TrueBlueArmy Forums
Get ready for the meltdown - Printable Version

+- TrueBlueArmy Forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com)
+-- Forum: TBA forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Play Up Pompey (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Get ready for the meltdown (/showthread.php?tid=1938)

Pages: 1 2 3

Get ready for the meltdown - Pompeyg100 - 30-06-2022

AOB joins the shrews

RE: Get ready for the meltdown - 2_Kuhl - 30-06-2022

(30-06-2022, 11:54 AM)Pompeyg100 Wrote: AOB joins the shrews

I'm happy to see him sign for an ambitious side like Shrewsbury.

RE: Get ready for the meltdown - Tomsk - 30-06-2022

Bit of a shame, and a bit of a surprise tbh.
I think I may feel a bit of a damp patch!

RE: Get ready for the meltdown - Northstander - 30-06-2022

DC quoted earlier today saying communication with AOB was continuing. Well it won't be now................

RE: Get ready for the meltdown - Pedalo_menders - 30-06-2022

It's all part of the strategy. Have a player that wants to stay and says so publicly. Ignore him for a month. Send him a derisory offer. Ignore for another few weeks. Show surprise that he signed for someone else.

RE: Get ready for the meltdown - Pompeyg100 - 30-06-2022

(30-06-2022, 12:08 PM)Northstander Wrote: DC quoted earlier today saying communication with AOB was continuing. Well it won't be now................

What a plum.

(30-06-2022, 12:14 PM)Pompeyg100 Wrote:
(30-06-2022, 12:08 PM)Northstander Wrote: DC quoted earlier today saying communication with AOB was continuing. Well it won't be now................

What a plum.

Shows how clueless the club is. No idea what is going on.

(30-06-2022, 12:19 PM)Pedalo_menders Wrote:
(30-06-2022, 12:14 PM)Pompeyg100 Wrote:

What a plum.

Shows how clueless the club is. No idea what is going on.

I’d say it shows how clueless the manager is. Players want to feel wanted and he clearly either hasn’t been hearing from DC or doesn’t have the respect for him to be honest.

Arry would have had him locked in the spare room with Sandra taking him tea and cake until he signed.

RE: Get ready for the meltdown - slayer - 30-06-2022

Sure I'll have a pint of meltdown please. The boy wanted to be here and we won't find better, we fucked about and we found out

RE: Get ready for the meltdown - BlueArmy - 30-06-2022

So O Brien rejects us and signs for the mighty Shrewsbury. Obviously we are unwilling to compete with Shrewsbury on player wages.

This again is a utter disgrace.

If there was any proof further happy clappers that things are terribly wrong at this club, this is evidence of it. No positive spin can be put on this.

Get them all out of our club now.

RE: Get ready for the meltdown - exgaffer - 30-06-2022

OK, NOW I’m getting concerned.

Probably down to the fact that we treated him contemptuously (apparently).

I’ll await an explanation from the club, hopefully it will be convincing.

RE: Get ready for the meltdown - 2_Kuhl - 30-06-2022

(30-06-2022, 12:40 PM)exgaffer Wrote:

OK, NOW I’m getting concerned.

Probably down to the fact that we treated him contemptuously (apparently).

I’ll await an explanation from the club, hopefully it will be convincing.

It won't be. You should know better than that.

(30-06-2022, 12:35 PM)BlueArmy Wrote: So O Brien rejects us and signs for the mighty Shrewsbury. Obviously we are unwilling to compete with Shrewsbury on player wages.

This again is a utter disgrace.

If there was any proof further happy clappers that things are terribly wrong at this club, this is evidence of it. No positive spin can be put on this.

Get them all out of our club now.

You knew this was happening though right? Did your sources forget to tell you about this?

RE: Get ready for the meltdown - Tomsk - 30-06-2022

If the manager didn't really fancy him, for whatever reason, its pointless him being here tbf. Disappointing from my point of view but then I'm not the one who has to make decisions.

RE: Get ready for the meltdown - Kingo - 30-06-2022

The manager prefers players like Walker

RE: Get ready for the meltdown - briefcase_wanchor - 30-06-2022

I wouldn’t be concerned at missing out on AOB if
- this was 2-3 weeks ago
- we had other strikers on board
- there was real reassurance that there were other realistic irons in the fire
- we had lost out to a rival or greater
As none of those are true, this could soon resemble a scene from Dads Army.

RE: Get ready for the meltdown - Daniel - 30-06-2022

(30-06-2022, 01:29 PM)Kingo Wrote: The manager prefers players like Walker

You can’t blame Cowley for walker he is a signing on paper that should of worked and when we signed him every supporter was happy with it.

Walker just didn’t fancy it in league one and had no confidence!!

I imagine DC found out when Shrewsbury announced it on Twitter.

RE: Get ready for the meltdown - mike hunt - 30-06-2022

The trouble is the longer we go without signing a striker the more they will cost (as it looks like desperation) & if that's the case
will they want to really play for Pompey or just come for the money , like others we have signed. it feels that all our rivals are buying players yet we aren't !

RE: Get ready for the meltdown - DeepBlue - 30-06-2022

No player leaving is a problem as long as he is replaced with better.  So we'll have to wait and see if this is a good thing or a bad thing. We have lost a very effective substitute, he was far better coming off the bench than starting, so we need to find another one. 

Bit surprised at AOB though after all the things he said about loving it here. Doesn't show much ambition to go to Shrewsbury just for a few quid more.

(30-06-2022, 03:03 PM)DeepBlue Wrote: No player leaving is a problem as long as he is replaced with better.  So we'll have to wait and see if this is a good thing or a bad thing. We have lost a very effective substitute, he was far better coming off the bench than starting, so we need to find another one. 

Bit surprised at AOB though after all the things he said about loving it here. Doesn't show much ambition to go to Shrewsbury just for a few quid more.

I think you reflected the arrogance of the club quite well in that last paragraph.

RE: Get ready for the meltdown - Roybatty - 30-06-2022

[quote="DeepBlue" pid="32310" dateline="1656601385"]
No player leaving is a problem as long as he is replaced with better.  So we'll have to wait and see if this is a good thing or a bad thing. We have lost a very effective substitute, he was far better coming off the bench than starting, so we need to find another one. 

Bit surprised at AOB though after all the things he said about loving it here. Doesn't show much ambition to go to Shrewsbury just for a few quid 

Judging Shrewsburys signings so far,there showing more ambition than us

(30-06-2022, 03:03 PM)DeepBlue Wrote: No player leaving is a problem as long as he is replaced with better.  So we'll have to wait and see if this is a good thing or a bad thing. We have lost a very effective substitute, he was far better coming off the bench than starting, so we need to find another one. 

Don’t believe what players say DB!

(30-06-2022, 03:17 PM)Roybatty Wrote:

Bit surprised at AOB though after all the things he said about loving it here. Doesn't show much ambition to go to Shrewsbury just for a few quid 

Judging Shrewsburys signings so far,there showing more ambition than us

At the moment yes but we’ve only made one signing SO FAR so we’ll see at the end of the window whether is still holds true or not.

RE: Get ready for the meltdown - slayer - 30-06-2022

Anyone Havant can loan us or too expensive?