TrueBlueArmy Forums
Thompson to Peterborough - Printable Version

+- TrueBlueArmy Forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com)
+-- Forum: TBA forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Play Up Pompey (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Thompson to Peterborough (/showthread.php?tid=1893)

Pages: 1 2

Thompson to Peterborough - Pedalo_menders - 14-06-2022

The dream is over  Tongue

RE: Thompson to Peterborough - stayinupforever - 14-06-2022

Be interesting to see how he does.

RE: Thompson to Peterborough - Rick Pumpkin - 14-06-2022

Jordan Cross will be crying into his beer tonight - no more lazily written Thompson articles from him.

RE: Thompson to Peterborough - firqdays - 14-06-2022

For me another loss - I liked him , sound performances and looked as if he would improve and make a Championship player.

RE: Thompson to Peterborough - Pedalo_menders - 14-06-2022

If ever there was a deal on a plate to get done, that was it. Would improve the first XI, would get a lot of fans onside, would cost peanuts, would be worth more than you got him for.

RE: Thompson to Peterborough - Gerry Hatrick - 14-06-2022

I understand Thompson is not happy with the deal because his agent thought it was Portsmouth and he will scrap the transfer and still come here (desperately trying to keep the Thompson-to-Pompey rumours alive)

RE: Thompson to Peterborough - Pompeyg100 - 14-06-2022

(14-06-2022, 04:31 PM)Pedalo_menders Wrote: If ever there was a deal on a plate to get done, that was it. Would improve the first XI, would get a lot of fans onside, would cost peanuts, would be worth more than you got him for.

You’d sign him even if the manager didn’t want him?

RE: Thompson to Peterborough - Pedalo_menders - 14-06-2022

No, I'm trying to understand the decision making process. Something is clearly not working at the club. Any ideas what it is?

RE: Thompson to Peterborough - Hammie - 14-06-2022

(14-06-2022, 06:25 PM)Pedalo_menders Wrote: No, I'm trying to understand the decision making process. Something is clearly not working at the club. Any ideas what it is?

Their rumour department is not giving some of our fans enough rumours about signings to fill their empty hours of the summer?

RE: Thompson to Peterborough - Pompeyg100 - 14-06-2022

(14-06-2022, 06:25 PM)Pedalo_menders Wrote: No, I'm trying to understand the decision making process. Something is clearly not working at the club. Any ideas what it is?

The manager didn’t want him. I don’t like the bloke but if he doesn’t want him then he doesn’t have to sign him.

RE: Thompson to Peterborough - DeepBlue - 14-06-2022

(14-06-2022, 04:02 PM)firqdays Wrote: For me another loss - I liked him , sound performances and looked as if he would improve and make a Championship player.

?? He's been a Championship player for years.

RE: Thompson to Peterborough - firqdays - 15-06-2022

Sorry Deep, drifted into that one - Wrong Thompson ....!

RE: Thompson to Peterborough - JIMBON - 15-06-2022

Is it worth Danny speaking to Peterboro to see if we can get him on loan?

RE: Thompson to Peterborough - blueandwight - 15-06-2022

Surely a rhetorical question; it's pretty obvious there's a problem, a huge problem and it's at the top!

RE: Thompson to Peterborough - Rocketman - 15-06-2022

Morrell is better than Thompson, we've got Jacobs. Thompson didn't do much at Gillingham. End of...

RE: Thompson to Peterborough - Isaac Hunt - 15-06-2022

I blame efl ifollow calling us posh

RE: Thompson to Peterborough - Northstander - 03-09-2022

Don't think we missed out did we ?

RE: Thompson to Peterborough - slayer - 03-09-2022

He ran them today. But he would now struggle to get into our midfield. Should have spent £2M on him that Christmas

RE: Thompson to Peterborough - stayinupforever - 03-09-2022

I'd forgotten he was playing!

RE: Thompson to Peterborough - JIMBON - 03-09-2022

I think he is the first player this season to make Marlon Pack look average. He gave him no time on the ball, actually outjumped him a couple of times and was the hub of their side. That said it is pretty refreshing that we can still look a very decent side even when the opposition go all out to stop Packs influence and close down our back line with such a high press.

RE: Thompson to Peterborough - briefcase_wanchor - 04-09-2022

I thought Pack still bossed midfield and it was Lowery who suffered more at the hands of Thompson.

RE: Thompson to Peterborough - bluetagagain - 04-09-2022

I didn’t think we suffered at all. They only tried to crowd midfield because they played 352.

RE: Thompson to Peterborough - Dsection65 - 04-09-2022

(04-09-2022, 09:08 AM)bluetagagain Wrote: I didn’t think we suffered at all. They only tried to crowd midfield because they played 352.

I thought their no7 was excellent today. He picked up every spare ball and was always available.
Outshone Pack and Thomson in my opinion.

RE: Thompson to Peterborough - slayer - 04-09-2022

I thought their number 4 was vulnerable and will be there for the taking every game he plays. Hated physical contact and wanted to lump the ball as far as possible the moment a blue shirt was within 6 yards of him. I pitty them

RE: Thompson to Peterborough - bluetagagain - 04-09-2022

(04-09-2022, 09:19 AM)Dsection65 Wrote:
(04-09-2022, 09:08 AM)bluetagagain Wrote: I didn’t think we suffered at all. They only tried to crowd midfield because they played 352.

I thought their no7 was excellent today. He picked up every spare ball and was always available.
Outshone Pack and Thomson in my opinion.

Their number 7 was a handful but Pack is definitely the team conductor, everything revolves around him. 5 games in and I already make him POTS. The best signing for about half a dozen seasons if not more.