TrueBlueArmy Forums
Ground Ratings By Club - Printable Version

+- TrueBlueArmy Forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com)
+-- Forum: TBA forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Play Up Pompey (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Ground Ratings By Club (/showthread.php?tid=1792)

Ground Ratings By Club - mikey393 - 28-04-2022

Just seen this posted & Not sure what the criteria was but makes interesting reading.

Quite surprised at our rating as the ground is still being redeveloped.

Fan ranks every club in the football league based only on their stadiums (msn.com)

RE: Ground Ratings By Club - Pedalo_menders - 28-04-2022

Looks like a load of bollocks. When you have Brentford, Brighton & MK Dons stadia all classified as tinpot when they are literally state of the art, shows the whole thing is nonsense.

RE: Ground Ratings By Club - Pompeyg100 - 28-04-2022

1 fan on twitter did it, I wouldn’t worry too much about it

RE: Ground Ratings By Club - mikey393 - 28-04-2022

At least we are classed as solid! All the tinpot ones appear to be new stadia as well.

RE: Ground Ratings By Club - exterminator - 28-04-2022

WALOB -How did Luton & Carlisle get in the "elite" group- something wrong there...

RE: Ground Ratings By Club - Pedalo_menders - 28-04-2022

(28-04-2022, 03:29 PM)exterminator Wrote: WALOB -How did Luton & Carlisle get in the "elite" group- something wrong there...

It was Carlin who used to be in love with Carlisle, wasn't it. Probably his poll lol

RE: Ground Ratings By Club - BlueArmy - 28-04-2022

(28-04-2022, 02:40 PM)Pedalo_menders Wrote: Looks like a load of bollocks. When you have Brentford, Brighton & MK Dons stadia all classified as tinpot when they are literally state of the art, shows the whole thing is nonsense.

I've been to all those. Mk dons is far the best.

Brentfords is tiny. Vile colour seating too. When they come out the prem they won't fill it. Same as Brighton.

Brighton is OK but wouldn't say state of the art. Terrible atmosphere. Concourses and toilets etc aren't what I'd call state of the art. Leg room and seating OK. Many better grounds than Brightons. Sheff Utds for example is traditional and better.

RE: Ground Ratings By Club - Tomsk - 28-04-2022

(28-04-2022, 04:27 PM)Pedalo_menders Wrote:
(28-04-2022, 03:29 PM)exterminator Wrote: WALOB -How did Luton & Carlisle get in the "elite" group- something wrong there...

It was Carlin who used to be in love with Carlisle, wasn't it. Probably his poll lol

Didn't he go via Ipswich?

RE: Ground Ratings By Club - Hammie - 28-04-2022

having stewarded on the away coached in Harry's promotion team and the first prem season.
The new grounds were most impressive until you had been to the third or fourth identikit set up just with different colour facias.
Since then
I found MK a real eye opener, liked Shrews little ground very much, especially their home end with safe standing behind seated fans.
Old Trafford is outstanding.
The new builds universally nice but dim.

RE: Ground Ratings By Club - slayer - 27-05-2022

The away fan experience at FP is fucking bollocks. No beer (yes really), seldom enough hot water, not enough bogs, nowhere for disabled supporters to sit.

RE: Ground Ratings By Club - Hammie - 27-05-2022

Is beer the most important thing about an away game? As I am invariably the driver it comes well down my list.

RE: Ground Ratings By Club - slayer - 28-05-2022

It's the most important thing for me. Have you seen how shit we are? The craic is the whole point and I'll be fucked in the arse by John Westwood before I do it sober