TrueBlueArmy Forums
We might (or might not) have…… - Printable Version

+- TrueBlueArmy Forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com)
+-- Forum: TBA forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Play Up Pompey (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: We might (or might not) have…… (/showthread.php?tid=2087)

We might (or might not) have…… - Cunninglinguist - 04-08-2022

Other things to talk about, now the season has actually started but everything seems to have gone quiet on the transfer front.

We need a more than capable replacement for Harness. By capable, I mean more effective than he was.

RE: We might (or might not) have…… - bluetagagain - 04-08-2022

I think it’s all in hand. DC is very canny in his dealings so I’d suspect something to happen in the next week or so. No immediate hurry as we have Curtis, Recco and Jacobs plus Reid when fit.

RE: We might (or might not) have…… - mikey393 - 04-08-2022

If we still have anything left in the transfer kitty ?

Why shouldn’t there be ?

RE: We might (or might not) have…… - Cunninglinguist - 04-08-2022

(04-08-2022, 09:20 AM)bluetagagain Wrote: I think it’s all in hand. DC is very canny in his dealings so I’d suspect something to happen in the next week or so. No immediate hurry as we have Curtis, Recco and Jacobs plus Reid when fit.

Jacobs is very good, when he decides to turn it on. I haven't seen many 90 minute performances from him and he often gets subbed for good reason.

Curtis is whole hearted but pace isn't something he's blessed with.

Reeco, I think, may improve but the jury is out, or he'd be starting.

I don't believe we have as much time as we'd like. The clock is ticking now and the nearer the deadline, the more it becomes a seller's market.

Hopefully a loan is happening today/ tomorrow but I’d still like another pacey wide player that can cross especially as it looks like we’ll be playing 442

RE: We might (or might not) have…… - Deebo - 04-08-2022

Good crosses in to the very capable head of Colby Bishop are going to be one of the main ingredients of a successful season.

RE: We might (or might not) have…… - slayer - 04-08-2022

We miss Harness's pace, but that's it, because that was his only positive quality.

RE: We might (or might not) have…… - Hammie - 04-08-2022

and he rarely left a defender standing and we scored as a result of his pace

I don’t miss anything about Harness as he offered very little in his 3 seasons here. Good riddance.

RE: We might (or might not) have…… - exgaffer - 05-08-2022

(04-08-2022, 10:08 PM)bluetagagain Wrote: I don’t miss anything about Harness as he offered very little in his 3 seasons here. Good riddance.

I agree, Harness was just ‘there’, he exhibited the odd flash of skill but nowhere near enough to justify a regular place.

RE: We might (or might not) have…… - Northstandgeorge - 05-08-2022

(05-08-2022, 06:43 AM)exgaffer Wrote:
(04-08-2022, 10:08 PM)bluetagagain Wrote: I don’t miss anything about Harness as he offered very little in his 3 seasons here. Good riddance.

I agree, Harness was just ‘there’, he exhibited the odd flash of skill but nowhere near enough to justify a regular place.

Some people do talk a load of shite He was our top goalscorer last season.  Of couse that will be missed, if we can replace him with a winger who scores as many as him, creates chance and can fill in at wing back in an emergency Cowley would have done exceptionally well.  Especially if he gets 3 seasons out of him and then sells on at a profit

RE: We might (or might not) have…… - bluetagagain - 05-08-2022

Harness was only top scorer because we didn’t have a striker worth talking about until the back end of the season when Hirst realised that’s what he was. Harness no pace, couldn’t cross and totally inconsistent, as I said good riddance. Let’s see how he does at Ipswich.
I can’t remember him playing as a wingback and I believe we bought him for £800K and sold him for £500k plus £250k add ons so where’s the profit?Some people do talk shite.

RE: We might (or might not) have…… - ForeverPompey - 05-08-2022

Inconsistent yes. Time for him to move on yes. However, in his time here one goal in four plus similar number of assists isn’t too bad. Yes he played as wing back once or twice in emergency and he wasn’t very good at it. No pace? I remember him ripping Wigan’s defence apart last home game of the season for our first goal before crossing perfectly for Hirst. I agree that he did alright, no hard feelings and good luck to him but hopefully we can progress in getting someone more consistent.

RE: We might (or might not) have…… - Ain’t got a Danny - 05-08-2022

What people used to label “flatters to deceive”. As said above he’s inconsistent and won’t progress further than League 1 if he stays that way.

Having said that, 23 goals in 111 appearances not bad for a non striker.