TrueBlueArmy Forums
Wembley game on March 13th - Printable Version

+- TrueBlueArmy Forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com)
+-- Forum: TBA forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Play Up Pompey (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Wembley game on March 13th (/showthread.php?tid=180)

Wembley game on March 13th - DeepBlue - 04-02-2021

Our final against Salford has been rescheduled for march 13th. 

What a waste of time. Surely they must have realised that having to break the cup-tied rules and playing players who werent even at the clubs last year makes it a pointless exercise.

RE: Wembley game on March 13th - Pedalo_menders - 04-02-2021

Why the fook put it right in the middle of a busy period?! Play the kids ffs

RE: Wembley game on March 13th - ForeverPompey - 04-02-2021

(04-02-2021, 04:42 PM)Pedalo_menders Wrote: Why the fook put it right in the middle of a busy period?! Play the kids ffs

This is a dumb idea I would have thought on the back of 8 games in just over 3 weeks in Feb and plenty more to fit in. Already been said that these aren't the players that took either team to the final. If you were KJ would you play a full team? Tough call as players will want to play at Wembley and we wouldn't want a bunch of kids getting hammered there; but there are certainly bigger fish to fry.

RE: Wembley game on March 13th - DeepBlue - 04-02-2021

(04-02-2021, 04:57 PM)ForeverPompey Wrote:
(04-02-2021, 04:42 PM)Pedalo_menders Wrote: Why the fook put it right in the middle of a busy period?! Play the kids ffs

This is a dumb idea I would have thought on the back of 8 games in just over 3 weeks in Feb and plenty more to fit in. Already been said that these aren't the players that took either team to the final. If you were KJ would you play a full team? Tough call as players will want to play at Wembley and we wouldn't want a bunch of kids getting hammered there; but there are certainly bigger fish to fry.

What an experience for the kids of he chose to do that though. 

He won't though, for fear of the pasting he would get from the fans. A trophy is a trophy however meaningless.

RE: Wembley game on March 13th - Wightblue - 04-02-2021

Sandwiched between being at Home to Sunderland on 9th and Home to Ipswich on the 20th March, so at least no Tuesday 12th fixture (not listed at the moment anyway).

I think Jackett will be forced to put out a very strong side, he’ll have to hope we don’t get any serious knocks and be able to play a full strength side a week later against Ipswich.

The Eisners will doubtless have a big input as to where Pompey’s priorities lie, I think they will likely opt for The Papa John’s and an Automatic ( “We’ve let you strengthen so go out and win both - it’s your best way to get us to renew your contract”)

We have an 11 game run in to the end of the season with a lot of very winnable games if we are at anything like we were at Charlton, I think our owners will likely want their cake and to eat it to.

RE: Wembley game on March 13th - Hammie - 04-02-2021

at least we have a much stronger squad than for previous run ins, much improved by Bolton stepping up to the plate too. Suddenly we seem to have real competition for almost all positions.

RE: Wembley game on March 13th - dsmg - 04-02-2021

Will we be allowed in???

RE: Wembley game on March 13th - Pedalo_menders - 04-02-2021

Let's hope we have a 10 point lead at the top by the time this game rolls round  Tongue

RE: Wembley game on March 13th - ForeverPompey - 04-02-2021

(04-02-2021, 06:12 PM)Pedalo_menders Wrote: Let's hope we have a 10 point lead at the top by the time this game rolls round  Tongue

Haha yes... should be possible! Which league game has been postponed for that day?

RE: Wembley game on March 13th - Wightblue - 04-02-2021

There’s nothing scheduled for Saturday 13th March, left vacant deliberately I guess .

RE: Wembley game on March 13th - TBP - 04-02-2021

(04-02-2021, 08:19 PM)Wightblue Wrote: There’s nothing scheduled for Saturday 13th March, left vacant deliberately I guess .

Peterborough away was scheduled. A new date is awaited.