TrueBlueArmy Forums
Fratton parks current capacity - Printable Version

+- TrueBlueArmy Forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com)
+-- Forum: TBA forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Play Up Pompey (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Fratton parks current capacity (/showthread.php?tid=2084)

Pages: 1 2

Fratton parks current capacity - BlueArmy - 02-08-2022

Anyone know what it is after the North stand and south refurb? 100 percent of seats in those stands and the fratton end can be used I think now, is this correct?

I think.only 1500 to 2000 can only be used in the Milton end until work starts there.

1000 ish tickets left for Saturday it looks like online, hopefully a sellout for home fans so 17,000 plus.

On a side note, the fratton end is soldout again, the club desperately need to increase the capacity in the fratton end as its almost always soldout and many fans favourite stand.

RE: Fratton parks current capacity - Pedalo_menders - 02-08-2022

Depends on the safety certificate. The North Stand added 600 seats. Don't know how many were added in the south stand. Capacity should be about 20,600 now.

+or- South stand new seats
- Milton end restrictions

RE: Fratton parks current capacity - Cunninglinguist - 03-08-2022

I believe the capacity has been increased to just under 60000 and with the future added top tiers on all four stands, it should soon be able to accommodate the entire population of Portsea Island.

The Premier League is ours for the taking and it's only a matter of time before Raggett is to be seen lifting the trophy above his head.

Of course, the trust could have done all this themselves but I feel the Eisners have done alright.

RE: Fratton parks current capacity - Daniel - 03-08-2022

I’ve always thought how much would it cost to extend the fratton end and use up some of the 13 meters up to the Tesco car park.

Not being a engineer I wouldn’t know but could you not build back on the existing structure with out having to close the stand then knock through in the close season!?

Even getting another 10 rows in not sure how wide the end could put another 2500 (guessing) seats in at £24 a game with 23 home games.

Could be a added income of about 1.3mill a season.

RE: Fratton parks current capacity - BlueArmy - 03-08-2022

Thanks, we will sellout all games if we are doing well.

The club should extend the fratton end, its definitely a simple extension and could add a couple of thousand to capacity. It's the best stand where the atmosphere is so not surprising lots want to sit there. It's soldout Saturday. It definitely needs extending ASAP.

RE: Fratton parks current capacity - Pompeyg100 - 03-08-2022

No one would extend the FE unless the whole ground is selling out.

RE: Fratton parks current capacity - Daniel - 03-08-2022

By increasing the fratton end in theory you could also increase the size of the victory lounge. Which would make it a more usable space to potentially make income through out the year.

RE: Fratton parks current capacity - Northstander - 03-08-2022

(02-08-2022, 08:49 PM)BlueArmy Wrote: Anyone know what it is after the North stand and south refurb? 100 percent of seats in those stands and the fratton end can be used I think now, is this correct?

I think.only 1500 to 2000 can only be used in the Milton end until work starts there.

1000 ish tickets left for Saturday it looks like online, hopefully a sellout for home fans so 17,000 plus.

On a side note, the fratton end is soldout again, the club desperately need to increase the capacity in the fratton end as its almost always soldout and many fans favourite stand.

Re your comment on the Milton End Yes my Bristol Rovers mate says they have an initial allocation of 1900 for the game here Aug 20th. The North Stand Lower is back indeed with 600 extra seats. I read that the South Stand passed the "test" with 75 per cent capacity v Coventry. Hopefully that means it will be 100% on Saturday

RE: Fratton parks current capacity - BilltheCat - 03-08-2022

"my Bristol Rovers mate says they have an initial allocation of 1900 for the game here Aug 30th".

The game is on August 20th.

Coincidentally there is a planned RMT strike that Saturday.

Lol corrected

RE: Fratton parks current capacity - BabaOReally - 03-08-2022

(03-08-2022, 06:17 AM)Daniel Wrote: I’ve always thought how much would it cost to extend the fratton end and use up some of the 13 meters up to the Tesco car park.

Not being a engineer I wouldn’t know but could you not build back on the existing structure with out having to close the stand then knock through in the close season!?

Even getting another 10 rows in not sure how wide the end could put another 2500 (guessing) seats in at £24 a game with 23 home games.

Could be a added income of about 1.3mill a season.

The current Fratton end has 140 seats per row. I think the rows are 75cm wide. Could be slightly wider  but you'd be looking at 15 extra rows in that 13 m. 2100 seats minus the space required for  extra vomitories. Always wondered if the club could negotiate permission to overhang the Tesco carpark. Dead space that high above the cars. Could gain a few more rows that way.

RE: Fratton parks current capacity - Hammie - 03-08-2022

The capacity is heading in the right direction.
As regards the Fratton End, they will need to do something about the "milling space" behind, with many people standing there drinking before kick off it can be difficult to get through. I've no doubt, looking at the improved spaces created North and South, that they are already looking at this as part of increasing the capacity too.
And my biggest bugbear is still the way that the booking system allows for many single seats to be left all over the place, that is the biggest problem with selling to capacity.

Yes you are right Hammie. Looking at Saturday there are quite a few single seats in the North Stand lower available with a couple of doubles available up towards the Miilton End of the stand.

(03-08-2022, 10:54 AM)Northstander Wrote: Yes you are right Hammie. Looking at Saturday there are quite a few single seats in the North Stand lower available with a couple of doubles available up towards the Miilton End of the stand.

Fratton Park is the only place where I book tickets where the booking system does not refuse bookings that leave a single space, or shove you along one. With many season ticket holders being relocated it would have been possible to reduce it in the new areas too.

RE: Fratton parks current capacity - briefcase_wanchor - 03-08-2022

Back in Blighty for August and booked tickets for all the home games - had that problem of getting multiple seats (well, 3) together in the FE (couldn’t do it for all games) so using it as a chance to check out the new NSL and SS.

If it helps anyone I see there are quite a few available in the newly filled in NSL corner by the Fratton End (sections NLA and NLB).

RE: Fratton parks current capacity - bluetagagain - 03-08-2022

>Thanks, we will sellout all games if we are doing well.

The club should extend the fratton end, its definitely a simple extension and could add a couple of thousand to capacity. It's the best stand where the atmosphere is so not surprising lots want to sit there. It's soldout Saturday. It definitely needs extending ASAP.<
Well well well BlueArmy not only are you a scummer and a shit lower league striker but it now appears you are a civil engineer. Congratulations you’ve won COTW.

(03-08-2022, 12:57 PM)Northstander Wrote: If it helps anyone I see there are quite a few available in the newly filled in NSL corner by the Fratton End (sections NLA and NLB).

I saw that too, we are booked for the Tuesday evening game in the North lower (first time there for many years) and will have a look. I'm wondering about the view, whether you can see all four corners of the pitch etc. 
Have to say the South Lower looks a much improved view and wish we had gone there instead. 
As noted above trying to get a few seats together is tricky already, if the team does go on any sort of run its going to be difficult. 

Really need to incentivise ST holders to give up their seat especially for midweek games when whole rows in the Fratton End are sometimes left empty.

Yes it will be interesting to hear what the view is like, I don't think it will be much fun there when wet.

(03-08-2022, 05:02 PM)Northstander Wrote: Yes it will be interesting to hear what the view is like, I don't think it will be much fun there when wet.

Is that why the boilermakers used to get the hump?  Big Grin

(03-08-2022, 05:39 PM)Hammie Wrote:
(03-08-2022, 05:02 PM)Northstander Wrote: Yes it will be interesting to hear what the view is like, I don't think it will be much fun there when wet.

Smile

RE: Fratton parks current capacity - Cunninglinguist - 03-08-2022

(03-08-2022, 06:30 PM)Northstander Wrote:
(03-08-2022, 05:39 PM)Hammie Wrote:

Smile
Hammie!

NO!

RE: Fratton parks current capacity - teeftwo - 04-08-2022

Ref incentives for season ticket owners to give up seats - All the club needs to do is bring back the system where you could donate your seat back for resale. I've contacted the club before about this but never any response.

RE: Fratton parks current capacity - exgaffer - 04-08-2022

(04-08-2022, 06:05 AM)teeftwo Wrote: Ref incentives for season ticket owners to give up seats - All the club needs to do is bring back the system where you could donate your seat back for resale. I've contacted the club before about this but never any response.

I agree totally teeftwo, there’s no reason why seats should remain empty when there are people willing to fill them. It helps the people who want to watch the game, it helps the players in terms of atmosphere and it’s no skin off the nose of season ticket holders who weren’t going to attend anyway.

RE: Fratton parks current capacity - DeepBlue - 04-08-2022

Capacity is now 19,400 until October according to Cullen in today's snooze.