TrueBlueArmy Forums
Transfer window - Printable Version

+- TrueBlueArmy Forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com)
+-- Forum: TBA forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Play Up Pompey (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Transfer window (/showthread.php?tid=2185)

Pages: 1 2

Transfer window - Daniel - 29-08-2022

3 days left what do you think will happen in the last few days!?
Tunni and Freeman out and haji on a loan to league two or promotion pushing national league.

Hopefully centre back, defensive midfield and winger in

RE: Transfer window - slayer - 29-08-2022

It wouldn't be Pompey if we didn't let both Curtis and Jacobs go and replace neither, you know how this shit goes

RE: Transfer window - blueinbrum3 - 29-08-2022

(29-08-2022, 01:55 PM)scumslayer Wrote: It wouldn't be Pompey if we didn't let both Curtis and Jacobs go and replace neither, you know how this shit goes

That’s the old script.Fingers crossed things have changed and hopefully the final pieces will be in place by 11.00 pm Thursday.

RE: Transfer window - Isaac Hunt - 29-08-2022

Ronaldo !

RE: Transfer window - DeepBlue - 29-08-2022

(29-08-2022, 01:23 PM)Daniel Wrote: 3 days left what do you think will happen in the last few days!?
Tunni and Freeman out and haji on a loan to league two or promotion pushing national league.

Hopefully centre back, defensive midfield and winger in

Not sure we need another defensive midfielder, Pack & Morrell can do that role perfectly well. A loan to give competition for Lowery for the more forward midfield role until Thompson gets back might be an idea, but Mingi looks good and Morrell can do that too, so not urgent IMO. 

And personally not fussed about another winger either if no-one leaves, we have Reeco & Dale on the right and Jacobs and Curtis on the left.  A fourth central striker would make sense numerically, but I wouldnt fancy anyone's chances of getting much game time with Bishop, Pigott & Scarlett to contend with. Perhaps we can survive with just Curtiis as the fourth option there. 

Centre back cover definitely needed though if we we loan Mnoga out.

RE: Transfer window - mikey393 - 29-08-2022

Carter is fit again & on the bench for Blackburn. Another season loan maybe?

RE: Transfer window - Pedalo_menders - 29-08-2022

That would be a luxurious signing given how well Rafferty has done. But you can't have too many good players in a squad. I think the focus will be on another striker and right winger.

RE: Transfer window - DeepBlue - 29-08-2022

(29-08-2022, 06:17 PM)Pedalo_menders Wrote: That would be a luxurious signing given how well Rafferty has done. But you can't have too many good players in a squad. I think the focus will be on another striker and right winger.

Carter is a centre back primarily, but can also play at right back. 

He would be a dream signing at this stage of the window, but I suspect there is no chance as Blackburn seem to want to use him themselves.

RE: Transfer window - bluetagagain - 29-08-2022

DC has already mentioned he doesn’t have a midfielder in Thompson ‘position’ .
I reckon a predominately left sided attacker and a left footed central defender, if he picks up another midfielder then it’s a Brucie bonus.

RE: Transfer window - Hammie - 30-08-2022

A centre half, but gong to be tricky as they might not get much game time, ditto for a 4th striker as we are playing two up front. One as a loan one as permanent I guess.
Plus one midfield who can play wide, maybe two if we cash in Curtis.

RE: Transfer window - mikey393 - 30-08-2022

Fasten your seat belts we may be in for a bumpy ride!

i think we will need players to move out before we can get new ones in as part of the EWK policy.

RE: Transfer window - Daniel - 31-08-2022

Harvey St Clair Latest name to be linked

Plays div 2 in Italy have no idea if he is any good or not!!

RE: Transfer window - DeepBlue - 31-08-2022

(31-08-2022, 03:54 PM)Daniel Wrote: Harvey St Clair Latest name to be linked

Looks a typical victim of Chelsea's youth policy. Plenty of promise as a teenager only to stagnate when he had to leave them to get games.  He signed for them as an 8 year old, got scottish international recognition at U17,U19,U20 & U21 then went to Italy Serie B with Venezia but has been sent out on loan for the past few years. A 23 yo winger with only 50 first team games to his name at not very high levels (and only 2 goals).  

Fits the profile of young hungry players out to prove themselves, but his decline has been 4 years long so it may be too late to recover his career here. Certainly a big gamble.

RE: Transfer window - Hammie - 31-08-2022

(31-08-2022, 04:20 PM)DeepBlue Wrote:

Looks a typical victim of Chelsea's youth policy. Plenty of promise as a teenager only to stagnate when he had to leave them to get games.  He signed for them as an 8 year old, got scottish international recognition at U17,U19,U20 & U21 then went to Italy Serie B with Venezia but has been sent out on loan for the past few years. A 23 yo winger with only 50 first team games to his name at not very high levels (and only 2 goals).  

Fits the profile of young hungry players out to prove themselves, but his decline has been 4 years long so it may be too late to recover his career here. Certainly a big gamble.

Seems worth a shot for the rest of the season, not going to be expensive, probably talented. Can he cope with the hurly burly of lower league mens' football in England?

RE: Transfer window - bluetagagain - 31-08-2022

It’s a loan so could be win win for us. We still need a left winger and a left sided defender. Unless he’s happy with Curtis & Jacobs. Only about 28th left.

RE: Transfer window - BlueArmy - 31-08-2022

Hopefully we can get a whole new defence with the exception of Ogilvie.

RE: Transfer window - stayinupforever - 31-08-2022

Sounds like a posh chocolate.

RE: Transfer window - Northstander - 31-08-2022

(29-08-2022, 06:01 PM)mikey393 Wrote: Carter is fit again & on the bench for Blackburn. Another season loan maybe?

Starts tonight for Blackburn Mikey. He isn't going anywhere

RE: Transfer window - mikey393 - 01-09-2022

(31-08-2022, 07:08 PM)Northstander Wrote:
(29-08-2022, 06:01 PM)mikey393 Wrote: Carter is fit again & on the bench for Blackburn. Another season loan maybe?

Starts tonight for Blackburn Mikey. He isn't going anywhere

Agreed unless Blackburn sign another C.B. today.

RE: Transfer window - BigSmokeBlue - 01-09-2022

No new signings expected today according to various reports.

Thoughts?

RE: Transfer window - slayer - 01-09-2022

As long as only Tunni and Freeman leave, fine

RE: Transfer window - DeepBlue - 01-09-2022

(01-09-2022, 05:27 PM)scumslayer Wrote: As long as only Tunni and Freeman leave, fine

Happy to keep Tunnicliffe with Thompson injured ... he is the only other midfielder we have with a strong physical presence, and he can do a good job off the bench in various circumstances.   

But he will have no trouble finding a club so I expect someone will come on for him.

RE: Transfer window - BlueArmy - 01-09-2022

(01-09-2022, 05:17 PM)BigSmokeBlue Wrote: No new signings expected today according to various reports.

Thoughts?

The squad isn't strong enough for top 2. Our centre backs are not good enough.

I think we finish between 6th and 8th. We may scrape 6th.

We will be exposed by the best teams in this division, starting Saturday.  Just in my opinion.

RE: Transfer window - 66zoolane - 01-09-2022

(01-09-2022, 05:31 PM)BlueArmy Wrote:
(01-09-2022, 05:17 PM)BigSmokeBlue Wrote: No new signings expected today according to various reports.

Thoughts?

The squad isn't strong enough for top 2. Our centre backs are not good enough.

I think we finish between 6th and 8th. We may scrape 6th.

We will be exposed by the best teams in this division, starting Saturday.  Just in my opinion.

I agree with your first and last lines but the rest is nonsensical - how the hell do you think you'll finish between 6th and 8th when you're likely to go down?

RE: Transfer window - dsmg - 01-09-2022

I think you’ve already said that