TrueBlueArmy Forums
Todays Game/Sheff Wed - Printable Version

+- TrueBlueArmy Forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com)
+-- Forum: TBA forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Play Up Pompey (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Todays Game/Sheff Wed (/showthread.php?tid=2073)

Pages: 1 2 3

Todays Game/Sheff Wed - bluetagagain - 30-07-2022

1-1
I reckon
Griff
Raff Raggs Robbo Ogilvie
Recco Thommo Pack Curtis
Bish Pigott

RE: Todays Game/Sheff Wed - Isaac Hunt - 30-07-2022

0-3 as posted on the other thread

RE: Todays Game/Sheff Wed - 66zoolane - 30-07-2022

Official site says 'Cowley searching for away grit'. I should think he's searching for the away kit too.

I reckon we'll get a surprise win, maybe 2-1.

RE: Todays Game/Sheff Wed - Gerry Hatrick - 30-07-2022

The start of a unique season - with that winter break for the World Fraud Cup. But actually might not seem quite so radical after the disruption of the COVID years. I think we will make the play-offs after strengthening in January.

RE: Todays Game/Sheff Wed - DeepBlue - 30-07-2022

(30-07-2022, 09:24 AM)Gerry Hatrick Wrote: The start of a unique season - with that winter break for the World Fraud Cup. But actually might not seem quite so radical after the disruption of the COVID years. I think we will make the play-offs after strengthening in January.

We don't get a break though ... we have to play through the World Cup without Morrell.

I wonder if we will get posts saying we should have hung onto Smithy.

RE: Todays Game/Sheff Wed - Gerry Hatrick - 30-07-2022

Ah, didn't know that. So I see just the Premier and Championship leagues finishing from November 12th. Premier league resumes on Boxing Day and the Championship on December 10th. So, really can't see what the point is of starting the season earlier for League 1 and 2.

RE: Todays Game/Sheff Wed - Pedalo_menders - 30-07-2022

Important to show that we are organised and solid at the back today. Our defense won't come up against a better forward line or attacking mentality than today.

Win or lose nothing is decided based on todays game. We'll probably be saying how much we need to strengthen our right hand side come 5pm.

I think we'll get wholloped by 2 or more.

RE: Todays Game/Sheff Wed - Northstander - 30-07-2022

Well there's 1 of the 2 to start with

RE: Todays Game/Sheff Wed - ForeverPompey - 30-07-2022

I don't think solid is going to be our thing unfortunately. I know very little about our team so far but I wonder if we have any pace front or back?

RE: Todays Game/Sheff Wed - kindofblue - 30-07-2022

Cowley must go......

I fear for him this season as it's promotion or bust for most.

Did I just hear right... DC says (after a summer of transfer work) that he feels our squad is not as strong as last season's??? Surely he can't have said that?

half time report anyone? radio sounds pretty dismal tbh. Is Pack playing? 2 centre forwards not gelling is my guess with no service to help.

RE: Todays Game/Sheff Wed - dsmg - 30-07-2022

Pack playing ok. Theirgoal looked offside. They've been in control and we've hardly created anything. Bigot and Pishop (sic) not had a look in. Griffiths is not Bazunu.

RE: Todays Game/Sheff Wed - Daniel - 30-07-2022

Curtis is awful jacobs has no legs so both struggling to track back

RE: Todays Game/Sheff Wed - BigSmokeBlue - 30-07-2022

Not had 1 shot on goal in that first half…same old same old. Nice to see Cowleys teams have reverted to form in a brand new season.

RE: Todays Game/Sheff Wed - Daniel - 30-07-2022

We look so nervous

RE: Todays Game/Sheff Wed - mikey393 - 30-07-2022

Listening on radio as well. Pompey are unco-ordinated espcially down the left with Jacobs & Curtis getting in each others way. Curtis too slow & Not tracking back. Need to do better on the counter attack with space in behind their defence. No pace in the side.

Where's Westwood when we need him

goal!!!!!!!!! where did that come from??

off the bottom!!!!!

RE: Todays Game/Sheff Wed - mikey393 - 30-07-2022

Ogilvie. Great cross from Pack.

Yes !!

RE: Todays Game/Sheff Wed - Northstander - 30-07-2022

Didn't last long ffs