TrueBlueArmy Forums
George Hirst - Printable Version

+- TrueBlueArmy Forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com)
+-- Forum: TBA forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Play Up Pompey (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: George Hirst (/showthread.php?tid=1830)

George Hirst - BigSmokeBlue - 11-05-2022

Looking unlikely that he’ll return to Pompey next season. His recent goal scoring exploits over the last 4 months have not gone unnoticed. Brendan Rogers said in an interview earlier today they he wants to take a look at George in preseason training with a view to considering him for the first team squad. Even if he fails to make the grade, you would think Leicester would loan him to the Championship to improve his development once more.

Good luck to the lad I say.

RE: George Hirst - exgaffer - 11-05-2022

(11-05-2022, 07:34 PM)BigSmokeBlue Wrote: Looking unlikely that he’ll return to Pompey next season. His recent goal scoring exploits over the last 4 months have not gone unnoticed. Brendan Rogers said in an interview earlier today they he wants to take a look at George in preseason training with a view to considering him for the first team squad. Even if he fails to make the grade, you would think Leicester would loan him to the Championship to improve his development once more.

Good luck to the lad I say.

There was never any hope of us keeping Hirst was there? 

I agree, I wish him well wherever he plays (except if he plays for the scummers or against us of course).  Smile

RE: George Hirst - Pompeyg100 - 11-05-2022

It was never going to happen, no idea why anyone thought it would.

RE: George Hirst - Rick Pumpkin - 12-05-2022

(11-05-2022, 09:00 PM)Pompeyg100 Wrote: It was never going to happen, no idea why anyone thought it would.

Probably because the player himself was quoted several times saying he wanted to come back.  Just saying, loike.

RE: George Hirst - DeepBlue - 12-05-2022

(12-05-2022, 08:34 AM)Rick Pumpkin Wrote:
(11-05-2022, 09:00 PM)Pompeyg100 Wrote: It was never going to happen, no idea why anyone thought it would.

Probably because the player himself was quoted several times saying he wanted to come back.  Just saying, loike.

Can't see him making Leicester's premier squad, so we can expect him to get to train and pre-season with them and then be available for loan or transfer towards the end of August.  If so we would have as much chance of a loan as anyone given that he has said he would like to come back for another season. 

But it will be a long wait if we want him.

I'm glad all those saying 'no chance, never was any chance' are not in charge of our recruitment - with an attitude like that we would never get anyone. As long as there is a slim chance you make every effort to make it happen.

RE: George Hirst - bluebollox - 12-05-2022

(12-05-2022, 09:01 AM)DeepBlue Wrote:

Can't see him making Leicester's premier squad, so we can expect him to get to train and pre-season with them and then be available for loan or transfer towards the end of August.  If so we would have as much chance of a loan as anyone given that he has said he would like to come back for another season. 

I'm glad all those saying 'no chance, never was any chance' are not in charge of our recruitment - with an attitude like that we would never get anyone. As long as there is a slim chance you make every effort to make it happen.

I think the problem is we cant wait all summer only for him to go to a championship club which is what I think will happen. Love to see him here again but we need to get a striker in who can be 1st choice should Hirst go up the football ladder.

RE: George Hirst - Pompeyg100 - 12-05-2022

Of course we would still get people, what a load crap. You’d get people that it’s possible to get. Hirst said that so he isn’t burning bridges, he’ll be in the championship if he goes on loan.

Baz said he’d come back, you think he is too?

I wouldn’t take a footballers word for anything.

RE: George Hirst - DeepBlue - 12-05-2022

(12-05-2022, 11:33 AM)Pompeyg100 Wrote:

Of course we would still get people, what a load crap. You’d get people that it’s possible to get. Hirst said that so he isn’t burning bridges, he’ll be in the championship if he goes on loan.

Yes, he might go to the championship, but not to just any club in the championship. For instance, if the choice was back to Pompey or back to Rotherham I'm certain he would choose Pompey.

(12-05-2022, 11:44 AM)DeepBlue Wrote:
(12-05-2022, 11:33 AM)Pompeyg100 Wrote:

Yes, he might go to the championship, but not to just any club in the championship. For instance, if the choice was back to Pompey or back to Rotherham I'm certain he would choose Pompey.

A club he’s already struggled at lol?! Apart from Rotherham he would go to any other club in the championship and probably a good few if he showed no ambition and went on loan in L1.

RE: George Hirst - slayer - 12-05-2022

I thought he was pony. I was wrong.

His transformation is Linvoy/Harper levels of night and day. He deserves his chance at a higher level. He won't get as much time on the all though! Good luck to him.

RE: George Hirst - BigSmokeBlue - 13-05-2022

Ipswich are now showing an interest in signing Hirst. He has one year left on his contract with Leicester. If they put in an offer to sign him permanently, i can’t see Pompey competing to win his signature, can anyone else?

RE: George Hirst - exgaffer - 13-05-2022

(13-05-2022, 10:20 AM)BigSmokeBlue Wrote: Ipswich are now showing an interest in signing Hirst. He has one year left on his contract with Leicester. If they put in an offer to sign him permanently, i can’t see Pompey competing to win his signature, can anyone else?

Well if they allow him to leave, we have a head start since he wants to come here.

Depends how much we want him doesn’t it?

RE: George Hirst - Pompeyg100 - 13-05-2022

It’s a story, it’s not fact.

RE: George Hirst - exgaffer - 13-05-2022

(13-05-2022, 01:42 PM)Pompeyg100 Wrote: It’s a story, it’s not fact.

Absolutely.

That’s why I included the word ‘if’ in my reply.

RE: George Hirst - Pompeyg100 - 13-05-2022

I wasn’t replying to your post, just information for the girls on here about to go in to meltdown and attack the owners.

RE: George Hirst - Hammie - 13-05-2022

all the stories are likely to be from his agent trying to push up his cut

RE: George Hirst - mikey393 - 13-05-2022

(13-05-2022, 10:20 AM)BigSmokeBlue Wrote: Ipswich are now showing an interest in signing Hirst. He has one year left on his contract with Leicester. If they put in an offer to sign him permanently, i can’t see Pompey competing to win his signature, can anyone else?

If that were to happen we'd then see how ambitious Tornanate are.

If we lost out to Ipswich none of us on here would be happy.

I think he'll go out on loan probably for  6 months so Rodgers can monitor him.

If Vardy gets a serious injury he could be recalled at Xmas.

RE: George Hirst - West Australian Portsmouth Fan - 14-05-2022

Every season since we’ve been in this league nothing has changed. We don’t get promoted and anyone that’s any good be it our player or a loan player leaves. Such is Pompey

RE: George Hirst - exgaffer - 14-05-2022

(14-05-2022, 05:35 PM)West Australian Portsmouth Fan Wrote: Every season since we’ve been in this league nothing has changed. We don’t get promoted and anyone that’s any good be it our player or a loan player leaves. Such is Pompey

Exactly right.

That’s why I think we should sign players rather than using the loan market.

At least we would have some element of control if the players were under contract to us.

RE: George Hirst - Pompeyg100 - 14-05-2022

(14-05-2022, 05:53 PM)exgaffer Wrote:
(14-05-2022, 05:35 PM)West Australian Portsmouth Fan Wrote: Every season since we’ve been in this league nothing has changed. We don’t get promoted and anyone that’s any good be it our player or a loan player leaves. Such is Pompey

Exactly right.

That’s why I think we should sign players rather than using the loan market.

At least we would have some element of control if the players were under contract to us.

And that’s exactly what the Eisners have told DC to do, improve players that are ours and not other clubs, hence looking in non-league. Benefit from them and then sell them.

RE: George Hirst - slayer - 15-05-2022

If we don't move on from Hirst we are fucking idiots. Leicester manager has come out and said he will look at him for the first team which means if he will be loaned out again, it will be at the last minute and to at least a Championship team