TrueBlueArmy Forums
Westwood again. - Printable Version

+- TrueBlueArmy Forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com)
+-- Forum: TBA forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Play Up Pompey (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Westwood again. (/showthread.php?tid=2055)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

RE: Westwood again. - Cunninglinguist - 27-07-2022

Take away the alcohol influence and I think you would see very different behaviour.

Prevent anyone, who is obviously the worse for wear, from entering a football ground. If they get drunk in the ground, eject them.

RE: Westwood again. - briefcase_wanchor - 27-07-2022

"Prevent anyone, who is obviously the worse for wear, from entering a football ground. If they get drunk in the ground, eject them".

Imagine being the person in charge of enforcing that policy.

Mikey?

RE: Westwood again. - West Australian Portsmouth Fan - 27-07-2022

(27-07-2022, 07:53 AM)briefcase_wanchor Wrote: "Prevent anyone, who is obviously the worse for wear, from entering a football ground. If they get drunk in the ground, eject them".

People get ejected from grounds all the time here in Australia for being drunk. I for example got kicked out of the cricket for cheering too enthusiastically and shouting ‘GOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!’ like a South American football commentator every time Mitch Marsh hit a six for the local 20/20 ‘Big Bash’ team I follow. I had been drinking all day and left peacefully anyway

I thought they had to throw them in, to watch cricket.

RE: Westwood again. - Cressers - 27-07-2022

The definition of naughtiness and the punishments for misbehaviour change all the time. Though this is Scottish law it's an indication of the direction things are going, so keep your noses clean.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/rangers-fans-fined-over-racist-27589518

(27-07-2022, 02:18 PM)Cressers Wrote: The definition of naughtiness and the punishments for misbehaviour change all the time. Though this is Scottish law it's an indication of the direction things are going, so keep your noses clean.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/rangers-fans-fined-over-racist-27589518

Nothing mentioned about Kyogo doing a Nazi salute there.  Dodgy

“People get ejected from grounds all the time here in Australia for being drunk. I for example got kicked out of the cricket for cheering too enthusiastically and shouting ‘GOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!’ like a South American football commentator every time Mitch Marsh hit a six for the local 20/20 ‘Big Bash’ team I follow. I had been drinking all day and left peacefully anyway”

Getting hammered at the cricket is positively encouraged. And so it should be. Rubbing your inner thigh hard is even part of the game. Westwood could convert to avoid embarrassment.

RE: Westwood again. - DeepBlue - 27-07-2022

(27-07-2022, 07:53 AM)briefcase_wanchor Wrote: "Prevent anyone, who is obviously the worse for wear, from entering a football ground. If they get drunk in the ground, eject them".

I saw Westwood being refused admission at Reading for being drunk years ago (and the stewards being congratulated by both Pompey & Reading for doing it). 

All clubs have the responsibility to enforce that law and have had for years, but thankfully very few turn up so obviously paralytic that they attract the attention of the stewards.

RE: Westwood again. - Pompeyg100 - 27-07-2022

(27-07-2022, 03:41 PM)DeepBlue Wrote:

I saw Westwood being refused admission at Reading for being drunk years ago (and the stewards being congratulated by both Pompey & Reading for doing it). 

All clubs have the responsibility to enforce that law and have had for years, but thankfully very few turn up so obviously paralytic that they attract the attention of the stewards.

Yet strolls in to Pompey halfway through the first half every week.

Are the turnstiles even open when he arrives or is he in FP at the bar until he remembers why he’s there?

RE: Westwood again. - Northstander - 27-07-2022

From my North Stand lower seat I've often seen him plodding up the nearby FE steps, well after kick off.

(27-07-2022, 03:41 PM)DeepBlue Wrote:

The power of celebrity, eh?

RE: Westwood again. - Bluebob - 27-07-2022

Very surprised that the club have not made any statement yet.

RE: Westwood again. - Cressers - 27-07-2022

Why would they if the matter had been resolved with a temporary match ban?

A statement about what?

RE: Westwood again. - slayer - 27-07-2022

Think the club are treating him with kid gloves/as someone with 'problems' so wouldn't expect to see a statement.

A statement about what?

RE: Westwood again. - Bluebob - 27-07-2022

With regard to his antics on Saturday. With the amount of comments on social media plus the high amount off emails the club have received.

Oh right, thought it must be something else, they won’t release a statement about that, not sure why they would.

RE: Westwood again. - Ain’t got a Danny - 27-07-2022

(27-07-2022, 08:10 PM)Pompeyg100 Wrote: A statement about what?

Portsmouth Football club abhors all forms of discrimination against pissheads.

It actively works to ensure pissheads are welcome even if they turn up after half time and have spent their cash at the pub.

We recognise that pissheads form a vibrant, multishanting community integral to the success of our match day revenues.

Pisshead solidarity wristbands designed by Nike in home, away and third choice colours are available from the club shop for £5.99.

RE: Westwood again. - slayer - 25-10-2022

Rumour in row Z tonight that he is banned again tonight Vs Oxford, anyone ITK?

RE: Westwood again. - Cunninglinguist - 25-10-2022

Apparently caught pissing outside FGRs ground. Anything to do with that?

RE: Westwood again. - slayer - 25-10-2022

Just seen the print screen going round on Twitter, thanks

RE: Westwood again. - Northstander - 26-10-2022

2 match ban I believe

RE: Westwood again. - Cunninglinguist - 26-10-2022

(25-10-2022, 07:55 PM)scumslayer Wrote: Just seen the print screen going round on Twitter, thanks

Got a link?