TrueBlueArmy Forums
Josh Griffiths arrives on a season long loan - Printable Version

+- TrueBlueArmy Forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com)
+-- Forum: TBA forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Play Up Pompey (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Josh Griffiths arrives on a season long loan (/showthread.php?tid=1996)

Josh Griffiths arrives on a season long loan - BigSmokeBlue - 14-07-2022

now confirmed on OS:

https://www.portsmouthfc.co.uk/news/2022/july/griffiths-arrives-on-loan/

Bass will be delighted no doubt

RE: Josh Griffiths arrives on a season long loan - Northstander - 14-07-2022

I can see Bass moving on with Crawley it would seem the favourites

RE: Josh Griffiths arrives on a season long loan - BigSmokeBlue - 14-07-2022

(14-07-2022, 03:20 PM)Northstander Wrote: I can see Bass moving on with Crawley it would seem the favourites

Agreed. Cowley spoke very highly of our academy keeper Toby Steward in an interview this morning. He could well be our back up keeper this season to make room in the budget to recruit in others areas of the squad...strikers!

RE: Josh Griffiths arrives on a season long loan - Pedalo_menders - 14-07-2022

No senior Keepers on our books for next season then? What could possibly go wrong?

RE: Josh Griffiths arrives on a season long loan - briefcase_wanchor - 14-07-2022

Instant recall clause in the loan deal.

RE: Josh Griffiths arrives on a season long loan - Kingo - 14-07-2022

So we can't spend on a striker we know is a decent investment, but we can do this. His wages must surely be higher than Bass's, and financially it's money down the drain. When we seem to have none to spend

RE: Josh Griffiths arrives on a season long loan - Pompeyg100 - 14-07-2022

Hard to be pleased with this. I’m sure he’s a great keeper but he isn’t ours.

RE: Josh Griffiths arrives on a season long loan - fredscuttle`s hampton - 14-07-2022

(14-07-2022, 04:05 PM)Pompeyg100 Wrote: Hard to be pleased with this. I’m sure he’s a great keeper but he isn’t ours.

Seen this lad play a few times and not impressed.
Make your own judgements but how this lad gets into an England squad beats me.
doesn`t dominate his box and has a bad habit of parrying shots,straight to the opposition forwards....see youtube.
Did DC even watch this guy because he is not impressive.....maybe we are in panic mode.
Confidence is on the floor and the fans are in for a tough season.
Just keeping the budget low for the Eisners.....WBA paying main art of salary.

Still let`s be positive DC still has a bag of tapwashers to spend and the duffers and their hungry agents who haven`t got employment yet will be beating down the door at Fratton park next week to get a contract so the new striker will finally materialise over the horizon........should have kept"best striker i have ever worked with" .....Marquis!.........(quote DC)

(14-07-2022, 04:19 PM)fredscuttle`s hampton Wrote:
(14-07-2022, 04:05 PM)Pompeyg100 Wrote: Hard to be pleased with this. I’m sure he’s a great keeper but he isn’t ours.

doesn`t dominate his box and has a bad habit of parrying shots,straight to the opposition forwards....see youtube.
Did DC even watch this guy because he is not impressive.....maybe we are in panic mode.

Still let`s be positive DC still has a bag of tapwashers to spend and the duffers and their hungry agents who haven`t got employment yet will be beating down the door at Fratton park next week to get a contract so the new striker will finally materialise over the horizon........should have kept"best striker i have ever worked with" .....Marquis!.........(quote DC)

Can he pass the ball out from the back? That’s the only quality DC cares about.

RE: Josh Griffiths arrives on a season long loan - fredscuttle`s hampton - 14-07-2022

(14-07-2022, 04:19 PM)fredscuttle`s hampton Wrote:

RE: Josh Griffiths arrives on a season long loan - bluetagagain - 14-07-2022

The only thing I’m worried about ( same as last season) is that we haven’t backed our own goalkeeper., and even worse this season is Griffiths has a 24 hr recall in his loan contract and we’re probably going to sell Bass. We need to pick up an older senior keeper on a free eg. A Henderson type who is happy to bench warm and be cover.
Just need at least two strikers and a centre back.

(14-07-2022, 05:08 PM)bluetagagain Wrote: The only thing I’m worried about ( same as last season) is that we haven’t backed our own goalkeeper., and even worse this season is Griffiths has a 24 hr recall in his loan contract and we’re probably going to sell Bass. We need to pick up an older senior keeper on a free eg. A Henderson type who is happy to bench warm and be cover.

Baz had the clause too.

RE: Josh Griffiths arrives on a season long loan - Northstandgeorge - 14-07-2022

(14-07-2022, 05:20 PM)Pompeyg100 Wrote:
(14-07-2022, 05:08 PM)bluetagagain Wrote: The only thing I’m worried about ( same as last season) is that we haven’t backed our own goalkeeper., and even worse this season is Griffiths has a 24 hr recall in his loan contract and we’re probably going to sell Bass. We need to pick up an older senior keeper on a free eg. A Henderson type who is happy to bench warm and be cover.

Baz had the clause too.

Difference being man city had at least 3 other keepers ahead of Bazunu. West brom have only 2, any injury or suspension to either of those and they can recall at 24 hours notice. Bizzare decision would be to let Bass go under these cicumstances unless they loan him out with the same recall terms.

(14-07-2022, 07:11 PM)Northstandgeorge Wrote:
(14-07-2022, 05:20 PM)Pompeyg100 Wrote:

Baz had the clause too.

Difference being man city had at least 3 other keepers ahead of Bazunu. West brom have only 2, any injury or suspension to either of those and they can recall at 24 hours notice. Bizzare decision would be to let Bass go under these cicumstances unless they loan him out with the same recall terms.

I’m sure WBA have a kid they can stick on the bench if need be.

RE: Josh Griffiths arrives on a season long loan - Hammie - 14-07-2022

NC seems more interested in keeping other clubs happy than his own club's fans.