TrueBlueArmy Forums
Ronan Curtis looks to be off - Printable Version

+- TrueBlueArmy Forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com)
+-- Forum: TBA forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Play Up Pompey (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Ronan Curtis looks to be off (/showthread.php?tid=1892)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: Ronan Curtis looks to be off - Ain’t got a Danny - 14-06-2022

Crunch time for the Cowleys for sure. If they fail the Eisners May decide they’ve had enough too and stick to BoJack horseman etc.

RE: Ronan Curtis looks to be off - Pedalo_menders - 14-06-2022

It just shows you how much focus the owners have, when on the opening day of the window they want to survey peoples favourite films. Pompey is barely on their radar.

We are less than a week away from preseason and have no new faces. Shambles doesn't begin to describe it.

RE: Ronan Curtis looks to be off - Pompeyg100 - 14-06-2022

(14-06-2022, 02:21 PM)Pedalo_menders Wrote: It just shows you how much focus the owners have, when on the opening day of the window they want to survey peoples favourite films. Pompey is barely on their radar.

We are less than a week away from preseason and have no new faces. Shambles doesn't begin to describe it.

Lol

RE: Ronan Curtis looks to be off - Smirnoffexpress - 14-06-2022

(13-06-2022, 05:26 PM)Harrysgirl Wrote: Well I must be missing something here…. We are a truly progressive club  eh ..we sell out most creative player and according to the radio tonight DC saying he can buy at least 2 players now as it also releases some wages .,, really ..have we sunk so low that we are happy with the status quo….or   if  we need to buy more than 2 which we clearly do……the  fee will be even less .. I am not asking to spend a fortune … just to be competitive ….  Also Curtis can’t be one of the big wage earners he was non league Ireland when we found him … It truly makes my blood boil … Let’s hope it is spent wisely although not convinced. 

Good luck Ronan we wish you all the best Thankyou for your service.

I am a season ticket holder of 40 years …my patience is wearing thin  the thinnest it has ever been …we fans seem to have accepted mediocrity and league 1 football and a mid table finish at best … I probably won’t renew I have had enough… I need to get that fire in my belly and to do that I need hope and passion … something that KJ and ME seem to have drained out of me …. I need to at least think  my beloved club are moving forward … on the pitch …and don’t think we are in 5 years . It all seems embarrassing … we can’t even compete with league 2 teams for players now … what has happened to my famous old club….

Can anyone offer anything to convince me we are on the up …on the pitch.

Feel the same.

RE: Ronan Curtis looks to be off - blueandwight - 14-06-2022

It looks as if the penny is beginning to drop where the Eisners are concerned. Day by day on the playing front we seem to be in a state of paralysis in all areas. Let's stop all this silly ill founded criticism of DC, whose got a near impossible job, and slagging off individual players, such as Curtis; we all know where the problem lies...it's across the pond.

They may have a passing interest in Pompey but they certainly have no understanding or gut feeling for English football and what it means to a city like Pompey and the surrouding area. We're fast becoming a joke, just look at the non-existant scouting system, the academy...indeed the whole b----y set up. We're going backwards at a rate of knots and yet again we are about to witness poor old Cowley grovelling around in the bargain basement and looking for loan players where the parent club helps out 'poor little Pompey' with wages and suchlike. It's embarrassing.

This country didn't do it's due diligence six years ago and we surely didn't do ours when these people took over our club twelve months later. Then we were a proverbial sleeping giant on our way to making an almost certain return to the Championship and we are now a sad little League One club that just happen to get larger home gates than our peers not to mention a fantastic away following. Two factors that seem to count for very little or nothing.

Doubtless the pro-Eisner camp will point to the ongoing work at Fratton Park. Work that should have started at least a couple of years ago and has finally gone ahead because of a significant threat to our aleady reduced capacity and potential income and the value of the ground as a piece of 'real estate'. What will it take to wake these people up? It simply doesn't cut it with me and a growing number of real fans. I think if you had a straw poll at this particular moment in time you'd be lucky to find more than 10% of supporters who think we've got any chance at all of winning promotion. Personally I fear a relegation struggle.

RE: Ronan Curtis looks to be off - Pompeyg100 - 15-06-2022

Lol

Stop the silly unfounded criticism of DC but continue the silly unfounded criticism of the Eisners?  People are allowed their opinions.

Lol, did they refuse to pick Jacobs? Did they change the system every other game? Did they choose Walker? Did they fail to get the players up for games?

Their only mistake is appointing DC imho.

RE: Ronan Curtis looks to be off - Rick Pumpkin - 15-06-2022

(15-06-2022, 06:24 AM)Pompeyg100 Wrote: Lol

Stop the silly unfounded criticism of DC but continue the silly unfounded criticism of the Eisners?  People are allowed their opinions.

Lol, did they refuse to pick Jacobs? Did they change the system every other game? Did they choose Walker? Did they fail to get the players up for games?

Their only mistake is appointing DC imho.

Now you go and wash your mouth out this minute!  We should be grateful the owners deigned to allow the appointment of the PE teacher, his brother and their non-league coaching mates.

No doubt Cowley has been dealt a bad hand so far, but the old adage 'you get what you pay for' has never been so appropriate.

He was dealt the hand he was expecting.

RE: Ronan Curtis looks to be off - briefcase_wanchor - 15-06-2022

It’s a clusterfuck from top to bottom.

RE: Ronan Curtis looks to be off - Rick Pumpkin - 15-06-2022

(15-06-2022, 08:31 AM)Pompeyg100 Wrote: He was dealt the hand he was expecting.

Yeah, except that's complete bullshit.  Like he expected to lose half the academy coaches over lack of investment in that area, same as he expected to lose several of his coaching staff and not be able to replace them.

Seriously, have a word with yourself, you let your hatred of Cowley cloud your vision. I'd rather he was managing at his level, say Gosport or Fareham, but really.

(15-06-2022, 08:49 AM)Rick Pumpkin Wrote:
(15-06-2022, 08:31 AM)Pompeyg100 Wrote: He was dealt the hand he was expecting.

Yeah, except that's complete bullshit.  Like he expected to lose half the academy coaches over lack of investment in that area, same as he expected to lose several of his coaching staff and not be able to replace them.

Seriously, have a word with yourself, you let your hatred of Cowley cloud your vision.  I'd rather he was managing at his level, say Gosport or Fareham, but really.

Calm down sweetheart, I don’t hate Cowley at all, I simply don’t want him to be manager.

Losing academy coaches didn’t have an impact on where we finished last season or the mistakes he made.