TrueBlueArmy Forums
New Kit - Printable Version

+- TrueBlueArmy Forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com)
+-- Forum: TBA forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Play Up Pompey (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: New Kit (/showthread.php?tid=1924)

New Kit - Hammie - 25-06-2022

Nike moving to (back) to a kit lasting two seasons.
Good or bad?
I think good for all the reasons we know. 
Cost for kids kit, eco plastic use.

RE: New Kit - Pompeyg100 - 25-06-2022

(25-06-2022, 05:38 PM)Hammie Wrote: Nike moving to (back) to a kit lasting two seasons.
Good or bad?
I think good for all the reasons we know. 
Cost for kids kit, eco plastic use.

Can only be good. Although the kids shirts are ridiculously priced, as is all of the training kits.

RE: New Kit - slayer - 25-06-2022

No self respecting adult over the age of 25 wears a replica football shirt

RE: New Kit - briefcase_wanchor - 25-06-2022

(25-06-2022, 06:58 PM)scumslayer Wrote: No self respecting adult over the age of 25 wears a replica football shirt

I don’t and wouldn’t, but I’d not begrudge those that do - and remember they bring an important income to the club, regardless of how they look.

RE: New Kit - Hammie - 26-06-2022

I know Nike won't be interested but the club should investigate ranges of something for us older fans that make up a large part of the home crowd.
I would happily buy a proper cloth cap with a subtle bit of Pompey branding for example.

RE: New Kit - bluetagagain - 26-06-2022

I bought South*****n toilet roll

RE: New Kit - slayer - 26-06-2022

Would be interested to know how many shirts we sell per year on average. They cost £8 to make, Nike sell them to the club for £25 and they sell them to us for £45? So £20 profit for the club per shirt?

RE: New Kit - mike hunt - 26-06-2022

Whatever the price PFC sell them at ,its becoming too expensive for the av fan to buy, better to reduce the price and sell more, I mean  50 quid 
for a league one shirt is beyond the pale.

League 1 has nothing to do with it. The affordability of a football shirt to a supporter doesn't improve if the club is in the Premier League.

£50 is just beyond the pale full stop

RE: New Kit - Hammie - 26-06-2022

Some fans whinged like hell til they got a more expensive brand. Caitlin did what was asked and signed us up to among the best brands out there. I much preferred the cheaper options which also gave us unique kits rather than paying through the nose for identikits which don't even let us have our own three colours at times. But then I haven't bought a shirt for my self for years. I did buy the blue and pink shirt for my grandaughter whcih she really loved.

RE: New Kit - Pompeyg100 - 26-06-2022

(26-06-2022, 09:42 AM)scumslayer Wrote: Would be interested to know how many shirts we sell per year on average. They cost £8 to make, Nike sell them to the club for £25 and they sell them to us for £45? So £20 profit for the club per shirt?

I thought it was all operated by Nike? We don’t buy them off them, they operate the club shop don’t they?

I bet they cost a lot less than £8 to make too!

RE: New Kit - Pompeyg100 - 26-06-2022

(26-06-2022, 11:38 AM)Hammie Wrote: Some fans whinged like hell til they got a more expensive brand. Caitlin did what was asked and signed us up to among the best brands out there. I much preferred the cheaper options which also gave us unique kits rather than paying through the nose for identikits which don't even let us have our own three colours at times. But then I haven't bought a shirt for my self for years. I did buy the blue and pink shirt for my grandaughter whcih she really loved.

What brands would be cheaper?

We do buy them off them. That's their margin.

Incidentally for the curious, this is how outlet stores work. The reseller margin is passed onto the customer.

RE: New Kit - BilltheCat - 26-06-2022

(26-06-2022, 11:38 AM)Hammie Wrote: Some fans whinged like hell til they got a more expensive brand. Caitlin did what was asked and signed us up to among the best brands out there. I much preferred the cheaper options which also gave us unique kits rather than paying through the nose for identikits which don't even let us have our own three colours at times. But then I haven't bought a shirt for my self for years. I did buy the blue and pink shirt for my grandaughter whcih she really loved.

And Nike blue is not Royal Blue.