TrueBlueArmy Forums
Very proud tonight - Printable Version

+- TrueBlueArmy Forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com)
+-- Forum: TBA forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Play Up Pompey (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Very proud tonight (/showthread.php?tid=2114)

Very proud tonight - slayer - 09-08-2022

Can't remember the last time I felt proud of the team but to go and 0-3 Championship opposition in their own back yard after such a bollocks pre-season, you just have to say well done to that

RE: Very proud tonight - West Australian Portsmouth Fan - 10-08-2022

(09-08-2022, 11:55 PM)scumslayer Wrote: Can't remember the last time I felt proud of the team but to go and 0-3 Championship opposition in their own back yard after such a bollocks pre-season, you just have to say well done to that
Happy with beating Cardiff’s reserves 0-3 and hopefully we can build on that performance

RE: Very proud tonight - Cunninglinguist - 10-08-2022

Cardiff fans didn't seem to think it was a reserve side.

RE: Very proud tonight - 2_Kuhl - 10-08-2022

(10-08-2022, 01:30 AM)West Australian Portsmouth Fan Wrote:
(09-08-2022, 11:55 PM)scumslayer Wrote: Can't remember the last time I felt proud of the team but to go and 0-3 Championship opposition in their own back yard after such a bollocks pre-season, you just have to say well done to that
Happy with beating Cardiff’s reserves 0-3 and hopefully we can build on that performance

Yep, ours was pretty much a reserve side too. Good to finally see some strength in depth.

RE: Very proud tonight - mike hunt - 10-08-2022

While it is early days, I do sense that a team is emerging hopefully we can start to look forward to better days & climbing the league table PUP

RE: Very proud tonight - bluetagagain - 10-08-2022

Just need a left winger and our defenders to get fit and we’ll be there.

(10-08-2022, 05:18 AM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: Cardiff fans didn't seem to think it was a reserve side.

Well their starting 11 was 100% different from the one that ran out against Reading on the weekend. Not being negative just stating a fact

RE: Very proud tonight - Cunninglinguist - 10-08-2022

Just stating that Cardiff fans regarded that as a very strong side, before the game.

Just being positive.

RE: Very proud tonight - Pompeyg100 - 10-08-2022

(10-08-2022, 06:20 AM)2_Kuhl Wrote:
(10-08-2022, 01:30 AM)West Australian Portsmouth Fan Wrote:

Yep, ours was pretty much a reserve side too. Good to finally see some strength in depth.

Apart from most of them being first team?!

RE: Very proud tonight - BilltheCat - 10-08-2022

"Well their starting 11 was 100% different from the one that ran out against Reading on the weekend. Not being negative just stating a fact".

Just to be pedantic Cardiff made ten changes from their previous match. Curtis Nelson played in both - so not quite 100%.

RE: Very proud tonight - Pompeyg100 - 10-08-2022

It was a great result and a good 2nd half display however many of their first team played.

We need to carry this forward to the league and start playing from the first whistle.

(10-08-2022, 10:32 AM)BilltheCat Wrote: "Well their starting 11 was 100% different from the one that ran out against Reading on the weekend. Not being negative just stating a fact".

Just to be pedantic Cardiff made ten changes from their previous match. Curtis Nelson played in both - so not quite 100%.

Ok well you got me there

RE: Very proud tonight - Tomsk - 10-08-2022

Whoever played the fact remains that as clubs we are Lge1 and they are a league above and we went there and stuck three in and won.
And about that supposed leaky defence, did ok last night.