TrueBlueArmy Forums
Harness. Great business - Printable Version

+- TrueBlueArmy Forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com)
+-- Forum: TBA forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Play Up Pompey (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Harness. Great business (/showthread.php?tid=2003)

Pages: 1 2

RE: Harness. Great business - Pompeyg100 - 16-07-2022

(16-07-2022, 07:53 PM)DeepBlue Wrote:
(16-07-2022, 07:06 PM)Pompeyg100 Wrote:
(16-07-2022, 06:44 PM)DeepBlue Wrote: Whatever it was Ipswich met our asking price, which the championship clubs would not do.

We don’t know any champ clubs were even interested in him and I very much doubt they were.

Ok, let's go with the club have told the News that the championship clubs would not meet the asking price but they are obviously making that up to deceive their fanbase

Got a link? I’ve not seen that.

RE: Harness. Great business - slayer - 17-07-2022

Exterm, you cite family reasons for Piggott but in the same post when criticising Curtis, you leave out the family reasons which affected Curtis last season? Double standards wouldn't you say?

RE: Harness. Great business - dsmg - 17-07-2022

Exterm, Harness and Lardy Boy as you call him (not sure why) have scored 81 goals between them in 320 appearances, not bad for what are basically wingers. Hopefully we've got or will sign others with such a good return, although I doubt it, especially in Curtis' case as he's averaged over 12 goals a season for us.

RE: Harness. Great business - firqdays - 17-07-2022

Not sure about 'Lardy Boy' title, hope his performances deride that comment.

I reckon this half season until Christmas is make or break for Mr C.

RE: Harness. Great business - Pedalo_menders - 17-07-2022

Curtis' best chance to leave us, is if a club from the league where football careers go to die, (The SPL) comes in for him.

RE: Harness. Great business - bluetagagain - 17-07-2022

Do you work for MIND by any chance.

RE: Harness. Great business - Cunninglinguist - 17-07-2022

I hope for our sakes that Piggot does the business. He comes with a bit of promise, as do the others. I’ll keep an open mind until half a season has gone.

I learnt my lesson with Hirst.

RE: Harness. Great business - DeepBlue - 17-07-2022

He's a proven 20 goal a season striker, but then so was Marquis. 

It will all hang on who he gets to play up front with because he is not a 'on his own up front' type. His strengths at Wimbledon were his positioning and anticipation, I remember Guy Whittingham singing his praises when we played them comparing his strengths to  Marquis' weaknesses.

RE: Harness. Great business - exterminator - 17-07-2022

(17-07-2022, 08:08 AM)dsmg Wrote: Exterm, Harness and Lardy Boy as you call him (not sure why) have scored 81 goals between them in 320 appearances, not bad for what are basically wingers. Hopefully we've got or will sign others with such a good return, although I doubt it, especially in Curtis' case as he's averaged over 12 goals a season for us.

So either Harness or Curtis have scored between them roughly 1 in 4, or one of them has scored every eight matches - very poor.

Add to the fact that neither of them can/could put in a decent cross or put in a decent challenge.

I stand by my comment that Curtis is "lardy" now, never had much pace but is absolutely sloooowwwnow, he appears to have put on a few kg's since he first signed a few years ago. He doesn't seem interested unless playing left side and doing his one trick of cutting in & shooting - the sooner he is gone the better.

Oh yeah "diesel sucker" - I'm a lightweight !! Big Grin Big Grin

RE: Harness. Great business - bluebollox - 17-07-2022

Its only good business if he's replaced properly.

RE: Harness. Great business - exterminator - 17-07-2022

(17-07-2022, 07:37 PM)Santa release Claus Wrote: He's 28 and had scored 20 goals in a season once in his entire career.

Your "most creative player" the can't cross a ball, the cant tackle Harness has only scored 39 goals in his entire career, whilst Joe Pigott has scored 103 goals in his entire career.

So yes to get a proper goalscorer in and get our money back for Harness is "great business" - QED

RE: Harness. Great business - bluetagagain - 19-07-2022

Apparently went for an initial 600K plus add ons taking it just over 800k