TrueBlueArmy Forums
Joe Rafferty - Printable Version

+- TrueBlueArmy Forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com)
+-- Forum: TBA forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Play Up Pompey (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Joe Rafferty (/showthread.php?tid=1979)

Joe Rafferty - bluetagagain - 10-07-2022

Looks like we held off the mighty Tranmere and signed Rafferty, looks like we’re flying him over to Spain

https://insidefutbol.com/2022/07/10/portsmouth-plotting-to-fly-player-over-to-spain-camp/567250/

RE: Joe Rafferty - DeepBlue - 10-07-2022

(10-07-2022, 09:07 AM)bluetagagain Wrote: Looks like we held off the mighty Tranmere and signed Rafferty, looks like we’re flying him over to Spain

https://insidefutbol.com/2022/07/10/portsmouth-plotting-to-fly-player-over-to-spain-camp/567250/

I thought they were coming home today or tomorrow ?

RE: Joe Rafferty - bluetagagain - 10-07-2022

I did too especially as we’re playing Bristol City on Tuesday

RE: Joe Rafferty - BlueArmy - 10-07-2022

Great, another defender. Not that we need strikers is it.

RE: Joe Rafferty - tl73 - 10-07-2022

It's nice to have another area of the pitch sorted out. Now Just a Keeper, 3 strikers and a winger to go!

(10-07-2022, 10:08 AM)tl73 Wrote: It's nice to have another area of the pitch sorted out. Now Just a Keeper, 3 strikers and a winger to go!

Why a winger ?  We've got four or five that can play wide already - Harness, Curtis, Reid, Jacobs, Hackett. I would not have thought that was a priority position unless someone leaves, although I'd admit one that can cross would be welcome  (and that might be Reid, who is the most 'proper winger' amongst them).

5 can play there, but Jacobs will have to play central a lot. Jacobs gets injured a bit and Reid and Hackett are coming back from injuries.

Or a positive spin, Jacobs is not injured at the moment and may not get injured ,Reid is currently fit and playing and Hackett is almost there. If we sell Curtis and Harness ( which I think would benefit us as a club as the whole front 3 or 4 need overhauling) then it would leave us as needing a new wideplayer/winger

that would be nice Smile

RE: Joe Rafferty - Pompeyg100 - 10-07-2022

(10-07-2022, 10:08 AM)tl73 Wrote: It's nice to have another area of the pitch sorted out. Now Just a Keeper, 3 strikers and a winger to go!

It’s not sorted, it’s a rumour and probably untrue.

Well two websites are reporting it,although I cant understand the flying to Spain part unless we're playing Bristol City out there.

RE: Joe Rafferty - Pompeyg100 - 10-07-2022

(10-07-2022, 11:35 AM)bluetagagain Wrote: Well two websites are reporting it,although I cant understand the flying to Spain part unless we're playing Bristol City out there.

Yeah 2 websites giving the same source, Alan Nixon.

RE: Joe Rafferty - slayer - 10-07-2022

If Nixon is tipping it then it's probably happening

It sounds very likely but it hasn't happened yet. The club is so desperate for signing news you can be sure it will be on the OS the moment it is completed.

The fact that the flying to Spain bit is obviously bollocks should have been a clue to the fact that the first bit is premature too.

RE: Joe Rafferty - slayer - 10-07-2022

Might be sitting on it so they can announce one out one in with Harness

RE: Joe Rafferty - BigSmokeBlue - 10-07-2022

I work with a Lilywhites fan and he wasn’t best complimentary about Rafferty. He’s got heart, but lacks technical ability. An average League one player at best, probably more suited to League Two. 

So unfortunately, it doesn’t sound like he’s any better than Freeman. You got to ask what’s the point in signing him if he adds no quality to the team or squad?

RE: Joe Rafferty - Tomsk - 10-07-2022

Oops!

RE: Joe Rafferty - Roybatty - 11-07-2022

(10-07-2022, 10:27 PM)BigSmokeBlue Wrote: I work with a Lilywhites fan and he wasn’t best complimentary about Rafferty. He’s got heart, but lacks technical ability. An average League one player at best, probably more suited to League Two. 

So unfortunately, it doesn’t sound like he’s any better than Freeman. You got to ask what’s the point in signing him if he adds no quality to the team or squad?

He's cheap

RE: Joe Rafferty - 2_Kuhl - 11-07-2022

(10-07-2022, 10:27 PM)BigSmokeBlue Wrote: I work with a Lilywhites fan and he wasn’t best complimentary about Rafferty. He’s got heart, but lacks technical ability. An average League one player at best, probably more suited to League Two. 

Building for League 2, Brick by Brick.

RE: Joe Rafferty - Pompeyg100 - 11-07-2022

Sounds like a DC player to me.

RE: Joe Rafferty - briefcase_wanchor - 11-07-2022

Snooze reporting he's been at Roko today to finalise the deal.