in 50 odd years … like you have seen it all … I think Eisner messed up with the Topps deal last year lost the franchise for allegedly not spending enough which wiped out share price and he lost millions ..like others have said I am not asking for millions to be spent on Pompey .. 

I sit here in the stand tonight going underwhelmed … the lowest placed club on the south coast  looking at other clubs that pass us by . I know we have no divine right…. I just want some hope that we are going in the right direction … and if we have the festival of trialist again at the start of the season and have no permanent forward on our books  …it will be embarrassing.  Give me some hope and ambition …. I seem a bit short on that as I wave 
All the best to Jack and Tom Naylor tonight…