TrueBlueArmy Forums
If he's linked,he's here - Printable Version

+- TrueBlueArmy Forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com)
+-- Forum: TBA forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Play Up Pompey (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: If he's linked,he's here (/showthread.php?tid=1839)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

RE: If he's linked,he's here - DeepBlue - 17-06-2022

Woodrow would be a very good signing, but can't see it happening with that competition. 

But if Ipswich got him I'd try to get Joe Pigott instead. He flopped last year but looked the full package the year before at Wimbledon when we tried to get him. Could be a bargain if we could revive him.

RE: If he's linked,he's here - fredscuttle`s hampton - 17-06-2022

(15-05-2022, 11:34 AM)bluetagagain Wrote: Just thought I would draw up a list of players we are linked with and that we could add to as and when. All 'targets' must be mentioned in the press (online or print) and not a rumour from someone who knows Nick Cowley's wife's hairdressers sister, etc.

So far I've heard we are in for or linked with:

George Hirst
Hayden Carter
Aiden O'Brien

Toby Mallarkay - Altrincham
Kion Etete - Spurs
Ethan Erhahon - St.Mirren
Lyden Gooch - Sunderland
Alex Rodriguez Gorrin - Oxford
Kyle Joseph - Swansea
Morgan Whittaker - Swansea
Luke Molyneux - Hartlepool
Aaron Collins - Bristol Rvrs.
That lad Etete  is toilet and he makes Marquis look like Cryff.............was at Cheltenham on loan and blew it out his arse.......next stop Aldi collecting trolleys.

RE: If he's linked,he's here - Roybatty - 18-06-2022

(25-05-2022, 09:06 PM)bluetagagain Wrote: Jack Tucker - Gillingham

Gone to mk dons

RE: If he's linked,he's here - DeepBlue - 18-06-2022

(18-06-2022, 09:45 AM)Roybatty Wrote:
(25-05-2022, 09:06 PM)bluetagagain Wrote: Jack Tucker - Gillingham

Gone to mk dons

He would have been top of my list to replace Raggett if he had gone.  Not quite so needed as it turned out.

RE: If he's linked,he's here - blueandwight - 18-06-2022

I'm sure I can't be on my own on this one.

We've got owners that don't see any need to compete with their peers in League One or even contemplate a promotion challenge, no Director of Football, no scouting system to speak about, a shambolic excuse for an Academy...need I go on.

The one person that may have moved us forward is Mark Catlin. A man that understood football, this club and our fans and probably the only man to make sure that the Eisners are accountable for the current fiasco. Perhaps he might make them understand that the sole focus on sustainability, no debt, no risk, no spend strategy is killing the club. Of course, if he managed to get a response from them is another matter but I think he would have, at least, tried. My impression is the encumbent CEO is more of a Project Manager and possibly takes the view that what happens on the playing side isn't overly important.

If MC was still running the show I think we would have been in a less embarrassing position than we are today just a few weeks away from a new season.

If something doesn't change I'm fearful as to exactly where we're heading. We might get 11,000/12,000 season ticket sales but the majority of them will pick and choose their games depending on form, quality of the opposition and suchlike and, in my view, we're not far away from the point on a Tuesday night league game that will see a sub 10,000 gate.

RE: If he's linked,he's here - Pompeyg100 - 18-06-2022

Lol, I love your essays they are always full of joy and laughs.

RE: If he's linked,he's here - Rick Pumpkin - 18-06-2022

(18-06-2022, 10:49 AM)blueandwight Wrote: ...need I go on.

I wish you wouldn't.

RE: If he's linked,he's here - Tomsk - 18-06-2022

"...shambolic excuse..."
"...killing the club..."
"...embarrassing position..."

Only missing a "...rotten to the core. " and we've got the full set!

RE: If he's linked,he's here - West Australian Portsmouth Fan - 18-06-2022

(18-06-2022, 10:49 AM)blueandwight Wrote: just a few weeks away from a new season.

The new season starts in exactly 6 weeks from today so a bit more than a few weeks but I agree with the bulk of what you posted

RE: If he's linked,he's here - BigSmokeBlue - 18-06-2022

Carl Rushworth - 20 year old Brighton goalkeeper. Played 40 plus games for League 2 Walsall last season.

RE: If he's linked,he's here - bluetagagain - 18-06-2022

Oh good another loanee to train up for someone else.

RE: If he's linked,he's here - Rick Pumpkin - 19-06-2022

(18-06-2022, 02:03 PM)BigSmokeBlue Wrote: Carl Rushworth - 20 year old Brighton goalkeeper. Played 40 plus games for League 2 Walsall last season.

Walsall is one of my local clubs and their supporters rated him as one of the few bright spots in a pretty poor season for them.  But maybe, just maybe, Pompey want to start developing their own players rather than helping out local Prem clubs.

RE: If he's linked,he's here - BlueArmy - 19-06-2022

Been informed that Kion Etete to sign this week.

Very underwhelming. We are going to be in a relegation battle this season.

RE: If he's linked,he's here - slayer - 19-06-2022

The core needs to be in place for the first training session of the season.

Will we have enough players to field 11 v 11 by then?

RE: If he's linked,he's here - BlueArmy - 19-06-2022

(19-06-2022, 01:59 PM)scumslayer Wrote: The core needs to be in place for the first training session of the season.

Even if we get the players in, they won't be of the required quality to get us promotion.

RE: If he's linked,he's here - Pompeyg100 - 19-06-2022

(19-06-2022, 01:56 PM)BlueArmy Wrote: Been informed that Kion Etete to sign this week.

Very underwhelming. We are going to be in a relegation battle this season.

Lol you don’t really believe the sh1t you come out with do you?

RE: If he's linked,he's here - Pompeyg100 - 19-06-2022

(19-06-2022, 02:48 PM)BlueArmy Wrote:
(19-06-2022, 01:59 PM)scumslayer Wrote: The core needs to be in place for the first training session of the season.

Even if we get the players in, they won't be of the required quality to get us promotion.

We could get Kane and you’d moan. It really doesn’t matter who we sign, they still wont be good enough for you.

Grow up ffs

RE: If he's linked,he's here - Tufnell_Chimes - 19-06-2022

(19-06-2022, 01:56 PM)BlueArmy Wrote: Been informed that Kion Etete to sign this week.

He's 6'6" - time to get the poison dwarf out of retirement. Get the big man, little man thing going again.

RE: If he's linked,he's here - BigSmokeBlue - 22-06-2022

Mickel Miller - 26 year old winger released by Rotherham.

RE: If he's linked,he's here - Kingo - 22-06-2022

He's like a greyhound

RE: If he's linked,he's here - Deebo - 22-06-2022

Arseplaster’s still available. His move to Halifax came unstuck.

RE: If he's linked,he's here - Ain’t got a Danny - 22-06-2022

(22-06-2022, 02:42 PM)Kingo Wrote: He's like a greyhound

Underrated comment.

RE: If he's linked,he's here - Deebo - 22-06-2022

(22-06-2022, 02:42 PM)Kingo Wrote: He's like a greyhound

That deserves dog’s abuse.

RE: If he's linked,he's here - PompeyDB - 22-06-2022

Social media is a crock of sh1t, I know, but the club's last three tweets today began with the letters P A C. People are anticipating the next will begin with K...

RE: If he's linked,he's here - Pedalo_menders - 22-06-2022

My money is on chris packham