TrueBlueArmy Forums
Player Recruitment - Printable Version

+- TrueBlueArmy Forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com)
+-- Forum: TBA forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Play Up Pompey (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Player Recruitment (/showthread.php?tid=1800)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: Player Recruitment - Gerry Hatrick - 15-05-2022

Much as we are hankering for news of actual signings, don't expect to hear anything until June. Most players' contracts extend until June and the transfer window doesn't open until June 10th so no-one - signings or free agents - are in any rush right now.

DC has said he wants to start his pre-season with most of the 2022-23 squad in place. Pompey are due back on July 20th so that gives a window of about a month when you can expect things to happen. Four players needed I would guess, maybe five.

For now, go on holiday, take a break. Ignore websites with 'rumours of' stories, closely followed by 'blow to hopes of signing...' stories. 

Take a chill pill. Have a beer. Enjoy the sun.

RE: Player Recruitment - exgaffer - 15-05-2022

(15-05-2022, 06:39 AM)Gerry Hatrick Wrote: Much as we are hankering for news of actual signings, don't expect to hear anything until June. Most players' contracts extend until June and the transfer window doesn't open until June 10th so no-one - signings or free agents - are in any rush right now.

DC has said he wants to start his pre-season with most of the 2022-23 squad in place. Pompey are due back on July 20th so that gives a window of about a month when you can expect things to happen. Four players needed I would guess, maybe five.

For now, go on holiday, take a break. Ignore websites with 'rumours of' stories, closely followed by 'blow to hopes of signing...' stories. 

Already on it GH  Smile .

RE: Player Recruitment - Jizbag - 15-05-2022

(15-05-2022, 06:39 AM)Gerry Hatrick Wrote: Much as we are hankering for news of actual signings, don't expect to hear anything until June. Most players' contracts extend until June and the transfer window doesn't open until June 10th so no-one - signings or free agents - are in any rush right now.

Surely that's June 20th?

RE: Player Recruitment - Gerry Hatrick - 15-05-2022

(15-05-2022, 09:02 AM)Jizbag Wrote:

Surely that's June 20th?

Correct Mr Jiz, my bad.

RE: Player Recruitment - DeepBlue - 15-05-2022

The window opens on June 10th.

RE: Player Recruitment - Pedalo_menders - 15-05-2022

Yup, Cullen has said that's when they'll be announcing the signings they've been doing whilst we've all been crying about them not doing any work. 

Currently the best starting XI we can rustle up would be:

_________________Bass
Freeman Robertson Ogilvie Mnoga
Thompson Morris Tunnicliff hume
___________Curtis harness 

Bench:
Liam Vincent, Jay Mingi

Edit: Did we renew Reeco?

RE: Player Recruitment - PompeyDB - 15-05-2022

I think we also renewed Reid (who?) or at least the club said they were going to.

RE: Player Recruitment - bluetagagain - 15-05-2022

Everybody whose contract was due to expire and Dc wanted has been offered a new contract,so far only Jacobs has turned his down,I would imagine Raggett to follow. Recco,Thompson & Harness have accepted their new contract/extension.

RE: Player Recruitment - Pompeyg100 - 15-05-2022

(15-05-2022, 04:39 PM)bluetagagain Wrote: Everybody whose contract was due to expire and Dc wanted has been offered a new contract,so far only Jacobs has turned his down,I would imagine Raggett to follow. Recco,Thompson & Harness have accepted their new contract/extension.

How do you know this?

RE: Player Recruitment - bluetagagain - 15-05-2022

It’s been in the press . Check out Newsnow.

RE: Player Recruitment - blueandwight - 16-05-2022

(15-05-2022, 02:08 PM)Pedalo_menders Wrote: Yup, Cullen has said that's when they'll be announcing the signings they've been doing whilst we've all been crying about them not doing any work. 

Currently the best starting XI we can rustle up would be:

_________________Bass
Freeman Robertson Ogilvie Mnoga
Thompson Morris Tunnicliff hume
___________Curtis harness 

Bench:
Liam Vincent, Jay Mingi

Edit: Did we renew Reeco?

I do enjoy a bit of misplaced optimism.
If it's right it looks like June 10th is going to be a really busy day!

RE: Player Recruitment - Hammie - 17-05-2022

that's not a bad starting point especially as we are likely to add several extended contracts before the window opens.

RE: Player Recruitment - mikey393 - 18-05-2022

I just can't see us doing any major business in the transfer window.

We're linked to lots of players on Transfer News but players like Kyle Wooton who are more likely to go to a Championship side. If we can get both Hirst & Hayden back on loan that will be great but won't know until the last minute.

In my candid opinion Tornanate don't have a clue & are playing at managing the club.

The owners have said they want promotion but aren't backing that up with team investment.

Once the ground improvements are finished & ground capacity back to 20K there's No excuse to not invest on the pitch. If they persist with the "Eat what we kill" addage we're going nowhere so I 'd rather they're honest put the club up for sale & move on.

On the positive side they'll leave us debt free & the ground & training ground up to scratch hopefully.

For the fans 6 years in Div 1 is simply not good enough as we need to be in the Championship playing a decent level of football rather being turned over by clubs like Forrest Green Rovers.

RE: Player Recruitment - exgaffer - 18-05-2022

(18-05-2022, 06:40 PM)mikey393 Wrote: I just can't see us doing any major business in the transfer window.

We're linked to lots of players on Transfer News but players like Kyle Wooton who are more likely to go to a Championship side. If we can get both Hirst & Hayden back on loan that will be great but won't know until the last minute.

In my candid opinion Tornanate don't have a clue & are playing at managing the club.

The owners have said they want promotion but aren't backing that up with team investment.

Once the ground improvements are finished & ground capacity back to 20K there's No excuse to not invest on the pitch. If they persist with the "Eat what we kill" addage we're going nowhere so I 'd rather they're honest put the club up for sale & move on.

On the positive side they'll leave us debt free & the ground & training ground up to scratch hopefully.

For the fans 6 years in Div 1 is simply not good enough as we need to be in the Championship playing a decent level of football rather being turned over by clubs like Forrest Green Rovers.

Ffs we haven’t even got to the window yet and we certainly haven’t been turned over by Forest Green Rovers.

Try a little optimism, you’ll feel better for it.

RE: Player Recruitment - Pompeyg100 - 18-05-2022

(18-05-2022, 06:40 PM)mikey393 Wrote: I just can't see us doing any major business in the transfer window.

Well we will be doing major business because we need about 10 players.

RE: Player Recruitment - Pompeyg100 - 19-05-2022

Cullen on Hayden Carter: "We'll continue to monitor that one and if there's any chance of us having him back then we'd love to have him... if we could do a permanent fantastic but I think that's relatively unlikely given Blackburn's plans for him"

RE: Player Recruitment - mikey393 - 19-05-2022

(18-05-2022, 06:47 PM)exgaffer Wrote:

Ffs we haven’t even got to the window yet and we certainly haven’t been turned over by Forest Green Rovers.

I'll reserve judgement until then but don't expect any thing earth shattering. We all just want to see some decent football being played.

RE: Player Recruitment - Pompeyg100 - 19-05-2022

We’re in L1, are expecting Bale to sign or something?

RE: Player Recruitment - Cunninglinguist - 19-05-2022

(19-05-2022, 01:46 PM)mikey393 Wrote:
(18-05-2022, 06:47 PM)exgaffer Wrote:

I'll reserve judgement until then but don't expect any thing earth shattering. We all just want to see some decent football being played.

But you don’t watch games anyway, you just listen to the commentary.