TrueBlueArmy Forums
Realistically ..... - Printable Version

+- TrueBlueArmy Forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com)
+-- Forum: TBA forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Play Up Pompey (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Realistically ..... (/showthread.php?tid=1980)

Realistically ..... - bluetagagain - 10-07-2022

who do you think we will sign or loan? I reckon another 5 players ( I'm assuming we've signed Rafferty).

Personally I think we'll sign Bishop (accy) and Wisdom (freebie),
and loan strikers Etete and Hirst from Spurs and Leicester and a keeper, Shepard from WBA.
That would give us ample cover in every area.

I feel we're covered in central midfield with Mingi,Thompson,Morrell,Tunnicliffe and Pack and wide/attacking midfield with Curtis,Harness,Reid,Hackett and Jacobs ( If we lose either Curtis or harness or both,then obviously we'd need one more wide player).

RE: Realistically ..... - DeepBlue - 10-07-2022

(10-07-2022, 11:31 AM)bluetagagain Wrote: who do you think we will sign or loan? I reckon another 5 players ( I'm assuming we've signed Rafferty).

Personally I think we'll sign Bishop (accy) and Wisdom (freebie),
and loan strikers Etete and Hirst from Spurs and Leicester and a keeper, Shepard from WBA.
That would give us ample cover in every area.

I feel we're covered in central midfield with Mingi,Thompson,Morrell,Tunnicliffe and Pack and wide/attacking midfield with Curtis,Harness,Reid,Hackett and Jacobs ( If we lose either Curtis or harness or both,then obviously we'd need one more wide player).

I'll be surprised if we get Bishop if MK Dons are seriously after him, but the others are realistic (assuming you meant Griffiths from WBA).  A Swansea striker or two might make Etete less likely, can't help thinking we could have already done that deal if necessary, which means he is probably an alternative to Hirst rather than a partner for him.

RE: Realistically ..... - Daniel - 10-07-2022

Would like joe piggot

(10-07-2022, 03:07 PM)Daniel Wrote: Would like joe piggot

So would I, but can't see Ipswich letting us have him unless they get Hirst.

(10-07-2022, 03:17 PM)DeepBlue Wrote:
(10-07-2022, 03:07 PM)Daniel Wrote: Would like joe piggot

So would I, but can't see Ipswich letting us have him unless they get Hirst.

I think they will get him. Bassey was probably the coach at dons when he went on that scoring run?

That might help if we go for him, but there is no evidence that he is one we are after.

To be fair Cowley usually keeps his cards close to his chest, but has been quite vocal about Colby bishop and George hirst I wonder if he is getting a bit sick of the board not getting his targets.

It’s usually the news that come out with names which then gets denied a few days later.

RE: Realistically ..... - bluetagagain - 11-07-2022

I would settle for Hirst Piggott and Afolabi

RE: Realistically ..... - mikey393 - 11-07-2022

(11-07-2022, 12:13 PM)bluetagagain Wrote: I would settle for Hirst Piggott and Afolabi

Hirst, Piggott & Norwood but probably don't have the budget!

RE: Realistically ..... - Hammie - 11-07-2022

we can't get hirst of he don't actually want to come, presumably he is trying for a champ club first?

RE: Realistically ..... - bluetagagain - 11-07-2022

Hirst does want to come back but it’s obviously up to Leicester.
I reckon Afolabi on a free, Pigott a loan with an option to buy and Hirst a loan.
I can’t see Norwood happening unless the Hirst deal doesn’t happen.

RE: Realistically ..... - Pompeyg100 - 11-07-2022

(11-07-2022, 09:08 PM)bluetagagain Wrote: Hirst does want to come back but it’s obviously up to Leicester.
I reckon Afolabi on a free, Pigott a loan with an option to buy and Hirst a loan.
I can’t see Norwood happening unless the Hirst deal doesn’t happen.

He would rather a champ club, he is saying nice stuff about us that’s all.

RE: Realistically ..... - briefcase_wanchor - 11-07-2022

(11-07-2022, 08:44 PM)Hammie Wrote: we can't get hirst of he don't actually want to come, presumably he is trying for a champ club first?

Seemingly he does want to come, if DC can be believed.  I know the Eisners may feel they've had their fingers a little scolded in the past with some poor striker recruitment in either fees (eg. Marquis/Harrison) or wages (eg. Walker), but if you need reassurance that your target is going to deliver then why not take a shot at one who has proved himself in the current set-up and team.  Seems like the one player they should be pushing the boat out for.  I'd have thought Leicester know by now what they intend to do with Hirst so make it happen.

RE: Realistically ..... - Pedalo_menders - 11-07-2022

(11-07-2022, 09:12 PM)briefcase_wanchor Wrote:
(11-07-2022, 08:44 PM)Hammie Wrote: we can't get hirst of he don't actually want to come, presumably he is trying for a champ club first?

Seemingly he does want to come, if DC can be believed.  I know the Eisners may feel they've had their fingers a little scolded in the past with some poor striker recruitment in either fees (eg. Marquis/Harrison) or wages (eg. Walker), but if you need reassurance that your target is going to deliver then why not take a shot at one who has proved himself in the current set-up and team.  Seems like the one player they should be pushing the boat out for.  I'd have thought Leicester know by now what they intend to do with Hirst so make it happen.

You could apply that logic to Whatmoughth and Thompson potentially. 

But a valid point about marquis and Harrison. Both Jackett signings though. Cowley wouldn't have done himself any favours with Walker though. Complete waste of money.

RE: Realistically ..... - bluetagagain - 12-07-2022

The pre season is always full of rumours so I thought I’d start my own lol,
Player swap , Harness for Hayden Carter.