TrueBlueArmy Forums
Playoff winners - Printable Version

+- TrueBlueArmy Forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com)
+-- Forum: TBA forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Play Up Pompey (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Playoff winners (/showthread.php?tid=1811)

Pages: 1 2

Playoff winners - Cunninglinguist - 05-05-2022

Who do you fancy? Just as much, who do you want to see the back of?

I reckon Wednesday to win it and I’d like to see the back of them, tbh. I can see them being even stronger next season.

Sunderland make me laugh, so they can stay.

RE: Playoff winners - SouthseaBubble - 05-05-2022

I'd like to see the back of Sunderland. On the other hand, I don't want them to go up. Hmmm.

RE: Playoff winners - Rick Pumpkin - 05-05-2022

(05-05-2022, 11:46 AM)SouthseaBubble Wrote: I'd like to see the back of Sunderland.  On the other hand, I don't want them to go up.  Hmmm.

Same here.  As much as I'd like to see the Mackems get promoted so we don't have to encounter them again for a while, I'd prefer Wednesday to go up.

RE: Playoff winners - Tomsk - 05-05-2022

I like Wednesday but I'd actually like to see MKDons go up. Sunderland are a bit of fun so they can stay down with us. They are massive though, not sure they've mentioned that.

RE: Playoff winners - firqdays - 05-05-2022

I want to see 'the Beast' take on the Championship for a season !

RE: Playoff winners - DeepBlue - 05-05-2022

(05-05-2022, 12:38 PM)firqdays Wrote: I want to see 'the Beast' take on the Championship for a season !

You saw that last season ... it didn't go well for him, 1 goal in 33 appreances.

RE: Playoff winners - Rick Pumpkin - 05-05-2022

(05-05-2022, 02:38 PM)DeepBlue Wrote:
(05-05-2022, 12:38 PM)firqdays Wrote: I want to see 'the Beast' take on the Championship for a season !

You saw that last season ... it didn't go well for him, 1 goal in 33 appreances.

Plus I thought his contract is up and Wycombe aren't renewing it.

RE: Playoff winners - mikey393 - 05-05-2022

(05-05-2022, 03:10 PM)Rick Pumpkin Wrote:
(05-05-2022, 02:38 PM)DeepBlue Wrote:

Plus I thought his contract is up and Wycombe aren't renewing it.

He's too busy eating Burgers!

RE: Playoff winners - 66zoolane - 06-05-2022

The commentator just said something like (not sure exactly) 'Premier League stadium, Premier League clubs, Premier League atmosphere! The only thing that's missing is the Premier League'!  

And quality teams? He must've missed that's missing.

RE: Playoff winners - Pompey_in_Derby - 06-05-2022

Premier League atmosphere - what's that? ......more like lunar atmosphere!

It's no wonder that the commentators rant on about the intimidating or deafening atmosphere in countries such as Turkey, Croatia, Hungary and Germany....... they've spent too much time covering matches in the sanitised Premier League!

RE: Playoff winners - JIMBON - 08-05-2022

MK Dons have made the play offs 5 times and never yet reached the final. Now who does that remind me of ?‍♂️ .

RE: Playoff winners - Hammie - 08-05-2022

so if we are going to the play ofs next season we need to try and play MK at all costs!

RE: Playoff winners - Isaac Hunt - 09-05-2022

(08-05-2022, 10:07 PM)Hammie Wrote: so if we are going to the play ofs next season we need to try and play MK at all costs!

Would be a never ending penalty shoot out

RE: Playoff winners - JIMBON - 09-05-2022

786-786 and down to Michael Eisner to take our next one and Peter Winkleman theirs. Whose your money on.

Both would miss, however we could bring on our super fan. Game over

RE: Playoff winners - JIMBON - 09-05-2022

Wouldn't he still be in bar from HT of normal time. Perhaps need to go with Nigel Quashie instead.

Ha Ha

RE: Playoff winners - mikey393 - 09-05-2022

(08-05-2022, 07:39 PM)JIMBON Wrote: MK Dons have made the play offs 5 times and never yet reached the final. Now who does that remind me of ?‍♂️ .

But think of all that extra cash thety've pocketed!

RE: Playoff winners - Hammie - 09-05-2022

Going back to atmosphere, what atmosphere?

RE: Playoff winners - Tomsk - 09-05-2022

Ffs I really didn't want to have to support Wycombe!!

RE: Playoff winners - Isaac Hunt - 10-05-2022

Nah get the no marks out of the league.
More BIG games next season

RE: Playoff winners - Cunninglinguist - 10-05-2022

A bit disappointed that Sheff didn’t do the business but it does mean there’s still a chance for an end of season online meltdown.

It’s almost worth Pompey not being there ?

RE: Playoff winners - blueandwight - 10-05-2022

Not sure how many of people commenting actually saw the game but, quite frankly, it was awful although it did explain why we're stuck in this awful league. In fairness, both sides had a plan and they could defend adequately, but essentially it was all about cheating...diving, rolling around on the floor, dissent, time wasting...quite simply dreadful; they call it gamesmanship nowadays. Sunderland won't know what's hit them when come up against the best exponents of the dark arts in a couple of weeks!

RE: Playoff winners - Tomsk - 10-05-2022

I think Sunderland are well aware of Wycombe's mastery of the dark arts aka shithousery

RE: Playoff winners - Jezzer - 10-05-2022

(10-05-2022, 01:50 PM)blueandwight Wrote: Not sure how many of people commenting actually saw the game but, quite frankly, it was awful although it did explain why we're stuck in this awful league. In fairness, both sides had a plan and they could defend adequately, but essentially it was all about cheating...diving, rolling around on the floor, dissent, time wasting...quite simply dreadful; they call it gamesmanship nowadays. Sunderland won't know what's hit them when come up against the best exponents of the dark arts in a couple of weeks!
All play-off games are awful and certainly not ones for the neutral fan to get excited about. I have always hated the playoffs and while I understand why they were introduced I think there is something distinctly unfair about a team sneaking into the play-off places on the back of a late run and then turning over the team that has been third all season. We have cups for that type of team ffs. Anyhow  I guess I'll always be haunted by that Ormondroyd "goal". 
As for Wycombe and the Mackems, the best way of looking at it is to know we're shot of one of them next season.