TrueBlueArmy Forums
Cheltenham predictions - Printable Version

+- TrueBlueArmy Forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com)
+-- Forum: TBA forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Play Up Pompey (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Cheltenham predictions (/showthread.php?tid=2119)

Pages: 1 2

Cheltenham predictions - BlueArmy - 12-08-2022

What do you predict for this game?

I think a 1 1 draw, which isn't really good enough.

That'll be 3 pts from 3 games and a terrible league start.

Pressure will be on in the next 2 home games even more if we don't win tomorrow, as a gap will be growing to the top 6 even this early on. Our September run in is very difficult so we won't get many wins that month. Need to get wins ASAP.

RE: Cheltenham predictions - Isaac Hunt - 12-08-2022

Win win win all day long
Don't care about the score

RE: Cheltenham predictions - Cunninglinguist - 12-08-2022

(12-08-2022, 05:42 PM)BlueArmy Wrote: What do you predict for this game?

I think a 1 1 draw, which isn't really good enough.

That'll be 3 pts from 3 games and a terrible league start.

Pressure will be on in the next 2 home games even more if we don't win tomorrow, as a gap will be growing to the top 6 even this early on. Our September run in is very difficult so we won't get many wins that month. Need to get wins ASAP.

Fortunately, you’re only a WUM but you’re right about 1-1 not being good enough. It still wouldn’t be the end of the world though.

RE: Cheltenham predictions - BlueArmy - 12-08-2022

A draw would be a very bad result.

Even this early on we don't want to be playing catch up. Failure to win in the opening 3 games is a concern.

Failure to win tomorrow would even this early on make the 2 next home games must wins.

RE: Cheltenham predictions - Hermann's_no_hermit - 12-08-2022

(12-08-2022, 06:05 PM)BlueArmy Wrote: A draw would be a very bad result.

Even this early on we don't want to be playing catch up. Failure to win in the opening 3 games is a concern.

Failure to win tomorrow would even this early on make the 2 next home games must wins.

Glad to see that Barmy is continuing to be his usual beacon of optimism.
Personally I reckon 2-0 to us
PUP

RE: Cheltenham predictions - exterminator - 12-08-2022

(12-08-2022, 06:05 PM)BlueArmy Wrote: A draw would be a very bad result.

The season is a 46 game marathon, not a 3 game sprint. The team has only just come together over the last 2/3 weeks - let's see how we are after 10 games before panicking. 

I'm confident with the quality of players through the door that we are going to have a very good season.

RE: Cheltenham predictions - 66zoolane - 12-08-2022

(12-08-2022, 06:05 PM)BlueArmy Wrote: A draw would be a very bad result for me - a heavy defeat would suit me better

Even this early on I don't want to be exposing myself as a scummer. Failure to lose in the opening 3 games is a concern for me.

Failure to lose tomorrow would even this early on, make me wet myself in Sainsburys and fall off the toilet when I got home.

Yeah, see what you mean. Still, never mind.

RE: Cheltenham predictions - Smirnoffexpress - 12-08-2022

3-1 to Pompey.

RE: Cheltenham predictions - Isaac Hunt - 12-08-2022

Altering a post...bad form.
That's stooping to Savaloy's level

RE: Cheltenham predictions - 66zoolane - 12-08-2022

(12-08-2022, 06:35 PM)Isaac Hunt Wrote: Altering a post...bad form.
That's stooping to Savaloy's level

Ah well  Rolleyes

WUM goes both ways, mind.

RE: Cheltenham predictions - Pompeyg100 - 12-08-2022

10-0 Cheltenham

RE: Cheltenham predictions - bluetagagain - 12-08-2022

2-0 Pompey

RE: Cheltenham predictions - Cowespompey - 12-08-2022

It should be a Pompey win as we now have the best squad since we’ve been in league 1 . But football doesn’t always go to plan . 2/0 Pompey

RE: Cheltenham predictions - Pompey_in_Derby - 12-08-2022

After last season's terrible performance and result at Cheltenham, I feel the players owe us a convincing victory.

I also predict the best scumming of the season........ potentially 3 scummers in their side....... Nlundulu, Ferry and Norton!

RE: Cheltenham predictions - Tomsk - 12-08-2022

(12-08-2022, 08:11 PM)Pompeyg100 Wrote: 10-0 Cheltenham

Whoa the leaky defence isn't that leaky, plus we've got ourselves a decent couple of strikers.... I'll go 7-3 Cheltenham

RE: Cheltenham predictions - Hammie - 13-08-2022

A slow start from Pompey, then Cheltenham score and we wake up. To win 3:1 in the end.

RE: Cheltenham predictions - Pedalo_menders - 13-08-2022

Anyone remember the score last season? It wasn't pretty.

They've also just been spanked so would expect them to be similar in their approach to Lincoln.

For those reasons I'm going for another 0-0

RE: Cheltenham predictions - Cunninglinguist - 13-08-2022

A comfortable 1-3 victory for Pompey.

The players need to show the arrogance that matches that of some of Pompeys fans.

RE: Cheltenham predictions - Northstander - 13-08-2022

2.1 win for Pompey

RE: Cheltenham predictions - Daniel - 13-08-2022

With Cheltenham getting a hammering the other night I think they will have a real reaction so a tough game coming up I think we will edge but only one goal in it.

These are the teams we need to go and beat if we have a chance of promotion and should not fear, so I would like to see Thompson dropped for a more attacking midfielder like lowery. As well as Swanson for rafferty as the few minutes he’s been on looks a more attacking full back.

RE: Cheltenham predictions - Gerry Hatrick - 13-08-2022

The exceptional heat is going to be a factor. Maybe it will just be about which side have more in their tank in the final 20 minutes. Who is going to make that tired back pass? Who is unable to find the final yard to that ball? A win by Pompey is still to be expected but under these circumstances, any kind of win will do.

RE: Cheltenham predictions - Isaac Hunt - 13-08-2022

At least no sickness bug this week

RE: Cheltenham predictions - Pompeyg100 - 13-08-2022

(13-08-2022, 09:34 AM)Gerry Hatrick Wrote: The exceptional heat is going to be a factor. Maybe it will just be about which side have more in their tank in the final 20 minutes. Who is going to make that tired back pass? Who is unable to find the final yard to that ball? A win by Pompey is still to be expected but under these circumstances, any kind of win will do.

Probably Rags making that back pass, 2 of his went out for corners.

I want to see us play for 90 mins and not just the 2nd half, go out and play our game and kill then off early.  Make teams adjust to us.

(13-08-2022, 07:08 AM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: A comfortable 1-3 victory for Pompey.

The players need to show the arrogance that matches that of some of Pompeys fans.

C'mon what do you want Arrogance or Wrist slashing ?

Looks like we are more or less evens favourites to win