TrueBlueArmy Forums
Carter - Printable Version

+- TrueBlueArmy Forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com)
+-- Forum: TBA forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Play Up Pompey (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Carter (/showthread.php?tid=1843)

Carter - DeepBlue - 17-05-2022

According to today's Snooze Blackburn have put a valuation of £500k on Hayden Carter, but would not release him until a new manager has been appointed and has his say. 

Strikes me that is a bargain price that we should try to take advantage of, but apart from the fee would paying all his wages be too much for our playing budget ? 

If I was Tornante and wanted to keep to this strategy of buying young potential to sell on later I would set aside a 'Player Investment' budget separate to the playing budget and use it for the fees to secure this sort of player even if their wages have to fit in the playing budget.  Surely signing the likes of Carter, Tucker & Hirst (or even Bazunu?) out of such a pot of ,say, £5m could hardly fail to make a profit.

RE: Carter - BlueArmy - 17-05-2022

We won't sign him or players of his quality, no chance.

There's a real possibility we.could go down next season with all the muppets running the club and the team.

RE: Carter - DeepBlue - 17-05-2022

(17-05-2022, 04:40 PM)BlueArmy Wrote: We won't sign him or players of his quality, no chance.

There's a real possibility we.could go down next season with all the muppets running the club and the team.

There's also a real possibility that we could continue our post January form and get automatic promotion. 

But not with a negative attitude like that.

RE: Carter - Pompeyg100 - 17-05-2022

Absolutely no one in the division are paying fees like that. Signing Bazunu? Have you been on the wacky baccy Deep?

Signing a player is a gamble and it can absolutely fail to make a profit. For a manager with such lower league success, the amount of players he has signed from them is worrying. That’s where the money is to be made.

RE: Carter - Jizbag - 17-05-2022

Sounds like the fee stems from a Pompey source not Blackburn.

RE: Carter - 66zoolane - 17-05-2022

(17-05-2022, 05:28 PM)DeepBlue Wrote:
(17-05-2022, 04:40 PM)BlueArmy Wrote: We won't sign him or players of his quality, no chance.

There's also a real possibility that we could continue our post January form and get automatic promotion. 

But not with a negative attitude like that.

There's no way I think we'll go down, but 'continuing' a run of form when we won't have a chunk of the the team that started it is like Theseus's Ship, or Trigger's broom - 'Best broom I've ever had, changed the handle a few times, and the head, but it's lasted years'.

Edit: PS, I'm optimistic about this coming season though - I think this'll be the one.

RE: Carter - bluetagagain - 17-05-2022

We paid more than 500k for Marquis and Harness

RE: Carter - Pedalo_menders - 17-05-2022

There is absolutely no chance of Carter being signed and for 3 main reasons:

1: It would require the eisners to put their hands in their pockets.
2: Blackburn would have to allow him to go
3: We would have to compete for his signing

The club have said theyre actively seeking out non-league dross. Why would they change that policy?

RE: Carter - Cunninglinguist - 18-05-2022

It was very unlikely that we would sign Morrell, last season, but we did.

I have lost count of the amount of players we could never sign but did.

RE: Carter - Roybatty - 18-05-2022

(17-05-2022, 04:24 PM)DeepBlue Wrote: According to today's Snooze Blackburn have put a valuation of £500k on Hayden Carter, but would not release him until a new manager has been appointed and has his say. 

Strikes me that is a bargain price that we should try to take advantage of, but apart from the fee would paying all his wages be too much for our playing budget ? 

If I was Tornante and wanted to keep to this strategy of buying young potential to sell on later I would set aside a 'Player Investment' budget separate to the playing budget and use it for the fees to secure this sort of player even if their wages have to fit in the playing budget.  Surely signing the likes of Carter, Tucker & Hirst (or even Bazunu?) out of such a pot of ,say, £5m could hardly fail to make a profit.

You said "keep to this strategy" surely you mean start this strategy,all the players we have sold on for big profit,were signed by the trust

RE: Carter - exgaffer - 18-05-2022

There is more chance of us going up than down and only an extreme pessimist would think otherwise.

RE: Carter - Pompeyg100 - 18-05-2022

(17-05-2022, 11:36 PM)Pedalo_menders Wrote: There is absolutely no chance of Carter being signed and for 3 main reasons:

The club have said theyre actively seeking out non-league dross. Why would they change that policy?

Was Lowe non-league dross?

RE: Carter - Rick Pumpkin - 18-05-2022

(18-05-2022, 06:38 AM)Pompeyg100 Wrote:
(17-05-2022, 11:36 PM)Pedalo_menders Wrote: There is absolutely no chance of Carter being signed and for 3 main reasons:

Was Lowe non-league dross?

Definitely not, but Kabamba and Dennis most certainly were.

Open enough oysters and you'll find a pearl, etc.

RE: Carter - DeepBlue - 18-05-2022

1. What ?  like they have already done for several players, a training ground and 10m+ plus of grounds work ? 
2. What makes you think they won't ? Blackburn have valued him at 500k, sounds like letting him go is a distinct possibility, dependant on the new manager. But they are not short of defenders so there must be a decent chance. 
3. Yes, is a big risk that others will want him, but at least he likes it here and has said he would open to a return - that gives us a good chance.   Especially if they still want Harness (or Curtis).   

If they let him go I would think our chances of getting him are about 50/50.

Never have the club said they are ONLY seeking non-league bargains - only that like all clubs at our level they will be looking to exploit that that market too. The stated policy is to sign young players with existing experience and the capacity to improve, like Hume.  Carter would most definitely fit that criteria. 

I wouldn't want you in the trenches alongside me wth your constant negativity.

RE: Carter - Hammie - 18-05-2022

the chance of an exchange with some money top up from one club seems a reasonable shout

Is this all just made up or has someone from Blackburn quoted as saying they want £500k? It would be very unusual if they had.

I would guess this is just the News getting clicks.

(18-05-2022, 08:58 AM)DeepBlue Wrote:

1. What ?  like they have already done for several players, a training ground and 10m+ plus of grounds work ? 
2. What makes you think they won't ? Blackburn have valued him at 500k, sounds like letting him go is a distinct possibility, dependant on the new manager. But they are not short of defenders so there must be a decent chance. 
3. Yes, is a big risk that others will want him, but at least he likes it here and has said he would open to a return - that gives us a good chance.   Especially if they still want Harness (or Curtis).   

If they let him go I would think our chances of getting him are about 50/50.

Never have the club said they are ONLY seeking non-league bargains - only that like all clubs at our level they will be looking to exploit that that market too. The stated policy is to sign young players with existing experience and the capacity to improve, like Hume.  Carter would most definitely fit that criteria. 

I wouldn't want you in the trenches alongside me wth your constant negativity.

Don't know about anyone else but to me putting a price of £500k on Carter doesn't sound like Blackburn are awfully bothered about keeping him.  In today's game that's not a lot of money for someone who looks to be a hell of a prospect.

OK, that could all change when Venky's appoint their next manager and the new man may think Carter's the best player he's ever seen, but only £500k?  Surely that's inviting bids for him.

(18-05-2022, 09:54 AM)Pompeyg100 Wrote: Is this all just made up or has someone from Blackburn quoted as saying they want £500k? It would be very unusual if they had.

Couple of weeks ago there was a Lancashire Telegraph article that mentioned the fee the club had set.  I realise you don't believe the media, or players, or anyone else for that fact, but it was definitely there in print.

RE: Carter - Ain’t got a Danny - 18-05-2022

Just have to wait a few weeks and see what things are like after the window closes.

(18-05-2022, 10:00 AM)Rick Pumpkin Wrote:
(18-05-2022, 09:54 AM)Pompeyg100 Wrote: Is this all just made up or has someone from Blackburn quoted as saying they want £500k? It would be very unusual if they had.

Couple of weeks ago there was a Lancashire Telegraph article that mentioned the fee the club had set.  I realise you don't believe the media, or players, or anyone else for that fact, but it was definitely there in print.

You mean this LOL?

The League One side believe a fee in the region of £500,000 would be enough to make that happen on a permanent basis, though Rovers won’t be rushing into any decision with the 22-year-old.