TrueBlueArmy Forums
Thompson to Peterborough - Printable Version

+- TrueBlueArmy Forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com)
+-- Forum: TBA forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Play Up Pompey (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Thompson to Peterborough (/showthread.php?tid=1893)

Pages: 1 2

RE: Thompson to Peterborough - slayer - 04-09-2022

Best signing since Doyle and Pitman IMO

RE: Thompson to Peterborough - bluetagagain - 04-09-2022

I’d say better. I don’t get the whole Pitman thing, personally I was quite disappointed in him. Much preferred Hirst ( 2nd half of last season) and currently Bishop or Scarlett. Doyle was very good for us and a great Captain but Pack is a playmaker and game changer.

RE: Thompson to Peterborough - slayer - 04-09-2022

Really? Hirst was a joke signing for the first half of the year. Pitman turned up with a bang and was the first proper goalscorer we had signed in about 5 years, maybe more

RE: Thompson to Peterborough - Hammie - 05-09-2022

All of the strikers suffered from the fixation with one up front, even our assistant manager said lower league strikers can't do it.

RE: Thompson to Peterborough - bluetagagain - 06-09-2022

(04-09-2022, 08:43 PM)scumslayer Wrote: Really? Hirst was a joke signing for the first half of the year. Pitman turned up with a bang and was the first proper goalscorer we had signed in about 5 years, maybe more
That’s why I put 2nd half of season in brackets. 
I enjoyed Jed Wallace or Connor Chaplin more than Pitman.

RE: Thompson to Peterborough - Hammie - 06-09-2022

(06-09-2022, 08:32 AM)bluetagagain Wrote:
(04-09-2022, 08:43 PM)scumslayer Wrote: Really? Hirst was a joke signing for the first half of the year. Pitman turned up with a bang and was the first proper goalscorer we had signed in about 5 years, maybe more

now if we had given Chaplin more game time (presumably in place of Pitman) which might have prevented his agent moving him on (I was there when Kenny made it very clear that he did not want Chaplin to leave) 
The last few years might have panned out rather differently....

RE: Thompson to Peterborough - Pedalo_menders - 06-09-2022

(06-09-2022, 07:48 PM)Hammie Wrote:

now if we had given Chaplin more game time (presumably in place of Pitman) which might have prevented his agent moving him on (I was there when Kenny made it very clear that he did not want Chaplin to leave) 

Perhaps, but Kenny played 1 up top. He would have tried to convert him to one of the attacking 3 behind the big lump. Who knows how that would have turned out?

RE: Thompson to Peterborough - DeepBlue - 07-09-2022

(06-09-2022, 07:54 PM)Pedalo_menders Wrote:
(06-09-2022, 07:48 PM)Hammie Wrote:

Perhaps, but Kenny played 1 up top. He would have tried to convert him to one of the attacking 3 behind the big lump. Who knows how that would have turned out?

Which is essentially where Ipswich are playing him, as one of the two behind a centre forward in a  3421.

RE: Thompson to Peterborough - slayer - 07-09-2022

That was inevitable with Chaplin. He isn't going to threaten a goal from a cross

RE: Thompson to Peterborough - dsmg - 07-09-2022

Scores a few with his head actually, right place right time

RE: Thompson to Peterborough - Isaac Hunt - 07-09-2022

As he did with his best ever goal for Pompey as I recall.
Mind you, it was his own cross.