TrueBlueArmy Forums
Barnet - Printable Version

+- TrueBlueArmy Forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com)
+-- Forum: TBA forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Play Up Pompey (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Barnet (/showthread.php?tid=2063)

Barnet - BilltheCat - 26-07-2022

First of all the rumour going around was that John Westwood has been banned for three matches, which could explain his complete absence from The Hive this evening. Obviously he rarely turns up for kick-off but this time was a complete no-show!

I can't manage a match report mostly because I haven't a clue who was playing.

Nevertheless, Kabamba opened the scoring, took his goal well but our new centre-half was completely AWOL. The equaliser came off someones arse and then, in the second half we went ahead with a cracking finish from our new right back - the young one! They equalised soon after we had substituted our keeper and then we got a winner which was identical to our second but scored by someone else.

There must be a football reporting award heading my way soon, no?

The two full backs looked steady and though our new keeper is considerably Yoshi-esque in stature I thought he was very capable. Pick of the bunch was Mnoga. Came on at half-time and (apart from a trade-mark scything tackle, for which he was not booked) was outstanding!

Off to lie down now.

RE: Barnet - Cunninglinguist - 27-07-2022

This is what we need!

A partially inept, somewhat random, fans view of the ‘match day experience’. That’s the second one and keep em coming, Bill.

RE: Barnet - Isaac Hunt - 27-07-2022

Even so it was infinitely better than yours

(27-07-2022, 07:25 AM)Isaac Hunt Wrote: Even so it was infinitely better than yours

Trying to work out what that is in reply to.

RE: Barnet - Pompeyg100 - 27-07-2022

I think he thought you were being sarcastic

I think so too but following both Bills posts I was very positive in my response.

How about condescending .

Really??????

Did you read my response to Bills first post?

RE: Barnet - Tomsk - 27-07-2022

(27-07-2022, 08:01 AM)Isaac Hunt Wrote: How about condescending .

How about tongue in cheek

To make it clear:-

I thought Bills posts, re:- Orient and Barnet games, were entertaining, well written and wonderfully lacking in serious approach. As I understood them, they were not intended to be responded to with any serious comment and were not written in any such provocative manner. It was refreshing to read posts that were light hearted and I enjoyed them immensely and look forward to reading further posts from the same contributor.

FFS!!!!!

RE: Barnet - ForeverPompey - 27-07-2022

'Hear, hear' to more smiles and less angst!

RE: Barnet - Jezzer - 27-07-2022

Excellent report Bill although falling short of award winning. I expect the Snooze will have seen your potential, however, and will surely be offering you a minimum wage as a roving, junior reporter prepared to write those stories  no-one else will touch. You might also be asked to substitute the word "arse" for a more family-friendly "posterior" or 'buttock".

(27-07-2022, 09:01 AM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: To make it clear:-

I thought Bills posts,  re:- Orient and Barnet games, were entertaining, well written and wonderfully lacking in serious approach. As I understood them, they were not intended to be responded to with any serious comment and were not written in any such provocative manner. It was refreshing to read posts that were light hearted and I enjoyed them immensely and look forward to reading further posts from the same contributor.

FFS!!!!!
Just to make it clear

I too thought Bill's post was most entertaining and humorous, but didn't feel the need  to write a cunning response.

FFS !!!!! 

Oh and  Smile

RE: Barnet - BilltheCat - 27-07-2022

(27-07-2022, 09:01 AM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: I enjoyed them immensely and look forward to reading further posts from the same contributor.

Thank you (all) for your kind words but don't hold your breath for many more "match reports".

Quit while your ahead I reckon!

RE: Barnet - Hammie - 27-07-2022

Not sure you are ahead as yet, so best do some more!

RE: Barnet - Cunninglinguist - 28-07-2022

(27-07-2022, 07:54 PM)Hammie Wrote: Not sure you are ahead as yet, so best do some more!

Chuckle 

Yeah, it wasn’t that good (That’s said in jest, Isaac!)!