TrueBlueArmy Forums
vs plymouth - Printable Version

+- TrueBlueArmy Forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com)
+-- Forum: TBA forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Play Up Pompey (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: vs plymouth (/showthread.php?tid=186)

Pages: 1 2

RE: vs plymouth - Tomsk - 07-02-2021

Last 10...

P10 W6 D2 L2 GF16 GA8

Lincoln... w6 d1 l3 18 10
Hull......... w4 d2 l4 14 10
P'boro..... w5 d3 l2 14 8

Only Donny and Oxford with better stats for the last 10, Donny being excellent. All can go on a good run and/or a shit run. I wouldn't say automatic spots have gone, and I wouldn't say toothless up front.
I would say Bill is right re bedwetting

RE: vs plymouth - stayinupforever - 07-02-2021

I think its more frustration that we know we are good enough to get an automatic spot yet lack consistency and make silly mistakes. Be this Jackett's fault or the players I don't know, but we are capable of doing better and Eisner knows it.

RE: vs plymouth - Pangus - 07-02-2021

We know we are good enough, thats for sure, but we are being hindered by bad and baffling selection and tactics decisions. The complete and sudden rejection of Williams is a stark reminder of whats hindering us. Outstanding displays by him in an attacking and successful set -up which clearly suited Marquis has been ditched and Williams sidelined for no apparent reason. What is does for Williams' confidence is surely important. Equally with Hiwula, why give him the encouragement of a deal to the end of the season and then show so little confidence in him that he can't even make a long list of substitutes, let alone get a game. What does that do for a young player's belief?

RE: vs plymouth - DeepBlue - 07-02-2021

(07-02-2021, 11:09 AM)ForeverPompey Wrote:
(06-02-2021, 07:59 PM)DeepBlue Wrote:
(06-02-2021, 05:27 PM)ForeverPompey Wrote:
(06-02-2021, 05:20 PM)Pangus Wrote: What is Jackett's problem with Williams? In that great recent run of ours he was the inspiration and outstanding. Now he can't get a start or get on from the bench. 
The situation regarding Hwula is simply baffling. Why take him on for the season and then consistently leave him out of the squad altogether. How does Jackett justify bringing White on in that situation. 
I was also disappointed with Cannon today who was disappointing to say the least. Its that sort of inconsistency 
which is costing us. 
We all know where this season is heading i.e. to the play offs at best. And do we anticipate that with any belief, not with Jackett's record .

I think most people are baffled by this. Williams was clearly not tired and was creating so many chances so gets binned in favour of Harness who has been struggling lately. KJ cannot please everyone with his selections but it would be good if he pleased some of us, some of the time))

Why be baffled ? We are playing every Saturday & Tuesday for the forseeable future so there is bound to be rotation, and Harness & Williams are an obvious pair to rotate when playing Harrison up with Marquis. 
Curtis & Jacobs (if he gets fit again), and Brown & Daniels can also expect to get rotated.

Because you don’t rotate by dropping your best player when he is still fresh, the one that makes things happen.. the one the opposition are scared of and say.. ‘ah well we’ll drop a few points but hey at least Williams is fresh for the next game’. Even Eisner sounds as if he’s tired of KJ failure.

RE: vs plymouth - Pedalo_menders - 07-02-2021

Plymouth are the team with the worst away record in the league. Something has gone awry when you're scraping a point against them at home.

RE: vs plymouth - DeepBlue - 07-02-2021

(07-02-2021, 03:33 PM)Pedalo_menders Wrote: Plymouth are the team with the worst away record in the league. Something has gone awry when you're scraping a point against them at home.

Fact check : Plymouth are not the team with the worst away record in the league  

but more relevant is that they were on a run of 4 wins 2 draws coming into the game, so while we would expect to beat them anyway it was not a shock result against the run of form. 

And our target before the game was to catch Hull in second so we caught up one point with them so not a disastrous afternoon, just a frustrating one.

RE: vs plymouth - Hammie - 07-02-2021

I can't blame the manager for sending out a team that was so on top in the first half but failed to score. 16 corners and no goals is down to the players not the manager.
He got one of the subs spot on.
I fully expect to see us back to one up front on Tuesday as we don't appear to have a pair that can play together.

RE: vs plymouth - Isaac Hunt - 07-02-2021

Fear not ,it is progress loss,loss,draw.
And that come back could be our Mendes moment.

RE: vs plymouth - Pedalo_menders - 07-02-2021

Looking more likely that it'll be Lincoln & Doncaster who are the ones to catch. Still waiting for them to have a wobble

RE: vs plymouth - Tomsk - 07-02-2021

Isaac its Loss Loss Win Draw I think..

RE: vs plymouth - bluetagagain - 08-02-2021

Automatics not gonna happen. Kenny is our king

RE: vs plymouth - slayer - 08-02-2021

Game went according to the statistical model. Pompey v Plymouth was marked up as 1.49xg - 1.40xg

https://footystats.org/england/portsmouth-fc-vs-plymouth-argyle-fc-h2h-stats#1069014

RE: vs plymouth - Isaac Hunt - 08-02-2021

(07-02-2021, 07:58 PM)Tomsk Wrote: Isaac its Loss Loss Win Draw I think..

Talking about our dire home performances Tomsk

RE: vs plymouth - mikey393 - 08-02-2021

Just watched the Highlights from the O.S. observations as follows:

Pompey started pretty well & Harrison had a couple of decent long range shots.

Harness looked busy & unlucky Not to score early on.

Marquis did Nothing all game except run around a bit.

Both Plymouth goals were down to either No or bad marking of Jepthcot who can score from 6 feet.

Bolton, looked really on the pace & scored a Great Header. Jack will struggle to get back in the team.

Curtis, perseverance on chasing a ball to their goal line keeping in play then working an angle to score was sheer class.

I'd try Harrison & Hiwula as the 2 up front but could also use Williams or Harness there.

Hiwula is my preference as he adds the Xfactor with defenders Not knowing what to expect.

Yes, on paper we should have won easily but happy to settle for a point as until the 86th minute we weren't getting any.

Bringing Curtis on was the turning point but I'd say Bolton edged MOM.