TrueBlueArmy Forums
Team Today - Printable Version

+- TrueBlueArmy Forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com)
+-- Forum: TBA forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Play Up Pompey (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Team Today (/showthread.php?tid=2120)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: Team Today - Cunninglinguist - 13-08-2022

Scarlett has done well. A bit more luck and………

Hackett has done a shift getting back but not the quickest decision maker going forward.

RE: Team Today - mikey393 - 13-08-2022

Good Win. Onwards & Upwards!

RE: Team Today - Rocketman - 13-08-2022

Yes good result, good solid performance. Two home games now, need to keep the pressure up (and good result for Cambridge today)

RE: Team Today - Hammie - 13-08-2022

Good for Tuesday that after the hottest game ever (apparently) we have squad members who can step up

RE: Team Today - bluetagagain - 13-08-2022

The big difference is that we have strikers that look and score like strikers but perhaps more we have a Rolls Royce engine in midfield in Marlon Pack who so far has been superb in every game.

RE: Team Today - TBP - 13-08-2022

Good to see that Cowley responded positively to the timely kick up the backside I gave him last week.

RE: Team Today - Northstander - 13-08-2022

1st win there in 5 atttempts in the league (3 draws and 1 loss before today). We did win there 3.0 in 2020 in the P Pot Trophy as I call it.

RE: Team Today - Hammie - 13-08-2022

Quiet on here.
We must have won!

RE: Team Today - DeepBlue - 13-08-2022

(13-08-2022, 05:41 PM)Hammie Wrote: Quiet on here.
We must have won!

Yes, let's enjoy Bluearmy's pain. Even if his lot did scrape a draw.

RE: Team Today - Pedalo_menders - 13-08-2022

That's the irony isn't it. Nothing to complain about when we win. Interested to see if someone posts a match report over the weekend.

Encouraging signs from the boys. I hope they can keep building on it.

RE: Team Today - Pompeyloyal - 13-08-2022

(13-08-2022, 02:01 PM)bluetagagain Wrote:
(13-08-2022, 01:36 PM)mikey393 Wrote:
(13-08-2022, 01:08 PM)Daniel Wrote: Hackett and Jacobs should not be starting

Your Reasons?

Dale is miles better Hackett and Curtis is in form whereas Jacobs hasn't done anything of note so far this season.

Won the pen today - I think Cowley’s just bedding in the 2 new signings 

As he tends to do 

Ideally Cowley will sign another 2 (3 ideally) players before the T/W shuts

Can see Curtis leaving to help to finance additional signings

PUP

RE: Team Today - Trarchus - 14-08-2022

Early days, but it does seem like we have a real potent strike force on our hands this season.

Been impressed with the players brought in, the team looks more than capable.
A team we can really get behind that gets results is what I'm starting to think.

Normally get bullied and never handle Cheltenham's direct play, we dispatched them quite easily, I thought.

RE: Team Today - DanishBlue - 14-08-2022

What a difference an active transfer window makes, especially compared to last summer when it was obvious that we were going to struggle to get into the play-offs. Now with the potent strike force we've got a real chance.

This could be a good season.

RE: Team Today - Hermann's_no_hermit - 14-08-2022

(14-08-2022, 11:40 AM)DanishBlue Wrote: What a difference an active transfer window makes, especially compared to last summer when it was obvious that we were going to struggle to get into the play-offs. Now with the potent strike force we've got a real chance.

This could be a good season.
Well you're clearly not BArmy in disguise. Have to agree think we are going to enjoy this season.

RE: Team Today - Hammie - 14-08-2022

perhaps that thing about needing three transfer windows is holding true?

RE: Team Today - Pompeyg100 - 14-08-2022

Christ it’s a bit early for it to be any indication of how the season is going to be. Worse start than last season!

RE: Team Today - Tomsk - 14-08-2022

Saying that the leaky defence hasn't conceded in three games, so not too leaky atm

RE: Team Today - Hermann's_no_hermit - 14-08-2022

(14-08-2022, 01:19 PM)Pompeyg100 Wrote: Christ it’s a bit early for it to be any indication of how the season is going to be. Worse start than last season!

My optimism based on what I firmly believe is now a good quality squad. Minor reservations about Griffiths - not convinced so far - but I think this has been a good transfer window even though it was frustratingly slow to get going. Comparisons with last season's start are irrelevant. Have much more confidence in this team getting better through the season.
Oh, by the way, now only 2 points off the top!
PUP

Comparisons to last seasons start are completely relevant.

RE: Team Today - DeepBlue - 14-08-2022

(14-08-2022, 04:05 PM)Pompeyg100 Wrote: Comparisons to last seasons start are completely relevant.

Why ? 

It's a completely different team and circumstances.  And opponents.

Comparisons to us last season are no more relevant than comparisons with any other team who started well and faded or who started badly and improved. Every team is different every season, and past performance is no indicator of future performance. Anything can happen to any team, which is hardly deep insight but it is what makes supporting any team enjoyable.

(14-08-2022, 04:45 PM)DeepBlue Wrote:
(14-08-2022, 04:05 PM)Pompeyg100 Wrote: Comparisons to last seasons start are completely relevant.

Why ? 

Comparisons to us last season are no more relevant than comparisons with any other team who started well and faded or who started badly and improved. Every team is different every season, and past performance is no indicator of future performance. Anything can happen to any team, which is hardly deep insight but it is what makes supporting any team enjoyable.

So by your rules, nothing can be compared to anything else?

RE: Team Today - bluetagagain - 14-08-2022

Deep don’t argue with him. He produces no evidence of his own all the while asking for your evidence. He’s just a troll with no valid opinions of his own.

(14-08-2022, 05:51 PM)Pompeyg100 Wrote:

Why ? 

Don't be daft.  

You can compare the first three games of this season to the first three games of last season if you want. 

No-one is stopping you.  

But what you cannot do is expect anyone to agree with any worthless conclusion you draw from such a meaningless comparison.

(14-08-2022, 06:59 PM)DeepBlue Wrote:

Why ? 

Don't be daft.  

You can compare the first three games of this season to the first three games of last season if you want. 

No-one is stopping you.  

But what you cannot do is expect anyone to agree with any worthless conclusion you draw from such a meaningless comparison.

I never asked anyone to agree with me you dick, certainly not you.

The first 3 games of the season cannot be used as an indication of how the rest of the season will go and last season proves that.
i couldn’t give a fuck if you agree or not but if you don’t, you’re wrong.

(14-08-2022, 07:23 PM)Pompeyg100 Wrote:
(14-08-2022, 06:59 PM)DeepBlue Wrote:

Why ? 

Don't be daft.  

No-one is stopping you.  

I never asked anyone to agree with me you dick, certainly not you.

The first 3 games of the season cannot be used as an indication of how the rest of the season will go and last season proves that.
i couldn’t give a fuck if you agree or not but if you don’t, you’re wrong.

In that case we agree. 

But why didn't you say that earlier ?

All you said was that it was a worse start than last season and that that comparison was relevant.