TrueBlueArmy Forums
Next season - Printable Version

+- TrueBlueArmy Forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com)
+-- Forum: TBA forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Play Up Pompey (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Next season (/showthread.php?tid=1802)

Next season - Cowespompey - 02-05-2022

We’ll finish between 8th and 11th .

RE: Next season - BlueArmy - 02-05-2022

I don't see it.

On the pitch especially we are going backwards.

I think we will be lower mid table and maybe a relegation battle.

RE: Next season - Pompeyg100 - 02-05-2022

(02-05-2022, 08:13 PM)BlueArmy Wrote: I don't see it.

I can’t stand DC but he has enough for us to be comfortably top half.

RE: Next season - Cowespompey - 02-05-2022

(02-05-2022, 08:42 PM)Pompeyg100 Wrote:

You just need to look at the teams coming down and the teams who miss out on the play offs .We’ll finish below them

RE: Next season - Pompeyg100 - 02-05-2022

(02-05-2022, 08:52 PM)Cowespompey Wrote:
(02-05-2022, 08:42 PM)Pompeyg100 Wrote:

You just need to look at the teams coming down and the teams who miss out on the play offs .We’ll finish below them

Not one of those teams will have the same squad that finished the season, they’ll almost all lose their best players.

RE: Next season - Hammie - 02-05-2022

That's the problem with just missing out, the promoted teams come to nick your best players with champ wages, knowing if they get relegated they can spend up to three seasons paying higher wages to allow them to yo yo back.

RE: Next season - Pedalo_menders - 08-05-2022

It's hard to make a prediction at this stage because so much can happen.

However, given the lack of forward planning for this season and the lack of action by the recruitment team thus far, I completely agree with Cowes pessimistic sentiment.

If you can't compete on price, you need to move fast to snap up the free agents. We're not doing that so there's not a lot of cause for optimism. Then add to that, that its still the same people making decisions such as binning whatmough, and passing up opportunities to sign players like Twine & Sadlier, who are supposed to be able to build a promotion squad.

We need a miracle.

RE: Next season - Pompeyg100 - 08-05-2022

(08-05-2022, 06:23 PM)Pedalo_menders Wrote: It's hard to make a prediction at this stage because so much can happen.

However, given the lack of forward planning for this season and the lack of action by the recruitment team thus far, I completely agree with Cowes pessimistic sentiment.

If you can't compete on price, you need to move fast to snap up the free agents. We're not doing that so there's not a lot of cause for optimism. Then add to that, that its still the same people making decisions such as binning whatmough,  and passing up opportunities to sign players like Twine & Sadlier, who are supposed to be able to build a promotion squad.

We need a miracle.

Exactly how do you know what the recruitment team has or has not done? You honestly expecting 10 signings in the first week of may?! Has any club signed a player yet? For Gods sake calm down.

RE: Next season - Hammie - 08-05-2022

Its odd that our league finished so early, 4th tier this week, the other yet to finish. When can we actually start announcing other than retained or extended contracts?

RE: Next season - DeepBlue - 08-05-2022

(08-05-2022, 06:23 PM)Pedalo_menders Wrote: It's hard to make a prediction at this stage because so much can happen.

If you can't compete on price, you need to move fast to snap up the free agents. We're not doing that so there's not a lot of cause for optimism. Then add to that, that its still the same people making decisions such as binning whatmough,  and passing up opportunities to sign players like Twine & Sadlier, who are supposed to be able to build a promotion squad.

We need a miracle.

Pedalo ... how do you know that we are not moving fast and  lining up players already ? 

You are of course aware that the transfer window does not open until June 10th so we can't actually sign anyone until then. 

And Sadlier ????? WTF

RE: Next season - Pompeyg100 - 08-05-2022

(08-05-2022, 06:40 PM)DeepBlue Wrote:

We need a miracle.

Pedalo ... how do you know that we are not moving fast and  lining up players already ? 

You are of course aware that the transfer window does not open until June 10th so we can't actually sign anyone until then. 

And Sadlier ????? WTF

His post was either a wind up or the most retarded post in the history of this board.

RE: Next season - DeepBlue - 08-05-2022

(08-05-2022, 06:40 PM)DeepBlue Wrote:

We need a miracle.

And Sadlier ????? WTF

And it's not the same people is it ? Catlin was the one who offered Whatmough his contract ... Cullen did not start until June.