TrueBlueArmy Forums
Marcus harness - Printable Version

+- TrueBlueArmy Forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com)
+-- Forum: TBA forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Play Up Pompey (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Marcus harness (/showthread.php?tid=1981)

Marcus harness - Daniel - 10-07-2022

Deals apparently been agreed with Swansea.

Will it be a straight fee or some Sort of player swap?

Cowley mentioned over the weekend hopeful of a few in next week wonder if this has something to do with that.

RE: Marcus harness - tl73 - 10-07-2022

Probably just a fee, player swaps are rare.

RE: Marcus harness - Cowespompey - 10-07-2022

(10-07-2022, 01:00 PM)Daniel Wrote: Deals apparently been agreed with Swansea.

Cowley mentioned over the weekend hopeful of a few in next week wonder if this has something to do with that.

It’s just a twitter rumour

RE: Marcus harness - ForeverPompey - 10-07-2022

Interesting to see. I know plenty of people are not fans of Harness but he is one of only 3 creative players at the club. If he goes we look bereft of anything good down the right. Would now need 2 strikers a keeper and a right sided creative player. Lots of work to do in 3 weeks.

RE: Marcus harness - DeepBlue - 10-07-2022

(10-07-2022, 01:00 PM)Daniel Wrote: Deals apparently been agreed with Swansea.

Seeing as we have been linked with at least 3 of their forwards I would be amazed if some sort of swap was not involved.

Kyle Joseph would be the best.

RE: Marcus harness - slayer - 10-07-2022

Hope it is more than a rumour. Player hasn't grown at all here and isn't going to, so can't be trusted with getting us promoted

RE: Marcus harness - Theyak2 - 10-07-2022

Is the twitter account real that is reporting the deal for Harness?
Saleable asset that we could let go I agree but boy, we are leaving it late.
Whoever comes in has 3 weeks to bed in and acclimatise.
Whatever way you look at this, it's far from the way we would like to go into the season.
Stadium has had more work on thand ican remember since the KJC was built. Infrastructure is looking good and the books must be one of the best if not the best in this league or the one above. 12000 tickets sold which says the fans are staying with them.its just the first team. It's a clusterfuck

RE: Marcus harness - Hammie - 10-07-2022

He probably does not really fit the high press ideal
So trade him for a striker and some cash to get another one.
Right wingers are not the hardest to find (as compared to left wingers) I imagine they have one in mind who enjoys a tackle more than Marcus does.

RE: Marcus harness - briefcase_wanchor - 11-07-2022

Two sides to this. Harness has been inconsistent and failed to get us promoted (not just his fault) so clearly is not the essential catalyst we need; and there’s a risk, if it’s a player swap, we get a reluctant cast off joining us. On the other hand, he is one of the few creative players we have and can DC find, relatively late in the day, an equal replacement.

RE: Marcus harness - Pedalo_menders - 11-07-2022

The way I see it is that the recruitment team have painted themselves into a corner. They have to get rid of one of our best attacking threats because they seemingly have no other way of obtaining a striker.

As someone mentioned though Right wingers aren't as hard to get hold of as left wingers; and I would extend that to strikers too. It's a big gamble but let's hope it pays off.

RE: Marcus harness - bluetagagain - 11-07-2022

He’s not even one of our best attacking threats , a wide player who can’t cross and misses more than he scores. Take the money and run .

RE: Marcus harness - Pompeyg100 - 11-07-2022

I expect he wants to leave.

RE: Marcus harness - Daniel - 11-07-2022

When he’s on it, he’s on it but that is so few and far between

RE: Marcus harness - West Australian Portsmouth Fan - 11-07-2022

My prediction at the end of last season was that Harness would go to a championship club and Curtis would stay at Pompey simply on how they both performed last season. Harness showed enough in my opinion when he was in form to say he was worthy of stepping up a division and Curtis just wasn’t in form nearly enough to warrant any club offering him a jump in league status or wages he desires. One thing that stuck out for me with Curtis was his corners which were constantly abysmal. Just big lumped goal kick style hoofs out of play more often than not which just doesn’t cut it at any level. That plus his telegraphed cutting inside to shoot and poor crossing. Very disappointed in him all round last season

RE: Marcus harness - DeepBlue - 11-07-2022

Tragedy in his personal life was probably a big contributor to his average form last year. 

And also the reason why I would not be surprised if he looks for a fresh start somewhere else this summer.

RE: Marcus harness - Cunninglinguist - 16-07-2022

So, he’s gone.

I don’t think I’ll miss him too much. He had that purple patch last season and then faded to obscurity at times. I loved watching his twists and turns but so often it resulted in very little.

I think his temper got found out well and truly. How he stayed on the pitch, in many games, was a wonder.

Ipswich fans excitement, at his signing, seems a lot greater than my disappointment.
A good squad player though.

I wish him well.

RE: Marcus harness - BigSmokeBlue - 16-07-2022

I’m struggling to see how this is a good deal? We’ve sold one of our best attacking players to a promotion rival. Let’s not forget how many crucial goals and assists he provided last season. If we are serious about targeting promotion next season, we need to keep players like Harness. Not help strengthen our rival?

I’m not sure how much we got for Harness, but I have my doubts that we will sign someone of equal or better quality.