TrueBlueArmy Forums
Groundhog Day - Printable Version

+- TrueBlueArmy Forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com)
+-- Forum: TBA forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Play Up Pompey (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Groundhog Day (/showthread.php?tid=1912)

Pages: 1 2

RE: Groundhog Day - exgaffer - 21-06-2022

(21-06-2022, 05:27 PM)Pompeyg100 Wrote:
(21-06-2022, 04:45 PM)Smirnoffexpress Wrote:
(21-06-2022, 03:34 PM)Pedalo_menders Wrote: Perhaps not a relegation battle but we are definitely looking at another slow start to the season. What a waste of a (another) year.

DC will  no doubt use it to train up some more Premier league youngsters ahead of our own players again.

And it’s the another year without real hope that grinds you down. I can take anything other than the vague hope that we will improve on the pitch. Sadly that looks a long shot with this administration.

Hope left us when DC got the job permanently after failing his trial.

Hope never leaves, it’s the hope that kills you  Smile .

I prefer to be an optimist, anything else just isn’t worth the effort and the disappointment.

We’ll have a competitive season I’m sure.

RE: Groundhog Day - Smirnoffexpress - 21-06-2022

(21-06-2022, 06:04 PM)A fewexgaffer Wrote:
(21-06-2022, 03:34 PM)Pedalo_menders Wrote: Perhaps not a relegation battle but we are definitely looking at another slow start to the season. What a waste of a (another) year.

DC will  no doubt use it to train up some more Premier league youngsters ahead of our own players again.

And it’s the another year without real hope that grinds you down. I can take anything other than the vague hope that we will improve on the pitch. Sadly that looks a long shot with this administration.

I prefer to be an optimist, anything else just isn’t worth the effort and the disappointment.

A few decent signings would give the whole place a lift but will we get anything other than barrel scraping cast offs Big Grin I just hope I can muster some hope Big Grin

RE: Groundhog Day - slayer - 21-06-2022

Eat what we kill bla bla bla (except we sell then blow the proceeds on shit loans)

RE: Groundhog Day - Pompeyg100 - 21-06-2022

(21-06-2022, 06:04 PM)exgaffer Wrote:

I agree, we’ll flirt with the playoffs several times but come up short.

Saying that, anything other than promotion however it is achieved is a failure.

RE: Groundhog Day - Pompeyg100 - 21-06-2022

(21-06-2022, 06:08 PM)Smirnoffexpress Wrote:
(21-06-2022, 06:04 PM)A fewexgaffer Wrote:

A few decent signings would give the whole place a lift but will we get anything other than barrel scraping cast offs Big Grin I just hope I can muster some hope Big Grin

There’s everything to suggest we will. Bazunu, Hirst (eventually) Morrell, Hume looks decent enough, O’Brien…. There’s hits and misses with his transfers. It’s the management of the players and the tactics which is the issue.

RE: Groundhog Day - Lawrence - 21-06-2022

Well I hope the harness transfer rumour is true. Another season with that inconsistent dipstick would be too much to bear.

RE: Groundhog Day - Gerry Hatrick - 21-06-2022

(21-06-2022, 06:23 PM)scumslayer Wrote: Eat what we kill bla bla bla (except we sell then blow the proceeds on shit loans)

After hearing this mantra for the last few years I am seriously considering going vegan.

RE: Groundhog Day - Hammie - 21-06-2022

The only thing I struggle with is a manager who has a whinge every single time he is interviewed.
He should talk to the likes of John Coleman and learn how to build a team on a budget and leave the financial conversations for in house meetings.