TrueBlueArmy Forums
Why aren't people massively concerned with the state of our squad???? - Printable Version

+- TrueBlueArmy Forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com)
+-- Forum: TBA forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Play Up Pompey (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Why aren't people massively concerned with the state of our squad???? (/showthread.php?tid=1932)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: Why aren't people massively concerned with the state of our squad???? - BlueArmy - 28-06-2022

(28-06-2022, 06:59 PM)Cressers Wrote: I doubt if Pompey could offer £15m when the current rebuilding at FP is costed at £10m.

(28-06-2022, 07:03 PM)billyb Wrote: By my calculations, the club are 2 million+ shy of the maximum player budget they could exercise. This is based on pre-covid revenues (2020) of 11.28 million, a League One imposed cap of 60% of that, and a current playing budget of around 4.5 million. 

Is this correct?

I know it's not my money, but I would really appreciate the club using their commercial status to invest a little extra in getting us promoted. Thoughts?

I agree completely.  The reason the club won't invest is because they don't want promotion and are happy to stay in league one. Sadly it is that simple. The money is there but they won't invest it. Not even 500k for Hirst.

RE: Why aren't people massively concerned with the state of our squad???? - Cowespompey - 28-06-2022

The football side of the club is a shambles , no strikers and we’re a week into preseason training . Unbelievable

RE: Why aren't people massively concerned with the state of our squad???? - Pangus - 28-06-2022

Great post from BlueArmy.

My plea to the owners: This season coming up is crucial for the future of our club. Although the season ticket take-up appears to be good there cannot be any doubt that the fans will simply not tolerate another season in which we fail to get promoted. You must back the Manager to the  hilt i.e. he must be given the money that will enable him to buy two strikers of sufficient quality. That money will be well spent if we achieve our goals through such investment.

RE: Why aren't people massively concerned with the state of our squad???? - Pompeyg100 - 28-06-2022

(28-06-2022, 07:05 PM)BlueArmy Wrote:
(28-06-2022, 06:59 PM)Cressers Wrote: I doubt if Pompey could offer £15m when the current rebuilding at FP is costed at £10m.

(28-06-2022, 07:03 PM)billyb Wrote: By my calculations, the club are 2 million+ shy of the maximum player budget they could exercise. This is based on pre-covid revenues (2020) of 11.28 million, a League One imposed cap of 60% of that, and a current playing budget of around 4.5 million. 

Is this correct?

I know it's not my money, but I would really appreciate the club using their commercial status to invest a little extra in getting us promoted. Thoughts?

I agree completely.  The reason the club won't invest is because they don't want promotion and are happy to stay in league one. Sadly it is that simple. The money is there but they won't invest it. Not even 500k for Hirst.

3 out of 10, must try harder.

RE: Why aren't people massively concerned with the state of our squad???? - Cunninglinguist - 28-06-2022

I’ll take my hat off to you, Barmy. Trawlers don’t catch this many fish.

Pangus is the newest catch

RE: Why aren't people massively concerned with the state of our squad???? - Rick Pumpkin - 29-06-2022

(28-06-2022, 09:34 PM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: I’ll take my hat off to you, Barmy. Trawlers don’t catch this many fish.

Pangus is the newest catch

He's a regular Captain Birdseye isn't he?

RE: Why aren't people massively concerned with the state of our squad???? - Rick Pumpkin - 29-06-2022

(28-06-2022, 05:16 PM)BlueArmy Wrote: Despite Rodgers keeness to see Hirst in pre season, and with a year left on his contract, i can confirm Pompey had the opportunity to buy Hirst permanently for approximately £500,000 but we refused to pay this. Hirst wanted / wants to comeback too.

Another example of how unambitious this club is.

My contact at the club tells me they're looking into this statement because it's patently untrue.  It seems they do read this messageboard daily after all.

BA, there is an extradition agreement in place between SA and the UK, so start packing for the journey son (although your IP address shows you as being a lot closer to Pompey than that Big Grin )

RE: Why aren't people massively concerned with the state of our squad???? - kindofblue - 29-06-2022

(28-06-2022, 06:09 PM)Hammie Wrote: Whether I'm concerned massively or otherwise won't change a thing.
So mine's a Moretti thanks.

Try an Ischuna mate- great Sardinian beer, nicer than Moretti…..

RE: Why aren't people massively concerned with the state of our squad???? - exterminator - 29-06-2022

BlueArmy outed - Fareham to Cape Town !!!

"BlueArmy 
Established Regular

Threads: 18
Likes Given: 58

14-03-2022, 04:17 PM

I'm based in fareham but can meet down Pompey etc if easier.

For this game i am going alone so don't really want to go on the coach on my own"

RE: Why aren't people massively concerned with the state of our squad???? - bluetagagain - 29-06-2022

Keeping with current trends can I say I’m super massively unconcerned

RE: Why aren't people massively concerned with the state of our squad???? - oi oi saveloy - 29-06-2022

(29-06-2022, 10:25 AM)exterminator Wrote: BlueArmy outed 

For this game i am going alone”

I bet that happens a lot

RE: Why aren't people massively concerned with the state of our squad???? - Mattchoman - 29-06-2022

At the start of June I said I was concerned, but no more concerned than I was going into the previous season. Now we are heading rapidly towards July and I am starting to get concerned that we will be closer to the bottom than we should ever be.

We are lacking in so many areas and I cannot fathom how Cowley can get the 5/6 players in that we need (at a minimum) and then bed them in for the start of the season. Not to mention we are only living off scraps so we can only get the dregs leftover by other teams.

We desperately lacked a focal point in attack for most of the season and I cannot understand how that was not addressed early doors. I haven't even seen us linked with anyone of any real quality and the latest rumour is some Barnsley reject who has trouble finding the net. Not great when that's what we desperately need.

We also need a Goalkeeper, 2 defenders, another midfielder, a winger and another striker. One of the latter 2 positions has to have some real pace because we are lacking that desperately.

Also, I really hope Cowley isnt looking at Bass at the no.1. Big Baz must have gained us 12+ points last season on his own and Bass isn't as good + is horrible in the air.

(29-06-2022, 01:26 PM)Mattchoman Wrote: At the start of June I said I was concerned, but no more concerned than I was going into the previous season. Now we are heading rapidly towards July and I am starting to get concerned that we will be closer to the bottom than we should ever be.

We are lacking in so many areas and I cannot fathom how Cowley can get the 5/6 players in that we need (at a minimum) and then bed them in for the start of the season. Not to mention we are only living off scraps so we can only get the dregs leftover by other teams.

We desperately lacked a focal point in attack for most of the season and I cannot understand how that was not addressed early doors. I haven't even seen us linked with anyone of any real quality and the latest rumour is some Barnsley reject who has trouble finding the net. Not great when that's what we desperately need.

We also need a Goalkeeper, 2 defenders, another midfielder, a winger and another striker. One of the latter 2 positions has to have some real pace because we are lacking that desperately.

Also, I really hope Cowley isnt looking at Bass at the no.1. Big Baz must have gained us 12+ points last season on his own and Bass isn't as good + is horrible in the air.

Wow, BA disappears and, well...

RE: Why aren't people massively concerned with the state of our squad???? - Pompeyg100 - 29-06-2022

(29-06-2022, 01:26 PM)Mattchoman Wrote: At the start of June I said I was concerned, but no more concerned than I was going into the previous season. Now we are heading rapidly towards July and I am starting to get concerned that we will be closer to the bottom than we should ever be.

Living off scraps and dregs?! Lol good one BA.

(29-06-2022, 01:32 PM)Pompeyg100 Wrote: Living off scraps and dregs?! Lol good one BA.

You'd think by now his day centre would keep him away from the computers.

RE: Why aren't people massively concerned with the state of our squad???? - BilltheCat - 29-06-2022

(29-06-2022, 09:09 AM)kindofblue Wrote:
(28-06-2022, 06:09 PM)Hammie Wrote: Whether I'm concerned massively or otherwise won't change a thing.

Ichnusa.

RE: Why aren't people massively concerned with the state of our squad???? - BabaOReally - 29-06-2022

Creating ad-hoc alter egos to "agree" with his wumming b0llocks. It's definitely Pete.

RE: Why aren't people massively concerned with the state of our squad???? - Hammie - 29-06-2022

(29-06-2022, 04:42 PM)BilltheCat Wrote:

Ichnusa.

If I instruct Mrs Hammie to get the beer with the Mafia bloke on it, she can identify Morretti.
How do I describe Ischuna please. I do like an Italian type beer in the Summer

RE: Why aren't people massively concerned with the state of our squad???? - kindofblue - 29-06-2022

(29-06-2022, 04:42 PM)BilltheCat Wrote:

Ichnusa.

Sorry-I’ve just had three and the label went all blurry……