TrueBlueArmy Forums
Joe Pigott - Printable Version

+- TrueBlueArmy Forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com)
+-- Forum: TBA forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Play Up Pompey (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Joe Pigott (/showthread.php?tid=1920)

Pages: 1 2

Joe Pigott - essentialmix75 - 23-06-2022

With the season getting closer and closer, if we stand any chance of going up we will need a 15+ CF. Looking around at free transfers and players we could get. Pigott for me would be a no brainer. Ipswich have signed John-Jules on loan from Arsenal and Frddie Ladapo on a free. added to Kayden Jackson, Conor Chaplin and Sone Aluko, they are full of CF and Pigot looks like he will be well and truly out in the cold. Surely a offer of first team football could give us a shout, and we definitely need someone of his standing.

James Norwood on a free would also be a good shout. He would be loved here a tenacious coont, puts himself around and scores goals. (We love a tryer)

RE: Joe Pigott - slayer - 23-06-2022

That Chaplin lad looks worth a punt

RE: Joe Pigott - essentialmix75 - 23-06-2022

(23-06-2022, 06:36 PM)scumslayer Wrote: That Chaplin lad looks worth a punt

With out a doubt I would love him back. He look great against us last season in a roll that for me Jacobs would be excellent in.

Can he score 15+ in a season maybe with us lot right be hide him? Maybe...

For me Chaplin would be a keeper for them, Pigott less so..

RE: Joe Pigott - BlueArmy - 23-06-2022

The owners won't spend on players so we won't get any striker of quality. Just loans.

(23-06-2022, 06:48 PM)BlueArmy Wrote: The owners won't spend on players so we won't get any striker of quality. Just loans.

A player they got on a free that would be on good wages sitting doing nothing. Sounds a bit like us with John Marquis last season.

Maybe a free transfer or a loan deal could be done. Good for all parties. 

I can not see Hirst coming back, so we need to get on with it...

The owners don't want promotion. We won't sign any players of real quality. We will retain the players who aren't good enough like curtis Harness raggett etc.

RE: Joe Pigott - mikey393 - 23-06-2022

(23-06-2022, 06:32 PM)essentialmix75 Wrote: With the season getting closer and closer, if we stand any chance of going up we will need a 15+ CF. Looking around at free transfers and players we could get. Pigott for me would be a no brainer. Ipswich have signed John-Jules on loan from Arsenal and Frddie Ladapo on a free. added to Kayden Jackson, Conor Chaplin and Sone Aluko, they are full of CF and Pigot looks like he will be well and truly out in the cold. Surely a offer of first team football could give us a shout, and we definitely need someone of his standing.

James Norwood on a free would also be a good shout. He would be loved here a tenacious coont, puts himself around and scores goals. (We love a tryer)

I've already muted James Norwood on here when he was on their released list. 

The only problem is his age which goes against the Eisner's age profile but believe they need to be more flexible.

(23-06-2022, 07:05 PM)mikey393 Wrote:
(23-06-2022, 06:32 PM)essentialmix75 Wrote: With the season getting closer and closer, if we stand any chance of going up we will need a 15+ CF. Looking around at free transfers and players we could get. Pigott for me would be a no brainer. Ipswich have signed John-Jules on loan from Arsenal and Frddie Ladapo on a free. added to Kayden Jackson, Conor Chaplin and Sone Aluko, they are full of CF and Pigot looks like he will be well and truly out in the cold. Surely a offer of first team football could give us a shout, and we definitely need someone of his standing.

The only problem is his age which goes against the Eisner's age profile but believe they need to be more flexible.

They would be mugs to just dismiss somebody, just because of age. Harry prove this point when he was here.

RE: Joe Pigott - dsmg - 23-06-2022

Curtis, Harness and Raggett are three of our best players. They scored about 30 goals between em last year. Blue Army, methinks you’re on a wind up

RE: Joe Pigott - Pedalo_menders - 23-06-2022

(23-06-2022, 07:10 PM)essentialmix75 Wrote:

They would be mugs to just dismiss somebody, just because of age. Harry prove this point when he was here.

Mugs with no football knowledge or interest.

(23-06-2022, 07:18 PM)dsmg Wrote: Curtis, Harness and Raggett are three of our best players. They scored about 30 goals between em last year. Blue Army, methinks you’re on a wind up

Have we got promotion from league one with them?

No, so they're not good enough.

Retaining the same players who failed will bring the same results on the field I.e failure. 

I played professionally and you simply can't get promotion with players who aren't good enough.

RE: Joe Pigott - Hermann's_no_hermit - 23-06-2022

Oh dear. Seems like because Blue Army is an ex-pro, he is now our sole source of knowledge and we must all bow to his superior knowledge

Just to add, Harness, Curtis etc are extremely inconsistent players. They are also not team players. Raggett and Robertson get exposed by the better players in this league. It isn't their fault, they just aren't up to standard.

All the great league one teams are built on team players and players who are consistent.

I will say it again, we won't get promotion whilst these players are playing for Pompey.

RE: Joe Pigott - exgaffer - 23-06-2022

(23-06-2022, 07:22 PM)BlueArmy Wrote:
(23-06-2022, 07:18 PM)dsmg Wrote: Curtis, Harness and Raggett are three of our best players. They scored about 30 goals between em last year. Blue Army, methinks you’re on a wind up

Retaining the same players who failed will bring the same results on the field I.e failure. 

I played professionally and you simply can't get promotion with players who aren't good enough.

History is littered with teams who got promoted, or won cups, with players who the experts said weren’t good enough. It’s not about individuals alone, it’s about the team. I would back a good team to beat 11 technically better individuals any day of the week.

(23-06-2022, 07:32 PM)exgaffer Wrote:

History is littered with teams who got promoted, or won cups, with players who the experts said weren’t good enough. It’s not about individuals alone, it’s about the team. I would back a good team to beat 11 technically better individuals any day of the week.

Unfortunately Harness, Curtis etc aren't team players either. They try ad do everything themselves. Robertson and raggett are team players but their position on the pitch is vital and it comes down to whether they are good enough and they aren't.

I respect everyone and their opinion on this board.

But a lot of people, and I'm not suggesting you btw, but many have their head in the sand.

My point is we keep failing with these players. Inconsistent, not team players.

You can't keep the same players who have failed and expect different results.

Give me 11 players who give 100% any day of the week. We want heart on the sleeve stuff.

And Raggett does come into that category...

(23-06-2022, 07:39 PM)essentialmix75 Wrote:

Give me 11 players who give 100% any day of the week. We want heart on the sleeve stuff.

And Raggett does come into that category...

Raggett gives his all, no doubt about that. 

So we are happy to fail as long as they give their all? Not me.

In this league, that's not enough. We need out of this league. I don't want another season of failure which it will be looking at who we have retained.

(23-06-2022, 07:37 PM)BlueArmy Wrote:

Unfortunately Harness, Curtis etc aren't team players either. They try ad do everything themselves. Robertson and raggett are team players but their position on the pitch is vital and it comes down to whether they are good enough and they aren't.

I respect everyone and their opinion on this board.

But a lot of people, and I'm not suggesting you btw, but many have their head in the sand.

My point is we keep failing with these players. Inconsistent, not team players.

You can't keep the same players who have failed and expect different results.

Never apologise for a different opinion, own it. Wink

RE: Joe Pigott - Pompeyg100 - 23-06-2022

(23-06-2022, 06:48 PM)BlueArmy Wrote: The owners won't spend on players so we won't get any striker of quality. Just loans.

They have before and am sure they will again. In fact they’ve said they will.

They never said they wouldn’t sign older players, they’ve just signed Pack ffs.

(23-06-2022, 07:27 PM)Hermann's_no_hermit Wrote: Oh dear. Seems like because Blue Army is an ex-pro, he is now our sole source of knowledge and we must all bow to his superior knowledge

A fibber is what he is.

RE: Joe Pigott - The Realist - 23-06-2022

Did you get promotion?

RE: Joe Pigott - mikey393 - 23-06-2022

(23-06-2022, 08:14 PM)Pompeyg100 Wrote:

Very Good point so No reason Not to go for Norwood.

RE: Joe Pigott - Pompeyg100 - 24-06-2022

(23-06-2022, 09:22 PM)mikey393 Wrote:
(23-06-2022, 08:14 PM)Pompeyg100 Wrote:

Very Good point so No reason Not to go for Norwood.

Unless DC doesn’t want him of course.

RE: Joe Pigott - bluetagagain - 24-06-2022

Maybe they are interested in Norwood, maybe they’re waiting to see what happens with O’Brien