TrueBlueArmy Forums
Scarlett - Printable Version

+- TrueBlueArmy Forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com)
+-- Forum: TBA forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Play Up Pompey (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Scarlett (/showthread.php?tid=2136)

Scarlett - TBP - 17-08-2022

Is he the real deal? Or is he another young player who runs around a lot, but never quite delivers. Indeed, another Tyler Walker.

RE: Scarlett - bluetagagain - 17-08-2022

He did more last night than Walker did in half a season

RE: Scarlett - Theyak2 - 17-08-2022

He'll get a goal and then take off. He is an absolute menace. He could have a proper breakthrough season at pompey.
He deservedly got a standing ovation as he walked past the fratton end and south stand. That alone will do his confidence a soring lot of good

RE: Scarlett - ForeverPompey - 17-08-2022

I think he’ll be fine and he’s already built up a rapport with fans. It took him several minutes walking round the pitch after being subbed, high fiving fans and signing autographs. I think he gets the club and, although a work in progress,will be a good addition to the squad.

RE: Scarlett - dsmg - 17-08-2022

Can't see how he's like Walker. Walker walked or loped and put in little effort, Scarlett is lightning fast and doesn't stop running. Perhaps we could criticise him for trying to do too much, beating three men at once but he could be a real star.

RE: Scarlett - DeepBlue - 17-08-2022

(17-08-2022, 05:42 AM)TBP Wrote: Is he the real deal? Or is he another young player who runs around a lot, but never quite delivers. Indeed, another Tyler Walker.

The whole problem with Tyler Walker was that he didn't run around a lot. He just ambled around looking uninterested. 

Scarlett is a very promising young player, very mature in playing terms for his age, but IMO Pigott should start and let Scarlett come off the bench and scare tiring defences with his pace.

RE: Scarlett - slayer - 17-08-2022

This boy is the real deal and is going to the very top. He reminds me of Mbappe and has the potential to rise to the same levels

RE: Scarlett - dsmg - 17-08-2022

Praise indeed as Mbappe is probably considered in the 10 best players in the world.

RE: Scarlett - Cunninglinguist - 17-08-2022

(17-08-2022, 08:34 AM)DeepBlue Wrote:
(17-08-2022, 05:42 AM)TBP Wrote: Is he the real deal? Or is he another young player who runs around a lot, but never quite delivers. Indeed, another Tyler Walker.

The whole problem with Tyler Walker was that he didn't run around a lot. He just ambled around looking uninterested. 

Scarlett is a very promising young player, very mature in playing terms for his age, but IMO Pigott should start and let Scarlett come off the bench and scare tiring defences with his pace.

Same here. Tire the defense out and then bring him on.

Love to a last half hour pairing of Scarlett and Hirst.

RE: Scarlett - TBP - 17-08-2022

Let's see.

RE: Scarlett - Pedalo_menders - 17-08-2022

It's a better start than last year and it certainly looks like our bench is stronger. We haven't yet come up against a team that has worked out how to neutralise us. (I don't count Lincoln in that bracket). How we overcome that hurdle will define our season.

RE: Scarlett - bluetagagain - 17-08-2022

We need to be a team of two halves and not leave it until the final 45.

RE: Scarlett - DeepBlue - 17-08-2022

(17-08-2022, 01:36 PM)Pedalo_menders Wrote: It's a better start than last year and it certainly looks like our bench is stronger. We haven't yet come up against a team that has worked out how to neutralise us. (I don't count Lincoln in that bracket). How we overcome that hurdle will define our season.

A better start in all ways other than points .. we had 10 after 4 games last year.  

All the signs are that our away form is going to be better so I agree that the key to the season is breaking down teams who try to neutralise us at Fratton, but I would very much include Lincokn in that. They were a prime example of teams that will try to park the bus against us.

RE: Scarlett - Hammie - 17-08-2022

Once he learns what to do when he has drawn the whole defence to himself, then he will step up a level. Last night he twice had 4 players trying to stop him, perhaps it also needs our players to get used to that and give him and out ball. Very encouraging indeed, no idea if he is a good finisher as yet but looks a lovely player to be a fox in the box next to!

RE: Scarlett - Theyak2 - 17-08-2022

I'd like to see him come on in a cup game with 30 to go, to see if it works. He does have blistering pace and 5 subs arguably says you finish with your best side rather than start with it

RE: Scarlett - Pompey_in_Derby - 17-08-2022

(17-08-2022, 02:53 PM)DeepBlue Wrote:
(17-08-2022, 01:36 PM)Pedalo_menders Wrote: It's a better start than last year and it certainly looks like our bench is stronger. We haven't yet come up against a team that has worked out how to neutralise us. (I don't count Lincoln in that bracket). How we overcome that hurdle will define our season.

A better start in all ways other than points .. we had 10 after 4 games last year.  

All the signs are that our away form is going to be better so I agree that the key to the season is breaking down teams who try to neutralise us at Fratton, but I would very much include Lincokn in that. They were a prime example of teams that will try to park the bus against us.

OK, we had 10 from the first 4 last season but against very weak teams.

Comparing results this year vs last year against the same clubs:

Sheff Wed away - gained 1 point
Lincoln home - dropped 2 points
Cheltenham away - gained 3 points
Cambridge home - gained 3 points

Which, by my reckoning, suggests we are FIVE points better off already!