TrueBlueArmy Forums
Desperation laid bare - Printable Version

+- TrueBlueArmy Forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com)
+-- Forum: TBA forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Play Up Pompey (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Desperation laid bare (/showthread.php?tid=1872)

Desperation laid bare - slayer - 31-05-2022

We have resigned Reeco

RE: Desperation laid bare - Hammie - 31-05-2022

he does have a good name for a footballer

RE: Desperation laid bare - TBP - 31-05-2022

Every manager is the same. They all have a favourite player they keep signing, who is complete rubbish. Anyone remember Mark Stimson? He came on loan and was rubbish, but Smith signed him the next season and he was still rubbish. Definitely a bad sign, though.

RE: Desperation laid bare - BilltheCat - 31-05-2022

Eamonn Collins, anyone? Alan Ball signed him at three different clubs, I believe.

RE: Desperation laid bare - briefcase_wanchor - 31-05-2022

Jesus. He’s never gonna be a decent player. Inconsistent and a liability. We’d be better off gambling on one of these non-leaguers DC keeps boring us about.

Already shows squad depth will yet again be a problem this year.

RE: Desperation laid bare - Hammie - 31-05-2022

I think we could definitely do worse for what is presumably a cheap squad player. He is improving. Will still have bad games, but who doesn't at this level? Seems a decent sub to bring on to add some energy, muscle and a few goals over the season.
Other than that he will play in a pompey shirt and deserves our support for that if nothing else.

RE: Desperation laid bare - slayer - 31-05-2022

Not going up with a bench like this

RE: Desperation laid bare - stayinupforever - 31-05-2022

(31-05-2022, 08:13 PM)Hammie Wrote: I think we could definitely do worse for what is presumably a cheap squad player. He is improving. Will still have bad games, but who doesn't at this level? Seems a decent sub to bring on to add some energy, muscle and a few goals over the season.
Other than that he will play in a pompey shirt and deserves our support for that if nothing else.

Not sure about muscle,gets knocked off the ball too much.

RE: Desperation laid bare - Pedalo_menders - 31-05-2022

DC plays him ahead of Jacobs. Tells you all you need to know really.

RE: Desperation laid bare - The Realist - 01-06-2022

Not too worried about squad players, got a decent contracted core of Raggett, Robertson, Ogilvie, Morrell, Curtis, Harness, Tunnicliffe & maybe Bass and its all about the quality DC can add this summer. I quite like Jacobs but like last summer Championship clubs don't come in for our out of contract players which should tell us something.

RE: Desperation laid bare - firqdays - 01-06-2022

Seemingly it is a reasonable punt by DC. 

Reeko should view this as a positive, if not final, opportunity to prove his potential as a squad player and perhaps more.

A gambling man would surely assess it as his 'last chance saloon' and, if he has the dedicated and wholehearted ambition to make it as a professional footballer then - from HAVANT & Waterlooville friendly onwards he should demonstrate that total ambition!

RE: Desperation laid bare - DeepBlue - 01-06-2022

Decent enough squad player, and useful for the bench cos he can play in lots of positions. 

Definitely some potential there and he has scored some good goals, but I would suggest he needs to find his best position and work at it cos at the moment there are better players here in every position he can play.

RE: Desperation laid bare - exgaffer - 01-06-2022

(31-05-2022, 07:01 PM)scumslayer Wrote: We have resigned Reeco

Presumably if he had actually resigned you’d have been happy?  Smile 

I think ‘desperation’ is overstating it a bit, but it certainly isn’t an inspiring signing that’s for sure. He’s a squad player at best on the evidence so far.

RE: Desperation laid bare - slayer - 03-06-2022

If we had better lined up we would be signing them. We don't.

RE: Desperation laid bare - slayer - 29-06-2022

And still don't a month later