TrueBlueArmy Forums
Bass to Sunderland - Printable Version

+- TrueBlueArmy Forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com)
+-- Forum: TBA forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Play Up Pompey (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Bass to Sunderland (/showthread.php?tid=2058)

Pages: 1 2 3

Bass to Sunderland - Robsquad - 26-07-2022

Sunderland Close In On Portsmouth Man, Medical Booked (insidefutbol.com)

RE: Bass to Sunderland - Pompeyg100 - 26-07-2022

Oh Pompey.

RE: Bass to Sunderland - BigSmokeBlue - 26-07-2022

So Bass is not good enough to get into our league one team, but is good enough to challenge Sunderland’s no.1 choice keeper in the league above???

This story has similarities with Andy Cannon. Couldn’t get into our first IX, but went straight into Hulls first team in the league above.

RE: Bass to Sunderland - exterminator - 26-07-2022

(26-07-2022, 02:11 PM)BigSmokeBlue Wrote: So Bass is not good enough to get into our league one team, but is good enough to challenge Sunderland’s no.1 choice keeper in the league above???

This story has similarities with Andy Cannon. Couldn’t get into our first IX, but went straight into Hulls first team in the league above.

Ha,Ha, h
Hilarious -   is this the same Andy Cannon who played 10 games for Hull mostly as a substitute and was then loaned out to National League Stockport because he was so useless .

RE: Bass to Sunderland - bluetagagain - 26-07-2022

Could be another Marlon Pack type event where we ending up trying to re sign in the future a former youth player we let go .

RE: Bass to Sunderland - Northstander - 26-07-2022

But to be fair Big Smoke Andy did want to go back North. he only featured 10 times for Hull before he was loaned out to Stockport end of the season. Some of Sunderland fans are in meltdown as they want to sign a fully experienced keeper at Championship level as back up to Patterson who played so well in the playoffs

RE: Bass to Sunderland - DeepBlue - 26-07-2022

So much for Bass wanting regular football.  He has now consigned himself to be a benchwarmer for a few more years. 

He could have done that here, with far more chance of displacing the first choice, or replacing him in a years time.

Not sure what your issue is with Bass DB, did he shag your daughter or something?

The kid wants to go to a club where is wanted, good luck to him. He has zero chance of playing for DC. He has no opportunity to fight for his place here, he’s now 5th choice.

RE: Bass to Sunderland - bluetagagain - 26-07-2022

If we finish mid table again this season DC won’t be here next season.

RE: Bass to Sunderland - Daniel - 26-07-2022

(26-07-2022, 02:11 PM)BigSmokeBlue Wrote: So Bass is not good enough to get into our league one team, but is good enough to challenge Sunderland’s no.1 choice keeper in the league above???

Andy cannon wanted to move back north nothing the club could do about that.

(26-07-2022, 03:17 PM)Pompeyg100 Wrote: Not sure what your issue is with Bass DB, did he shag your daughter or something?

The kid wants to go to a club where is wanted, good luck to him. He has zero chance of playing for DC.  He has no opportunity to fight for his place here, he’s now 5th choice.

I don't have any issue with him. 

I rated him highly and have defended his talents on here in the face of those laughing at the suggestion that he was Premiership potential when there were rumours of Crystal Palace and £1m. 

But his attitude when he was replaced by a far better keeper in Bazunu was not the best IMO, and I think he should have stayed and battled with Griffiths, who does not necessarily look much better than him.  His unwillingness to back himself in that battle IMO exposes a weakness in confidence that might hold him back. 

And I do not think sitting on a bench is the best thing for his career right now. If he wanted away - and I've no problem with that - he should have chosen somewhere where he will play. With only 39 league appearances at the age of 24 he does not need another couple of years of not playing.

(26-07-2022, 03:23 PM)Daniel Wrote:

Andy Cannon was a very average player who became much better in people's minds when he was not playing becasue they were desperate to find reasons to criticise Jackett.

RE: Bass to Sunderland - Daniel - 26-07-2022

(26-07-2022, 03:30 PM)DeepBlue Wrote:
(26-07-2022, 03:23 PM)Daniel Wrote:

Andy Cannon was a very average player who became much better in people's minds when he was not playing becasue they were desperate to find reasons to criticise Jackett.

Jackett always played cannon in the wrong position in my opinion.

RE: Bass to Sunderland - Pedalo_menders - 26-07-2022

Bass should be playing for us. It's ludicrous what is being allowed to happen.

(26-07-2022, 03:27 PM)DeepBlue Wrote:
(26-07-2022, 03:17 PM)Pompeyg100 Wrote: Not sure what your issue is with Bass DB, did he shag your daughter or something?

The kid wants to go to a club where is wanted, good luck to him. He has zero chance of playing for DC.  He has no opportunity to fight for his place here, he’s now 5th choice.

I don't have any issue with him. 

I rated him highly and have defended his talents on here in the face of those laughing at the suggestion that he was Premiership potential when there were rumours of Crystal Palace and £1m. 

But his attitude when he was replaced by a far better keeper in Bazunu was not the best IMO, and I think he should have stayed and battled with Griffiths, who does not necessarily look much better than him.  His unwillingness to back himself in that battle IMO exposes a weakness in confidence that might hold him back. 

And I do not think sitting on a bench is the best thing for his career right now. If he wanted away - and I've no problem with that - he should have chosen somewhere where he will play. With only 39 league appearances at the age of 24 he does not need another couple of years of not playing.

What attitude?! He was loaned out to bring in another keeper!!

HE IS NOT WANTED BY DC!!!!!!! He can’t battle, he was never going to get the opportunity to battle, he’s not being given the opportunity to battle. Please please please stop blaming Bass for a decision made by DC.

Ffs leave the kid alone.

I know you aren’t fucking stupid but where Bass is concerned you certainly act it.

The attitude that his one good game at Wycombe meant he deserved to replace an international keeper. 

His loan was proof that DC was interested in developing him and I was hoping he would be first choice when he got back.  But DC is paid to make these decisions and I have no problem with him thinking Griffiths is better - he probably is. But I do not think there is that much in it and if he had stayed to prove DC wrong I would think more highly of him and the goalkeeping department would be the stronger for it. 

But do you think being a benchwarmer somewhere else is good for him ?   I don't. He needs first team football.

RE: Bass to Sunderland - exterminator - 26-07-2022

IIRC Bass had a spell of 3/4 games where he performed very well but DC chose to bring Bazunu back in.

Why should he stay here & try to dislodge Griffiths (who is no better than Bass) when DC has made it clear he doesn't want him by signing the Spuds goalkeeper as backup. He is just wasting his career by fighting for a position he has no hope of getting - good luck to AB wherever he goes - hopefully this isn't a massive DC rickett.

Wtf are talking about?

He was sent out on loan to get him off the wage bill!

He’s 4th choice behind a 17 year old so yes better to be on the bench in the championship than not even in the match squad at Pompey.

HE IS NOT WANTED BY DC. He won’t get a chance, he’s had no future here since DC came in. It clear to everyone but you. Come on what’s he done to you?

How you blame him for any of this is beyond me.

Oh and HE IS NOT WANTED BY DC

(26-07-2022, 04:03 PM)DeepBlue Wrote: The attitude that his one good game at Wycombe meant he deserved to replace an international keeper. 

His loan was proof that DC was interested in developing him and I was hoping he would be first choice when he got back.  But DC is paid to make these decisions and I have no problem with him thinking Griffiths is better - he probably is. But I do not think there is that much in it and if he had stayed to prove DC wrong I would think more highly of him and the goalkeeping department would be the stronger for it. 

But do you think being a benchwarmer somewhere else is good for him ?   I don't. He needs first team football.

Would you want him to come out and thank Cowley for dropping him after being man of the match? Of course he was disappointed at being dropped, I’d be concerned if he wasn’t, wouldn’t you?

(26-07-2022, 04:13 PM)exterminator Wrote: IIRC Bass had a spell of 3/4 games where he performed very well but DC chose to bring Bazunu back in.

Why should he stay here & try to dislodge  Griffiths (who is no better than Bass) when DC has made it clear he doesn't want him by signing the Spuds goalkeeper as backup. He is just wasting his career by fighting for a position he has no hope of getting - good luck to AB wherever he goes - hopefully this isn't a massive DC rickett.

He only played two league games - the first game of the season (people forget that he started the season as first choice) and the Wycombe game when Bazunu was away with Ireland. You don't drop a player because he was away for an international. 

And he wouldn't have signed Oluwayemi if Bass was staying. He signed him because Bass had asked to leave, not to force him to leave.

(26-07-2022, 04:23 PM)DeepBlue Wrote:
(26-07-2022, 04:13 PM)exterminator Wrote: IIRC Bass had a spell of 3/4 games where he performed very well but DC chose to bring Bazunu back in.

Why should he stay here & try to dislodge  Griffiths (who is no better than Bass) when DC has made it clear he doesn't want him by signing the Spuds goalkeeper as backup. He is just wasting his career by fighting for a position he has no hope of getting - good luck to AB wherever he goes - hopefully this isn't a massive DC rickett.

He only played two league games - the first game of the season (people forget that he started the season as first choice) and the Wycombe game when Bazunu was away with Ireland. You don't drop a player because he was away for an international. 

And he wouldn't have signed Oluwayemi if Bass was staying. He signed him because Bass had asked to leave, not to force him to leave.

Moron.

I don't understand why you are so upset with my views on Bass. 

And you still havent told me if you think benchwarmer at Sunderland is his best move, which is where I started.  

We agree at least that we both wanted to him to stay, lets leave it a that. 

RE: Bass to Sunderland - firqdays - 26-07-2022

And here goes ..... I told you so. It really seems that DC has issue with certain players.

Luckily, for us, Jacobs won through - fan power ? - But gutted if BASS goes.

I understand an Alex Bass point of view if he was being asked to remain a further season as 3rd choice. However, obviously there are people who identify a potential Championship keeper. Very good luck to him!

RE: Bass to Sunderland - Cunninglinguist - 26-07-2022

If we got some money for him then I have no problem with the decision.

I’m not entirely convinced by Bass and I’m certainly not convinced by Jacobs (another 1 in something performer).

I’m quite happy to let DC make the decisions.

(26-07-2022, 04:28 PM)DeepBlue Wrote: I don't understand why you are so upset with my views on Bass. 

And you still havent told me if you think benchwarmer at Sunderland is his best move, which is where I started.  

We agree at least that we both wanted to him to stay, lets leave it a that. 

I did tell you, I told you being a benchwarmer in the championship is far better than being 4th choice at a L1 club he is being forced out of.