TrueBlueArmy Forums
New Director of Football - Printable Version

+- TrueBlueArmy Forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com)
+-- Forum: TBA forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Play Up Pompey (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: New Director of Football (/showthread.php?tid=1831)

Pages: 1 2

RE: New Director of Football - Smirnoffexpress - 19-05-2022

Fook Wycombe wotsit, Wigan who and Vegan Green whoevers. My point is that our “brand name” is slipping further and further away from what it should be. We deserve to be in the division that we are in but Proud Pompey are turning into Poundland Pompey.

RE: New Director of Football - Hammie - 19-05-2022

When exactly did we move from quietly interviewing and then recruiting to discussing it all over the News before anyone was actually appointed.

RE: New Director of Football - DeepBlue - 19-05-2022

(19-05-2022, 04:36 PM)Pedalo_menders Wrote: Deep lives on his own planet. He talks so much shyte that he would fit in perfectly as a PFC decision maker.

I saw that Cullen has also said signing Carter is unlikely. Guess Deep wouldn't want him in the trenches with him either. That's a paradox.

Cullen has said signing Carter permanently was looking unlikely but he certainly wasn't discounting another loan and that was what he will aim for.  

Without giving up before he tries presumably.

RE: New Director of Football - JIMBON - 19-05-2022

My next door neighbours cousins best friends uncle says that he heard the bloke from Burrfields Mob Milton Rovers United interviewed very well and has been told to standby as he is next on the list.

RE: New Director of Football - Cunninglinguist - 20-05-2022

(19-05-2022, 06:17 PM)Pompeyg100 Wrote: Do you think they’ll pin his post on the dressing room wall?! Ffs

Chuckle. Don’t give them ideas: they’re already laughing at us from their boardroom.

RE: New Director of Football - Pedalo_menders - 21-05-2022

They have failed to land any of the candidates they wanted and have now announced they've stopped looking. You couldn't make it up. Saying you've decided to wait and be patient when it's been well documented that every candidate made an offer turned us down. God this is depressing to see play out.

The strategy of being the leagues 'hardest working club' does not really work as an ethos when the salaries dont also reflect this. Brick by brick though.

RE: New Director of Football - Pompeyg100 - 21-05-2022

(21-05-2022, 10:02 AM)Pedalo_menders Wrote: They have failed to land any of the candidates they wanted and have now announced they've stopped looking. You couldn't make it up. Saying you've decided to wait and be patient when it's been well documented that every candidate made an offer turned us down. God this is depressing to see play out.

The strategy of being the leagues 'hardest working club' does not really work as an ethos when the salaries dont also reflect this. Brick by brick though.

They haven’t announced anything!

RE: New Director of Football - Hammie - 21-05-2022

appoint in haste, repent at leisure

RE: New Director of Football - Cunninglinguist - 21-05-2022

Exactly.

Get the right man in, or not at all!

RE: New Director of Football - Cunninglinguist - 21-05-2022

‘There's obviously been speculation about individuals in the press and we know that Dale Vince and Forest Green spoke about Richard Hughes, who is a very talented individual. But, we have to do this in confidence because we end up in a situation whereby we have and will deter people from applying to the process, so we do our business in private, that's what we will be doing.’

On that basis, I won’t be taking much notice of what the snooze says.

RE: New Director of Football - exterminator - 29-09-2022

Well, he's now been appointed - the FGR owner isn't impressed with the way we have gone about the way of getting him - as a veggie no doubt he'll be feasting on sour grapes for months !!

RE: New Director of Football - slayer - 29-09-2022

Dale Vince is a very sensitive little flower isn't he? Naive

RE: New Director of Football - blueandwight - 29-09-2022

Isn't it amazing what a bit more money, a much bigger club that have mad a great start to the season as opposed to crappy little non-league club who look odds-on for relegation and the promise of a steak dinner can do for someone who made a bit of mistake back in May. In some ways he's lucky to get a second chance.

RE: New Director of Football - Pedalo_menders - 29-09-2022

Glad they finally got their man. What a palaver that was! First job it trying to keep the loans at the club until Feb 1st.

RE: New Director of Football - West Australian Portsmouth Fan - 29-09-2022

(29-09-2022, 12:53 PM)exterminator Wrote: Well, he's now been appointed - the FGR owner isn't impressed with the way we have gone about the way of getting him - as a veggie no doubt he'll be feasting on sour grapes for months !!

Apparently there is a football league rule in place that states clubs have to contact other clubs and get their permission when they want to speak with contracted employees of said other club. Well it looks like we didn’t do that so I wonder what punishment we will receive if any for poaching this bloke? Apparently Watford did the same thing with their manager so it’s been a bit of a shit week at Forest Green Rovers. 

Anyway what I would like to know is who is in favour of scrapping this ask the club for permission first rule? I’ll go on the record and say I think it should stand when the season is in progress but in the off season the rule shouldn’t apply and staff including managers and players should be able to try and find new work or secure a better deal for themselves at their current club if they can. So yeah again, what do you think?

RE: New Director of Football - mikey393 - 01-10-2022

Relieved we've finally got our Man & what a Saga but that's Pompey all over!

Does anyone know where FGR are located as never heard of them until last season?

Div 2 looks about their level & the owner needs to come to terms with that!

RE: New Director of Football - Northstander - 01-10-2022

Nailsworth Glos (4 miles south of Stroud) Mikey

RE: New Director of Football - mikey393 - 01-10-2022

(01-10-2022, 01:58 PM)Northstander Wrote: Nailsworth Glos (4 miles south of Stroud) Mikey

Thanks miles from anywhere then! Credit to them to get into Div 1 though.

RE: New Director of Football - Northstander - 01-10-2022

Reminds me of Rushden & Diamonds Mikey who eventually went under.

RE: New Director of Football - DeepBlue - 01-10-2022

(01-10-2022, 01:50 PM)mikey393 Wrote: Relieved we've finally got our Man & what a Saga but that's Pompey all over!

Does anyone know where FGR are located as never heard of them until last season?

Div 2 looks about their level & the owner needs to come to terms with that!

Never heard of a team that's been in the football league for 5 years and received all sorts of headlines for their veganism ??

RE: New Director of Football - stayinupforever - 02-10-2022

(29-09-2022, 02:26 PM)West Australian Portsmouth Fan Wrote:
(29-09-2022, 12:53 PM)exterminator Wrote: Well, he's now been appointed - the FGR owner isn't impressed with the way we have gone about the way of getting him - as a veggie no doubt he'll be feasting on sour grapes for months !!

Apparently there is a football league rule in place that states clubs have to contact other clubs and get their permission when they want to speak with contracted employees of said other club. Well it looks like we didn’t do that so I wonder what punishment we will receive if any for poaching this bloke? Apparently Watford did the same thing with their manager so it’s been a bit of a shit week at Forest Green Rovers. 

Anyway what I would like to know is who is in favour of scrapping this ask the club for permission first rule? I’ll go on the record and say I think it should stand when the season is in progress but in the off season the rule shouldn’t apply and staff including managers and players should be able to try and find new work or secure a better deal for themselves at their current club if they can. So yeah again, what do you think?
If you're on a fixed term contract that you signed then no approach for your services should be allowed. If you are on a contract that allows you to leave with a set notice period then yes to an approach.

RE: New Director of Football - Lawrence - 02-10-2022

(02-10-2022, 08:03 AM)stayinupforever Wrote:
(29-09-2022, 02:26 PM)West Australian Portsmouth Fan Wrote:

If you're on a fixed term contract that you signed then no approach for your services should be allowed. If you are on a contract that allows you to leave with a set notice period then yes to an approach.

It makes a change that its us being the aggressive one I guess. Who's to say he didn't text us? They are underperforming at the bottom whilst we look a bit more decent than in preseason. Maybe Hughes could see his career going back into l2.

But at the end of the day if he does well, he will do exactly the same to us and we'd be the ones complaining.

RE: New Director of Football - slayer - 22-10-2022

Did this get a mention today? ?

RE: New Director of Football - Isaac Hunt - 24-10-2022

Well Andy Moon said Hughes was inconspicuously lurking somewhere at the match.