TrueBlueArmy Forums
New striker on loan coming - Printable Version

+- TrueBlueArmy Forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com)
+-- Forum: TBA forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Play Up Pompey (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: New striker on loan coming (/showthread.php?tid=2070)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: New striker on loan coming - BilltheCat - 29-07-2022

....so should avoid strutting around like a Peacock.

RE: New striker on loan coming - Northstandgeorge - 29-07-2022

(29-07-2022, 04:17 PM)BilltheCat Wrote: ....so should avoid strutting around like a Peacock.

Best loan signing i can remember  was Alexi Smertin. Probaably played his best ever football  with  us.

RE: New striker on loan coming - Cunninglinguist - 30-07-2022

Ivan Golac and Michael Thomas also come to mind. Both at full back too. Not often that defenders stick in the memory.
I don’t really remember why Thomas was slotted in at left back at the time. Given his subsequent career in the Arsenal midfield, it has always seemed a little odd.

RE: New striker on loan coming - Isaac Hunt - 30-07-2022

He only played 3 games for us

RE: New striker on loan coming - Isaac Hunt - 30-07-2022

(29-07-2022, 04:13 PM)Jizbag Wrote:
(29-07-2022, 01:02 PM)Isaac Hunt Wrote:
(28-07-2022, 08:04 PM)ForeverPompey Wrote: Whatever the merits or otherwise we surely cannot pass up the chance to instantly make Scarlett captain.

Would be a Plum role, he would be Mustard

He may be a bit green at the moment...
I hope he is a better Spurs loanee than White

RE: New striker on loan coming - DeepBlue - 27-08-2022

In my defence I was right for a while and he did indeed start the season on the bench for the first two games after I said that. 

He then earned his starting spot by a great performance in the league cup, and fair play to him - he is a far better player than I expected from someone with his lack of experience.   I said he will have to play very well to earn a starting spot and he did.

All good stuff because Pigott is also a very good player so we have three good strikers to call on. 

We've played 6 league games and Scarlett has started on the bench in three of them.

RE: New striker on loan coming - Pompeyg100 - 27-08-2022

(27-08-2022, 06:55 PM)DeepBlue Wrote: In my defence I was right for a while and he did indeed start the season on the bench for the first two games after I said that. 

He then earned his starting spot by a great performance in the league cup, and fair play to him - he is a far better player than I expected from someone with his lack of experience.   I said he will have to play very well to earn a starting spot and he did.

All good stuff because Pigott is also a very good player so we have three good strikers to call on. 

We've played 6 league games and Scarlett has started on the bench in three of them.

You weren’t really though were you?

RE: New striker on loan coming - Pedalo_menders - 27-08-2022

Lol no, deep wasn't right. But we all probably thought the same as him at the time though. I did. We've seen so many overhyped prem youngsters who can't cut it in L1. Especially in the pisspot trophy and here on loan.

So for Scarlet to keep Piggott out of the starting XI is a surprise. Probably for everyone, including Cowley! But it makes sense for him to start if he's cutting the...ahem... mustard.

RE: New striker on loan coming - bluetagagain - 27-08-2022

From what I’ve seen, Scarlett gives us more pace but I think Pigott and Bishop partner better ?

RE: New striker on loan coming - Pompeyg100 - 28-08-2022

Nothing wrong with being wrong, it’s accepting being wrong that is DB’s problem!