TrueBlueArmy Forums
Sheffield Wednesday away - Printable Version

+- TrueBlueArmy Forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com)
+-- Forum: TBA forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Play Up Pompey (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Sheffield Wednesday away (/showthread.php?tid=1786)

Pages: 1 2

RE: Sheffield Wednesday away - ForeverPompey - 30-04-2022

(30-04-2022, 09:02 AM)Hammie Wrote: having seen Pompey in Weds' position. I'd expect pompey to start well and score, then gradually fade as the beach beckons, while Weds get motivated and win in the end.

First part has come true!

RE: Sheffield Wednesday away - dsmg - 30-04-2022

And the second!

and the next bit...

impressive forecasting. At least I know I don't actually need to follow games next season. Hammie can tell me in advance...

RE: Sheffield Wednesday away - Cunninglinguist - 30-04-2022

Morrell having a very ordinary game.

Has been a lot of plaudits for Morrell and Thompson this season but i'm not totally convinced yet. Away from home they don't seem to be able to get a grip on midfield. Is that fair or harsh?

RE: Sheffield Wednesday away - Cunninglinguist - 30-04-2022

Certainly on today’s performance

RE: Sheffield Wednesday away - Hammie - 30-04-2022

I hope you all followed my forecasting. I'l get my tealeaves out for next season!

RE: Sheffield Wednesday away - briefcase_wanchor - 30-04-2022

(30-04-2022, 12:19 PM)ForeverPompey Wrote: Has been a lot of plaudits for Morrell and Thompson this season but i'm not totally convinced yet. Away from home they don't seem to be able to get a grip on midfield. Is that fair or harsh?

Bang on. Our away form has been tragic, often being overrun in midfield (to add to the pathetic sharks up front). 

Today I thought the defence were all at sea - Raggett repaying player of the season award with a display straight out of his early days.

RE: Sheffield Wednesday away - Hammie - 30-04-2022

I'd not judge too much on an end of season dead game against a highly motivated team on their best run of form of the season. Holidays them up.

RE: Sheffield Wednesday away - Pompey_in_Derby - 01-05-2022

Enjoyed the match at Wednesday....... always like visiting either of the Sheffield clubs and the city is lively as well.

However, left the game yesterday fuming at the incompetent officials....... the 'corner' that led to the game-changing second Wednesday goal was an obvious goal kick.

Seeing the highlights, there was an offside in the build up to it as well then Wednesday's 4th was also very dodgy (clear offside), so despite lots of pressure and chances for the home side, we were a bit unlucky hitting the woodwork twice........ so, all in all, I felt we woz robbed!

Nonetheless, I do like Sheff Wed as a club and a fanbase and really hope they stuff those gobby Mackems in the play-offs!

RE: Sheffield Wednesday away - Pompeyg100 - 01-05-2022

(01-05-2022, 08:13 PM)Pompey_in_Derby Wrote: Enjoyed the match at Wednesday....... always like visiting either of the Sheffield clubs and the city is lively as well.

However, left the game yesterday fuming at the incompetent officials....... the 'corner' that led to the game-changing second Wednesday goal was an obvious goal kick.

Seeing the highlights, there was an offside in the build up to it as well then Wednesday's 4th was also very dodgy (clear offside), so despite lots of pressure and chances for the home side, we were a bit unlucky hitting the woodwork twice........ so, all in all, I felt we woz robbed!

Nonetheless, I do like Sheff Wed as a club and a fanbase and really hope they stuff those gobby Mackems in the play-offs!

Good evening Mr Cowley!