TrueBlueArmy Forums
Barton back - Printable Version

+- TrueBlueArmy Forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com)
+-- Forum: TBA forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Thread: Barton back (/showthread.php?tid=1825)

Barton back - 66zoolane - 07-05-2022

Could've done without that idiot next season! If I was Northampton Town I'd be calling for an inquest. Or a recount.

RE: Barton back - exgaffer - 08-05-2022

(07-05-2022, 08:04 PM)66zoolane Wrote: Could've done without that idiot next season! If I was Northampton Town I'd be calling for an inquest. Or a recount.

He has done a great job there and the achievement speaks for itself.

Rovers are a proper football club, so I’m glad they have succeeded.

I don’t suppose Barton (or the Rovers fans) will lose any sleep over the fact that you don’t like him.

Why do you care anyway, and if he managed us to promotion would you hold the same view?

RE: Barton back - DeepBlue - 08-05-2022

(07-05-2022, 08:04 PM)66zoolane Wrote: Could've done without that idiot next season! If I was Northampton Town I'd be calling for an inquest. Or a recount.

Nlorthampton's beef is surely with Scunthorpe for playing the kids. 

Mind you, I'd impose a points deduction for the pitch invasions.

RE: Barton back - Smirnoffexpress - 08-05-2022

Get a grip, if that had been us in the same situation we would have done the same.

RE: Barton back - exgaffer - 08-05-2022

(08-05-2022, 08:25 AM)DeepBlue Wrote:

Nlorthampton's beef is surely with Scunthorpe for playing the kids. 

So you’d punish all those real fans with a points deduction when it was nothing to do with them then?

You really are a plank sometimes Deep.

RE: Barton back - Ain’t got a Danny - 08-05-2022

Nlorthampton's beef is surely with Scunthorpe for playing the kids. (quote)

Which would have seen Scunthorpe fined years ago.

[/quote]

So you’d punish all those real fans with a points deduction when it was nothing to do with them (quote)

The Football League do tend to do that.

RE: Barton back - Deebo - 08-05-2022

Zoolane. I did laugh at your "High functioning alcoholic" epithet. It reminded me there's a wonderful Paul Merson walking in the Yorkshire Dales programme on iplayer at the moment. Inspiring and revealing. Great to see an ex-player baring his soul and hopefully helping others with his honesty.

RE: Barton back - DeepBlue - 08-05-2022

(08-05-2022, 09:10 AM)Smirnoffexpress Wrote: Get a grip, if that had been us in the same situation we would have done the same.

Would we ? Not sure we have invaded the pitch with 10 mins of such an important game still to come (other than in Le Havre or anti- Gregory protests).

It was only a tongue in cheek comment but I did think they were stupid to risk undoing all the. hard work from the team....the game could easily have been abandoned and even promotion lost.

The equivalent for us was the 6-1 Cheltenham win to secure the title and we waited for the final whistle then

RE: Barton back - Tufnell_Chimes - 08-05-2022

There was actually a conversation between the officials about abandoning the game at the time.

RE: Barton back - 66zoolane - 08-05-2022

(08-05-2022, 07:35 AM)exgaffer Wrote:

He has done a great job there and the achievement speaks for itself.

Rovers are a proper football club, so I’m glad they have succeeded.

I don’t suppose Barton (or the Rovers fans) will lose any sleep over the fact that you don’t like him.

Why do you care anyway, and if he managed us to promotion would you hold the same view?

I have nothing against Bristol Rovers, and I didn't say I don't 'like' Barton either, just that he's an idiot, and that bloke who's eye he stubbed his cigar out in might agree. Or the pedestrian he ran over at 2 am. Or all the people he's assaulted down the years.

He definitely won't lose any sleep over people disliking him - if he did that'd be quite some insomnia. I'm sure he'd be relieved you like him though.

But I'll agree I'll forgive almost anything of anyone getting us promotion.  Smile

RE: Barton back - scumslayer - 12-05-2022

He's a coont, but you can't deny he's effective.

RE: Barton back - Ain’t got a Danny - 13-05-2022

He’s a bonehead short of an oasis.