TrueBlueArmy Forums
Westwood again. - Printable Version

+- TrueBlueArmy Forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com)
+-- Forum: TBA forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Play Up Pompey (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Westwood again. (/showthread.php?tid=2055)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

RE: Westwood again. - essentialmix75 - 18-02-2023

(18-02-2023, 07:53 PM)scumslayer Wrote: but no one is above the law
There is a few that are.... But that's a whole other topic!.

John has a target on his back.... Not helped by our PC, I am offended crew.

RE: Westwood again. - exterminator - 18-02-2023

He may put a lot of effort in to supporting the club Pic 'n Mix but very very little money.

He normally arrives at a home match 10 mins late having p!ssed it up outside the ground - He then uses his lifetime season ticket which gives the club no money these days. Possibly a pint & a pie at half time -  so he possibly spends £10  for 23  hone matches a season of which  c15% max goes directly to the club.

Total money he spends with the club  inc cup tickets c£100 per season ..........

(18-02-2023, 08:06 PM)exterminator Wrote: He may put a lot of effort in to supporting the club Pic 'n Mix but very little money.

He normally arrives at a home match 10 mins late having p!ssed it up outside the ground - He then uses his lifetime season ticket which gives the club no money these days. Possibly a pint & a pie at half time -  so he possibly spends £10  for 23  hone matches a season of which probably 15% max goes directly to the club.

Total money to club Inc cup tickets £100 per season ..........

When the club needed the money he was there!.

Do you go to every away game?..... ssshhhhhhhhhhhh......

£100 per season, is far more then you sitting at home masked up, in front of the T.V sh*tting you're pants over Convid!.
https://www.rochesterregional.org/-/media/covid_anxiety_850x479.jpg?la=en&hash=3E3CCE773A2C729D692B3533A14C80C233E70764

(18-02-2023, 08:08 PM)essentialmix75 Wrote:
(18-02-2023, 08:06 PM)exterminator Wrote: He may put a lot of effort in to supporting the club Pic 'n Mix but very little money.

He normally arrives at a home match 10 mins late having p!ssed it up outside the ground - He then uses his lifetime season ticket which gives the club no money these days. Possibly a pint & a pie at half time -  so he possibly spends £10  for 23  hone matches a season of which probably 15% max goes directly to the club.

£100 per season, is far more then you sitting at home masked up, in front of the T.V sh*tting you're pants over Convid!.

When were those lifetime season tickets issued...........20+ yrs ago.. 

PFC gets no money from away games ......tell me why I should put money in to other clubs. 

Considering I have been to 5 home games already this season I have actually put more money in to the club than your "smelly tramp pal" does in a season moosh....

RE: Westwood again. - 66zoolane - 18-02-2023

Edit:

There are times I've wondered why I bothered saying anything, because I really didn't give a shit about anything that was being said in the first place.

This was one of those times!

(18-02-2023, 08:17 PM)exterminator Wrote:
(18-02-2023, 08:08 PM)essentialmix75 Wrote:

When were those lifetime season tickets issued...........40 yrs ago. 

P FC gets no money from away games ...

Considering I have been to 5 home games already this season I have actually put more money in to the club than your "smelly tramp pal" does in a season moosh....

If a man makes a good financial decision for him self... Good on him.

The club wanted his money at the time... And if he was promised a product for that money... He is due that.

That's how it works.

You are starting to sound like the other side!.

You could have done exactly the same thing. No point crying now!.

I was pointing out your statement that "JW puts a lot of money in to the club" is totally untrue.

No, I couldn't afford the £1k in 2001 to buy a "lifetime season ticket" , With a mortgage, mrs & 3 young kids to support then there were far more important things to spend my income on at the time.

I couldn't care a "flying one" who has one now ...they got a fantastic deal but don't try to tell us they are putting money in to the club - they are paying less than £2 per game ffs !!

RE: Westwood again. - Bluebob - 18-02-2023

(18-02-2023, 07:38 PM)essentialmix75 Wrote:
(18-02-2023, 07:01 PM)Bluebob Wrote:
(18-02-2023, 05:48 PM)essentialmix75 Wrote: Too many people now a days, want to cancel anything they don't like... People have become such fragile coonts..

Fratton park has lost a bit of it's spark over the last few seasons.... Football is becoming to P.C... And the Burton game on Tuesday was next level dead. With out John it's not the same.

The team playing well creates the atmosphere not Westwood. The drums ruin any attempt to get an atmosphere going. Trouble now we only sing about 3 songs at most. Most big clubs don’t have drums and a twat ringing a bell he is hugely embarrassing to our club.

Fair weather supporters need the team to play well before they get behind the team.... John does not!...

And what a surprise, a snowflake who started a anti John post. Doesn't like him!.

What a f*cking melt.

John puts far more money and effort, into supporting Pompey, then 99.9% of the rest of us... And for that I have nothing but respect for the bloke.

And to watch the sh*t we have, home and away..... I would need to be pissed out of my head too.

The biggest embarrassment to our club.... Is squinnys like you!.

You know fu-k all about me. I have supported Pompey since 1965. From the age of 12 when I was able to go with my mates without our old man’s I went 30 yrs never missed a home game and have done many away games. I bought 5 shares and spent 12k over 2 seasons sponsoring the club. And if your so called super fan was such a a big fan why does he miss regularly at least 20-30 minutes each game because he would rather get piss-d. So I suggest nipper you wind your neck in.

(18-02-2023, 08:40 PM)exterminator Wrote: I was  pointing out your statement that "JW puts a lot of money in to the club" is totally untrue.

No, I couldn't afford the £1k in 2001 to buy a "lifetime season ticket" , With a mortgage, mrs & 3 young kids to support then there were far more important things to spend my income on at the time.

I couldn't care a "flying one" who has one now ...they got a fantastic deal but don't try to tell us they are putting money in to the club - they are paying less than £2 per game ffs !!

Can you f*cking read!....

"John puts far more money and effort, into supporting Pompey, then 99.9% of the rest of us"....

At what point did I say about putting into the club?... I said supporting Pompey!.

(18-02-2023, 08:48 PM)Bluebob Wrote:
(18-02-2023, 07:38 PM)essentialmix75 Wrote:
(18-02-2023, 07:01 PM)Bluebob Wrote:
(18-02-2023, 05:48 PM)essentialmix75 Wrote: Too many people now a days, want to cancel anything they don't like... People have become such fragile coonts..

Fratton park has lost a bit of it's spark over the last few seasons.... Football is becoming to P.C... And the Burton game on Tuesday was next level dead. With out John it's not the same.

The team playing well creates the atmosphere not Westwood. The drums ruin any attempt to get an atmosphere going. Trouble now we only sing about 3 songs at most. Most big clubs don’t have drums and a twat ringing a bell he is hugely embarrassing to our club.

Fair weather supporters need the team to play well before they get behind the team.... John does not!...

And what a surprise, a snowflake who started a anti John post. Doesn't like him!.

What a f*cking melt.

John puts far more money and effort, into supporting Pompey, then 99.9% of the rest of us... And for that I have nothing but respect for the bloke.

And to watch the sh*t we have, home and away..... I would need to be pissed out of my head too.

The biggest embarrassment to our club.... Is squinnys like you!.

You know fu-k all about me. I have supported Pompey since 1965. From the age of 12 when I was able to go with my mates without our old man’s I went 30 yrs never missed a home game and have done many away games. I bought 5 shares and spent 12k over 2 seasons sponsoring the club. And if your so called super fan was such a a big fan why does he miss regularly at least 20-30 minutes each game because he would rather get piss-d. So I suggest nipper you wind your neck in.
Old man have a rest on your Stannah stair lift.... Getting all punch now in your late 60s is not going to help vs a 39 year old.

John is a bigger fan then you... And getting him a ban, is not going to make you the 'bigger fan'!...

Sponsoring the club, meant you had what ever company you own..... Advertising at Pompey right?..... So it was not just 12k for nothing!.

If it was a good return or not is a different story!.

RE: Westwood again. - Cunninglinguist - 19-02-2023

(18-02-2023, 08:18 PM)66zoolane Wrote: Edit:

There are times I've wondered why I bothered saying anything, because I really didn't give a shit about anything that was being said in the first place.

This was one of those times!

Those times seem to increase as the days go by.

If I were a player and I felt I needed support from the fans on the terraces. If I looked amongst those fans and saw JW drunkenly swaying and displaying the antics he is being criticised for. Would I feel the surge of motivation, the feeling of pride and passion, needed to spur me on?

I don’t feel I would.

RE: Westwood again. - BilltheCat - 19-02-2023

I know that he is frequently his own worst enemy but anyone who has seen Pompey play on three (perhaps, four) continents has surely earnt a measure of respect as a football supporter.

Few, if any, on here can even come close.

RE: Westwood again. - Smirnoffexpress - 19-02-2023

He may well be a urine ridden tramp, but he is our urine ridden tramp. Big Grin

RE: Westwood again. - exgaffer - 19-02-2023

(19-02-2023, 04:48 PM)BilltheCat Wrote: I know that he is frequently his own worst enemy but anyone who has seen Pompey play on three (perhaps, four) continents has surely earnt a measure of respect as a football supporter.

Respect is earned, you don’t just get it for turning up ffs.

You might want to ask yourself what real fan turns up late to every match because he’d rather be pissing it up in the pub than supporting the team.

I don’t think he’s a very good example of a fan and I don’t think he should be what people think of when they think of Pompey.

Nice bloke when sober but he rarely is.

He puts himself in the public eye, so he can’t complain if his behaviour is called out, it really is that simple.

RE: Westwood again. - Pompeyg100 - 19-02-2023

(19-02-2023, 04:48 PM)BilltheCat Wrote: I know that he is frequently his own worst enemy but anyone who has seen Pompey play on three (perhaps, four) continents has surely earnt a measure of respect as a football supporter.

I have zero respect for him, he has zero respect for others.

RE: Westwood again. - BilltheCat - 19-02-2023

"I have zero respect for him, he has zero respect for others".

That's not remotely true.

"Respect is earned, you don’t just get it for turning up ffs".

What? Turning up in the USA? Africa? What's the furthest you've travelled to support your club?

I never mentioned "fan".

RE: Westwood again. - RavoPFC - 19-02-2023

JW and the smooth brained ner ner brigade add nothing to the atmosphere. They are in fact an active hinderence to it. You can't get new or different songs going when two drums, a cow bell and a bugle are being blasted, smashed or rattled. We've got to the point where ner ner is the first song we sing in most cases after we score, and after full time when we win. What happened to a good old-fashioned "who are ya?".

Ban the fucking instruments and in time we may see some variety back. Right now it's like tinnitus at times down the park with the same single note being put out with the occasional break. I'm pretty certain they are on the list of banned items anyway, just enforce it FFS.

RE: Westwood again. - Smirnoffexpress - 19-02-2023

(19-02-2023, 05:44 PM)RavoPFC Wrote: JW and the smooth brained ner ner brigade add nothing to the atmosphere. They are in fact an active hinderence to it. You can't get new or different songs going when two drums, a cow bell and a bugle are being blasted, smashed or rattled. We've got to the point where ner ner is the first song we sing in most cases after we score, and after full time when we win. What happened to a good old-fashioned "who are ya?".

Ban the fucking instruments and in time we may see some variety back. Right now it's like tinnitus at times down the park with the same single note being put out with the occasional break. I'm pretty certain they are on the list of banned items anyway, just enforce it FFS.

Would triangles, or whatever those things where called that we used in music when we were kids be better? issue three thousand in the Fratton end, Pompey, Pompey, ting, ting ,ting. Even if it did not improve things, at least we could console ourselves with the fact that we ALL look and sound like cunts, rather than just picking on four or five!

RE: Westwood again. - essentialmix75 - 19-02-2023

(19-02-2023, 07:04 PM)Smirnoffexpress Wrote:
(19-02-2023, 05:44 PM)RavoPFC Wrote: JW and the smooth brained ner ner brigade add nothing to the atmosphere. They are in fact an active hinderence to it. You can't get new or different songs going when two drums, a cow bell and a bugle are being blasted, smashed or rattled. We've got to the point where ner ner is the first song we sing in most cases after we score, and after full time when we win. What happened to a good old-fashioned "who are ya?".

Would triangles, or whatever those things where called that we used in music when we were kids be better? issue three thousand in the Fratton end, Pompey, Pompey, ting, ting ,ting. Even if it did not improve things, at least we could console ourselves with the fact that we ALL look and sound like cunts, rather than just picking on four or five!

LMFAO!.

On form today mate.

It is an offence to be drunk in public. Any problem is easily solved by enforcing the law.
Knowing John, as I have done, he is perfectly well behaved when he’s sober. No need to ban him from supporting the club, just enforce the drink laws.

RE: Westwood again. - Lawrence - 19-02-2023

(19-02-2023, 07:13 PM)essentialmix75 Wrote:
(19-02-2023, 07:04 PM)Smirnoffexpress Wrote:

LMFAO!.

On form today mate.

I could say many things about Westwood but I'll sum it up best by saying I absolutely love it when he's not there at fp - either during the first 25 minutes of every game or if we're lucky and he's offended somebody more important than our own fans, the whole game. I just wish we had a team that made it unmissable. Most of the time when that shitty bell or drum starts up I think you lucky git for not going through what ive just seen.

RE: Westwood again. - exterminator - 19-02-2023

(19-02-2023, 07:04 PM)Smirnoffexpress Wrote: Would triangles, or whatever those things where called that we used in music when we were kids be better? issue three thousand in the Fratton end, Pompey, Pompey, ting, ting ,ting. Even if it did not improve things, at least we could console ourselves with the fact that we ALL look and sound like cunts, rather than just picking on four or five!

Three thousand Vuvuzelas would be a lot better  Big Grin Big Grin

p s. You can buy them singly on ebay or Amazon for about £3 each so a job lot would only be a couple of quid each at the most - job done, Westwood & the m**g drummer drowned out !!

RE: Westwood again. - 66zoolane - 19-02-2023

(19-02-2023, 07:58 PM)exterminator Wrote:
(19-02-2023, 07:04 PM)Smirnoffexpress Wrote: Would triangles, or whatever those things where called that we used in music when we were kids be better? issue three thousand in the Fratton end, Pompey, Pompey, ting, ting ,ting. Even if it did not improve things, at least we could console ourselves with the fact that we ALL look and sound like cunts, rather than just picking on four or five!

Three thousand Vuvuzelas would be a lot better  Big Grin Big Grin

p s. You can buy them singly on ebay or Amazon for about £3 each so a job lot would only be a couple of quid each at the most - job done, Westwood & the m**g drummer drowned out !!

Bafana Bafana!