TrueBlueArmy Forums
Pompey 1 up - Printable Version

+- TrueBlueArmy Forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com)
+-- Forum: TBA forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Play Up Pompey (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Pompey 1 up (/showthread.php?tid=1950)

Pompey 1 up - brian bromley - 02-07-2022

Tunnicliffe

oops make that two

RE: Pompey 1 up - Cressers - 02-07-2022

Still plenty of time to throw it away...

RE: Pompey 1 up - Gerry Hatrick - 02-07-2022

(02-07-2022, 03:21 PM)Cressers Wrote: Still plenty of time to throw it away...

What I like is that we are all starting the season 100% behind the team and on such a positive, upbeat note....[Image: wink.png]

RE: Pompey 1 up - DeepBlue - 02-07-2022

I went along this afternoon and thoroughly enjoyed it. 

The first team in the first half looked solid and kept the ball well, but possibly too much and for too long but there were some nice passing movements. Triallist centre forward from Bournemouth (Saydee?) took 15 minutes to even touch the ball because he could never get in the right position but when he did he showed some nice touches and defenders bounced off him cos he's built like a brick shit-house, but the nice touches ran out when he got near or in the box. It was easy to see why he has never scored in his career.  He'll be good for someone like Havant, but too slow and too immobile for us on that showing.  Nice to see every first team player except Pack & Jacobs there, and all looked quite well motivated. Tunnicliffe & Harness combined well down the right. 

Second half was much more interesting, with an entire new team on the pitch.  Don't know who the Triallist in goal, right back and right wing were but the keeper was too small, the right back too hesitant, but the right winger looked useful.  Andre Wisdom played centre back and was a class above the rest as you would expect from someone who has played in the Premiership for Liverpool and was sold for £4.5m, but he looked very overweight and about 40 even though he is only 29. Liam Vincent looked very bright (reminded me of a young Matty Taylor), Haji Mnoga looked a much more mature player than when I'd last seen him and I would say both could play first team quite comfortably.  

But the one who really caught the eye was Harry Jewitt-White, who showed speed of touch and thought way above his years and just looks a very intelligent player. Probably needs the right loan spell to give him games, but I think there is a real prospect for the future there.

RE: Pompey 1 up - farq2 - 02-07-2022

(02-07-2022, 04:33 PM)DeepBlue Wrote: I went along this afternoon and thoroughly enjoyed it. 

The first team in the first half looked solid and kept the ball well, but possibly too much and for too long but there were some nice passing movements. Triallist centre forward from Bournemouth (Saydee?) took 15 minutes to even touch the ball because he could never get in the right position but when he did he showed some nice touches and defenders bounced off him cos he's built like a brick shit-house, but the nice touches ran out when he got near or in the box. It was easy to see why he has never scored in his career.  He'll be good for someone like Havant, but too slow and too immobile for us on that showing.  Nice to see every first team player except Pack & Jacobs there, and all looked quite well motivated. Tunnicliffe & Harness combined well down the right. 

Second half was much more interesting, with an entire new team on the pitch.  Don't know who the Triallist in goal, right back and right wing were but the keeper was too small, the right back too hesitant, but the right winger looked useful.  Andre Wisdom played centre back and was a class above the rest as you would expect from someone who has played in the Premiership for Liverpool and was sold for £4.5m, but he looked very overweight and about 40 even though he is only 29. Liam Vincent looked very bright (reminded me of a young Matty Taylor), Haji Mnoga looked a much more mature player than when I'd last seen him and I would say both could play first team quite comfortably.  

But the one who really caught the eye was Harry Jewitt-White, who showed speed of touch and thought way above his years and just looks a very intelligent player. Probably needs the right loan spell to give him games, but I think there is a real prospect for the future there.

About right DB

RE: Pompey 1 up - Pedalo_menders - 02-07-2022

Thabks for the report. I think the chap in goal was from spurs?

(02-07-2022, 04:45 PM)Pedalo_menders Wrote: Thabks for the report. I think the chap in goal was from spurs?

Yes I heard that.

But unless it's Spurs U12s and he has still got some growing to do then can't see it somehow. Made some cracking shot-stopping saves in the warm up though, but then Yoshi could do that too.

And I meant to say Jay Mingi looked good too, very pacy. But he needs to stay on his feet more, looks like he has been training in the Nathan Thompson School for Winning Free Kicks.

RE: Pompey 1 up - farq2 - 02-07-2022

(02-07-2022, 05:06 PM)DeepBlue Wrote: And I meant to say Jay Mingi looked good too, very pacy. But he needs to stay on his feet more, looks like he has been training in the Nathan Thompson School for Winning Free Kicks.
Possibly unfortunately for us (as most people think he will leave) Harness looked easily our best attacking player.

RE: Pompey 1 up - dsmg - 02-07-2022

What was the score?

RE: Pompey 1 up - Cressers - 02-07-2022

0 - 3.

RE: Pompey 1 up - Northstander - 02-07-2022

It was an Ex Spurs keeper Joshua Oluwayemi apparently

RE: Pompey 1 up - BlueArmy - 02-07-2022

We are going nowhere with that team. Not impressed by today.

RE: Pompey 1 up - Tomsk - 02-07-2022

(02-07-2022, 08:36 PM)BlueArmy Wrote: We are going nowhere with that team. Not impressed by today.

Wink

RE: Pompey 1 up - bluetagagain - 03-07-2022

Just thought I’d jot a few comments from yesterdays game now I’m home and sober lol. Pretty much agree with Deeps analysis. I thought the Saydee lad put himself about isn’t the fox in the box we so badly need. The triallist keeper from Spurs was ok,he isn’t gonna push Bass so I don’t think he’ll be for us . The ex Ipswich fullback Andoh looked promising as did our own Jamie Vincent. Andre Wisdom looks like he could be a handful and a bit of presence. The other triallist Brunell? From Middlesboro didn’t really do it for me . Reid and Mingi looked ok and could be decent squad players.
I’m not reading to much into the game as it’s a keep fit exercise and our midfield put in a shift. However we still desperately need a striker who is going to get 20+ otherwise I fear it’s pretty much like last season

RE: Pompey 1 up - Roybatty - 03-07-2022

Neil Allen was practically wanking over saydee

RE: Pompey 1 up - slayer - 03-07-2022

From the Bournemouth end, sounds like a loan is a done deal

RE: Pompey 1 up - bluetagagain - 03-07-2022

I wasn’t that impressed if honest , he did one or two good things but doesn’t like he posses much of a goal threat

RE: Pompey 1 up - Northstander - 03-07-2022

Looking through his history he is a striker who never scores ffs

RE: Pompey 1 up - BlueArmy - 03-07-2022

He's terrible. He won't even score a goal.