TrueBlueArmy Forums
Hawks - Printable Version

+- TrueBlueArmy Forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com)
+-- Forum: TBA forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Play Up Pompey (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Hawks (/showthread.php?tid=1931)

Hawks - Cunninglinguist - 27-06-2022

Saturday’s game could well see some trialists. It’ll be a chance for the excitable ones to demand the instant signing of anyone who even approaches the opponents goal. (What is Ahadme up to these days?)

Only a tenner and none of those nasty internet problems, so even Mikey could go.

Hopefully, someone with a bit of sense will be there and can give us some good insight about any new talent that might be on show. Sadly, Barmy can’t make it cos he’ll be on a piss-up in Bradford with his mates.

RE: Hawks - BlueArmy - 27-06-2022

Still no striker at the club and no quality defenders. The defenders we have at the club are exposed against half decent league one players as we see time and time again. Curtis and Harness have one good game in 7.

Only position we are OK in is midfield. Jacobs Morrell and Pack the only 3 half decent players we have.

Still if everyone tells themselves everything's alright and promotion is likely then of course it'll happen.......

RE: Hawks - Cunninglinguist - 27-06-2022

(27-06-2022, 05:14 PM)BlueArmy Wrote: Still no striker at the club and no quality defenders. The defenders we have at the club are exposed against half decent league one players as we see time and time again. Curtis and Harness have one good game in 7.

Only position we are OK in is midfield. Jacobs Morrell and Pack the only 3 half decent players we have.

Still if everyone tells themselves everything's alright and promotion is likely then of course it'll happen.......

Chuckle, nice try.

RE: Hawks - bluetagagain - 27-06-2022

There’s 7 of us going, booked a table etc £50 each ( not bad for a meal, drink and the game) plus it all helps the Hawks. Maybe we ( PFC) could borrow one of their strikers to help us out.

RE: Hawks - Pompeyg100 - 27-06-2022

(27-06-2022, 05:14 PM)BlueArmy Wrote: Still no striker at the club and no quality defenders. The defenders we have at the club are exposed against half decent league one players as we see time and time again. Curtis and Harness have one good game in 7.

Pack is now half decent? It would be better if you could remember what’ve posted previously.

Are any of your South American boyfriends due to play?

RE: Hawks - slayer - 27-06-2022

"Boyfriends"?

RE: Hawks - Pedalo_menders - 27-06-2022

Ahadme is at Burton these days. He didn't really get a chance to play once the season started.

Interested to hear what people think of Pack. Appreciate its the first preseason game though!

Pompey are the new Spain. Who needs strikers? Lol

RE: Hawks - Cunninglinguist - 27-06-2022

Could argue that we started the first part of last season with no strikers.

RE: Hawks - Lawrence - 28-06-2022

(27-06-2022, 04:52 PM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: Saturday’s game could well see some trialists. It’ll be a chance for the excitable ones to demand the instant signing of anyone who even approaches the opponents goal. (What is Ahadme up to these days?)

Only a tenner and none of those nasty internet problems, so even Mikey could go.

Hopefully, someone with a bit of sense will be there and can give us some good insight about any new talent that might be on show. Sadly, Barmy can’t make it cos he’ll be on a piss-up in Bradford with his mates.

I used to like watching Havant occasionally but now they've got the plastic pitch (for understandable reasons) it's practically impossible to play actual football and watching it is like viewing a different sport. Gutted that Moneyfields is having to go the same way too, but sadly they need the money.

It's a shame because you just can't play decent football on it. Young players are learning the trade on a surface that not only fecks up their joints etc but bears no relation to how it's played on real grass.

I hope Jacobs doesn't play anyway.

RE: Hawks - Cunninglinguist - 28-06-2022

I think the modern version of the those awful astraturf pitches of old are a probably a vast improvement on what we probably experienced. Didn't England win a world cup qualifier on one, a few years back?

I think plastic pitches are stigmatised by past experiences.

RE: Hawks - Pompeyg100 - 28-06-2022

(28-06-2022, 11:35 AM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: I think the modern version of the those awful astraturf pitches of old are a probably a vast improvement on what we probably experienced. Didn't England win a world cup qualifier on one, a few years back?

I think plastic pitches are stigmatised by past experiences.

Probably in the same way that a top level grass pitch is a million miles away from the 80’s grass pitches.

Yeah, without a doubt.

Those pitches in the 70's/80s were something else.

RE: Hawks - bluetagagain - 28-06-2022

Watched the Kentish Cup match last Friday night at Westleigh. The UK armed forces V the French armed Forces,(1-1) , quite a good game, I believe the pitch is a G3 in that it has real grass interwoven with artificial stuff.

RE: Hawks - Hammie - 28-06-2022

with all the concern about plastic getting into the ocean and ultimately into our food, perhaps we should be improving the grass pitches rather than investing in even more plastic? The pitch at Fratton cost a lot to finally get it right but it is grass (I could well be wrong on that but no expert!)

RE: Hawks - Pompeyg100 - 28-06-2022

(28-06-2022, 06:11 PM)Hammie Wrote: with all the concern about plastic getting into the ocean and ultimately into our food, perhaps we should be improving the grass pitches rather than investing in even more plastic? The pitch at Fratton cost a lot to finally get it right but it is grass (I could well be wrong on that but no expert!)

Grass with synthetic fibers woven in I believe.

(28-06-2022, 06:11 PM)Hammie Wrote: with all the concern about plastic getting into the ocean and ultimately into our food, perhaps we should be improving the grass pitches rather than investing in even more plastic? The pitch at Fratton cost a lot to finally get it right but it is grass (I could well be wrong on that but no expert!)

You expecting a high tide, Hammie?

RE: Hawks - Hammie - 28-06-2022

nope but everytime you water/fertilise land/grass there is run off which ultimately ends up down the storm drains and into the sea. Around here direct into Langstone harbour thanks to the lovely people at Southern Water

RE: Hawks - Cunninglinguist - 29-06-2022

I was being flippant but I agree with you, we’re quickly poisoning our planet.

RE: Hawks - Northstander - 29-06-2022

Looks like Dan Gifford will be involved on Saturday at WLP for sure. Not having any other strikers DC called up a recently signed Academy Striker Destiny Ojo to train with the 1st team squad. Ojo broke his ankle on Monday. Bad luck for the lad